Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    06 S2000

Interesting. I'd be happy to find out I'm at <20%. I doubt I am, but a man can hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    14' 435i

My gym has a similar machine that runs that all for me, for free, whenever I want.

Im sitting at 16% BF working towards 12ish...

Gave me my numbers 2 months ago, gonna check at the end of this month to see where im at!

Quote Originally Posted by nissanK View Post
    Got it done at EFW Radiology: http://efwrad.com/patients/body-composition-analysis

The only location that has the equipment is their Advanced Medical Imaging Centre location and it's only $100.

My results were 24.5% BF mostly located in my midsection (not surprised). What did surprsie me is that I'm stil considered within 'Normal/Acceptable' BF range:

https://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03...centage-chart/

My goal is to get down to 13-15% BF and maintain at that level.
    How much does this cost?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by GOnSHO View Post
    My gym has a similar machine that runs that all for me, for free, whenever I want.

Im sitting at 16% BF working towards 12ish...

Gave me my numbers 2 months ago, gonna check at the end of this month to see where im at!
    What kind of machine...that one uses x-rays, instead of the silly little electricity through your feet thing (bioelectric impedance). It will give you a good number to follow for a trend, but i wouldn't trust what the number actually says

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    How much does this cost?
    Read my post again....
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Quote Originally Posted by nissanK View Post
    Read my post again....
    2nd line :-)

My Ride
    Axis powers

Been struggling with keto and zerocarb for weight loss lately, someone recommended I look into Dr. Jason Fung

Purchased a couple of his books this past weekend, The Obesity Code and The Complete Guide to Fasting, <- this is the better of the 2 I've found

Anyways, I'm 62 hours into my fast right now, down about 4 lbs since Friday and that's with a visit to 1 Pot on Saturday, I'm going to be breaking the fast Thursday night as I have a work dinner and it would be some what awkward to sit while everyone else eats
    After that, I'm thinking of doing a 5:2 except 5 days fasting and 2 days eating until I reach my desired body weight but we'll see how that goes

I'm really interested in the Autophagy and Insulin Sensitivity reset that comes with longer fasting periods instead of IF
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    rally pig

how hard is it to get to that level of fasting and are you also physically active during your fasting?

weighted myself over the weekend and I haven't seen my weight below 180lbs since high-school

I started IMF after Thanksgiving last year and have lost over 30lbs.. cheaper and healthier than shaving weight off my bike

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    <snip>

Anyways, I'm 62 hours into my fast right now, down about 4 lbs since Friday <snip>
    Did you get any "keto flu"-like symptoms? I recently did 72 hours as a sort of trial-run, and all I learned was that I have a serious addiction to caffeine after going through those withdrawal symptoms

It's good that you're more interested in the autophagy/detox benefits, because weight lost from fasting generally comes back just as fast as you lost it (unless you're obese prior to starting) which can lead to some pretty unhealthy relationships with "diet"/nutrition

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    how hard is it to get to that level of fasting and are you also physically active during your fasting?
    It's more mind over matter, day 1 hunger was pretty intense, day 2 a little less, now on day 3 it's been alright, apparently day 4+ is when everything becomes a lot easier as your body no longer sends out hunger signals. I'd definitely look into getting that book though, I read the book same day I got it. My wife was even surprised as I'm not a reader

His book gives different fasting protocols, recipes and a lot of explanations plus even real world examples from patients

You can be physically active yes, when fasting your body releases HGH so there's benefits if you're lifting weights

Quote Originally Posted by klumsy_tumbler View Post
    Did you get any "keto flu"-like symptoms? I recently did 72 hours as a sort of trial-run, and all I learned was that I have a serious addiction to caffeine after going through those withdrawal symptoms

It's good that you're more interested in the autophagy/detox benefits, because weight lost from fasting generally comes back just as fast as you lost it (unless you're obese prior to starting) which can lead to some pretty unhealthy relationships with "diet"/nutrition
    No keto flu for me, I'm normally a fairly low carb person anyways, the only time I have ever had keto flu was the first time I did keto
    You can still drink coffee/tea with fasting
    Last edited by adam c; 08-07-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    NC1

Before Name:  28E17B8E-8137-41F0-A305-5B8F188A8061.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  44.3 KB
    Current Name:  4772339A-EE7E-4091-8D1F-7D2F614E1112.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  20.4 KB

They call me skinny but my fat don’t cry when it’s hot out

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Oh shiet, now Beyond gets a taste of what all them sugar babies get

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Before Name:  28E17B8E-8137-41F0-A305-5B8F188A8061.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  44.3 KB
    Current Name:  4772339A-EE7E-4091-8D1F-7D2F614E1112.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  20.4 KB

They call me skinny but my fat don’t cry when it’s hot out
    30 lbs difference?

Reviving this thread because I want to share my experience with intermittent fasting.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a pretty big fella. I wasn't always like this but being young and doing extremely physical work (swing sledge hammers all day on semi truck wheels etc) and going to the gym in the evenings, I was able to consume probably thousands of calories a day without issue, but I ended up wrecking my back and couldn't do the same work anymore and moved into sales and management, so no more extra physical work but still used to eating like a horse. Ended up heavy and depressed about the whole thing compounding things over the years making everything worse.

At the beginning of June this year I climbed on the scale for the first time in years and hit 322lbs at 6" tall. My knees and ankles always hurting and my back was worse than ever. I had enough and decided I could wait anymore if I wanted to make it more than another 10 years at most. I decided to simply cut back on carbs dramatically and moved to a much more plant based diet. I am a carnivore through and through and eat meat with almost every single meal and now have scaled back to probably only eating meat a few times a week and have been getting my fats more from avocados, nuts, olives and preparing food with olive oils etc. Basically my goal was to eat more whole foods and avoid processed sugars and flours etc. I was still eating on my normal schedule though basically eating breakfast, snacking on raw veggies and such through the day and eating a normal dinner.

It was working slowly, but working none-the-less. From the beginning of June until the beginning of Sept I was down about 10lbs. Even though the weight loss wasn't dramatic, I was definitely feeling a lot better and I was pleased and planned on keeping it up!

Now a couple days into September a client of mine came in who was always a really hefty fellow and he had lost a large amount of weight so I asked him what he was doing and he brought up intermittent fasting. I never really looked into it before because I always thought of fasting as something that would throw your body into fat storage mode which is something I obviously want to avoid, but listening to him talk about it I did a bit of research on it and decided to give it a try. I went the method of eating all my calories within an 8 hour window (noon until 8:00pm) and fasting for 16 hours, consuming nothing but water, straight black coffee and tea during that time, but otherwise eating all the same foods and amounts as I was all summer. I thought it was going to be a difficult transition but to my happy surprise it was incredibly easy! I thought I was going to be cloudy all morning but I actually seem to have more energy in the mornings than I have ever had and I feel way better all day long. There was virtually no difficult transition time what-so-ever. I thought "Awesome! Lets see how I do with this!".

Move ahead now to November 1st, almost 2 full months after moving to IF I weighed myself this morning and I am 273lbs! Not just the weight loss, but my belt is now down 3 notches from where I have been forever! I can't believe the difference just changing the time frame I am eating in has had such a dramatic effect. The initial 3 months of eating well I lost 10lbs, but the last two months combining the same diet with IF and I have lost an additional 39lbs! I am feeling great and have no inkling of wanting to quit or cheat at all. This is huge for me because I am a big stress eater and I have made it through the busiest, most stressful month of the year at work without a blip. I still have a long way to go but for the first time in my life of trying to control my weight I feel like I have found what works and what I can stick with. Pretty awesome!

Anyways, I just wanted to share this as there may be other here who are battling the same issues and are thinking about doing the same thing. All I can say it it is working wonders for me and you should give it a go. It is changing my life! I feel better at 48 years old than I have since my late 20's/early 30's! No time like the present...
    Last edited by tirebob; 11-01-2018 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

killer. well done bob

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I have nothing of value to add other than congratulations on the improved health!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Great writeup @tirebob and thanks for sharing.

Question: Did you notice any psychological changes? i.e Were you able to think more clearly..?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well done Bob. Just make sure you don't yo-yo, which is the biggest issue. Long term progress is way better than if you lost 50 pounds in a short period of time, think you did really well, then fall off the wagon a bit and then gain back 25. This happens so fucking often because people usually want results fast and go to the extreme until they can't handle it anymore and think they deserve "cheat days" or whatever.

Good luck, and keep it up!

My Ride
    NC1

Great job bob!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    06 S2000

Good job, Boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast