Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I"m out of bed at 6:20AM 7 days a week too. I know not everyone has that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I"m out of bed at 6:20AM 7 days a week too. I know not everyone has that happening.
    I'm up at 5am, usually in bed by 10pm (ideally). I preferred a window of 11-7. I hate going to bed hungry, but I don't mind the mornings hungry. I use it as rage fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I actually find going to bed hungry kind of mentally satisfying. It's like physical proof that I had an "on-track" day.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If it wasn’t working... I would lean toward you guys being in too good of shape for an 8hr window to be helpful. It’s not a magic bullet to become ripped. You can either be lazy and do a 6hr window and maintain “trim” or use it in conjunction to working out and eating clean to be “fit”. I dropped over 30lbs in the first 3 months or so on a 6hr window, and have been in the mid 180s since. I do not work out often, I eat like shit, drink lots of beer, will never have a 6 pack, yet with all of this I still have some definition to my flat stomach, and have maintained it for close to a year now. The other key component is when you start your metabolism also. Anything besides water will start the clock, even black coffee. If you are doing this more than (ideally 9hrs) 12hrs before your final meal then your metabolism has already started to slow down before your body even starts to process that food

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    It’s not a magic bullet to become ripped.
    Eating less won't give you more muscles lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I never eat breakfast and the last thing I eat is usually around 8 pm. So from 8 pm to around 4:30 pm every weekday (20.5 hours) is what my eating schedule looks like. Then on the weekend, I eat whenever I want.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Up every day at 6. First meal is at noon. Last meal is at 7:50. Coffee makes it all good

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The other key component is when you start your metabolism also. Anything besides water will start the clock, even black coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Up every day at 6. First meal is at noon. Last meal is at 7:50. Coffee makes it all good
    So there's a huge variation in opinion in this thread about coffee. And I'm certainly not educated on it. Does anyone have like actual research on black coffee and it's effect on the metabolism or hormones or digestive enzymes or whatever the hell else beneficial is happening here? I'm a coffee guy now, but I could adjust my timing if it was gong to help.

My Ride

So there's a huge variation in opinion in this thread about coffee. And I'm certainly not educated on it. Does anyone have like actual research on black coffee and it's effect on the metabolism or hormones or digestive enzymes or whatever the hell else beneficial is happening here? I'm a coffee guy now, but I could adjust my timing if it was gong to help.
    https://greatist.com/eat/does-coffee...ermittent-fast

https://leangains.com/the-leangains-guide/

"No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (½-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most – use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g)."

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

My opinion is A790 is waaaaaay more active and clean eating than I am and does not need to completely optimize his metabolism

The podcast to JRE with Dr. Patrick has been posted enough. She is one of the leading experts on this and my “opinion” is her research findings

Circadian rhythm... anything that needs to be processed by the liver starts the clock. Linked to metabolism, optimization is a 9hr window, drastically drops off outside of 12hrs. Different than fasting, but linked due to the effects on metabolism. Liver vs digestive system
    Last edited by ercchry; 03-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride

My opinion is A790 is waaaaaay more active and clean eating than I am and does not need to completely optimize his metabolism

The podcast to JRE with Dr. Patrick has been posted enough. She is one of the leading experts on this and my “opinion” is her research findings

Circadian rhythm... anything that needs to be processed by the liver starts the clock. Linked to metabolism, optimization is a 9hr window, drastically drops off outside of 12hrs. Different than fasting, but linked due to the effects on metabolism. Liver vs digestive system
    I won't claim to be an expert here. My experience is obviously just my experience.

I've been able to maintain good body comp with:
    + Gym every other day
    + Cardio every other day (20-30 minutes, steady state, mild/moderate exertion).
    + IF w/ 2 coffees in the morning

I eat clean 90% of the time. Seems to work well for me.

No scientific background other than my personal observations on this matter, but I drink coffee like a motherfucker during my fast times and I have no issues at all losing lots of weight.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    No scientific background other than my personal observations on this matter, but I drink coffee like a motherfucker during my fast times and I have no issues at all losing lots of weight.
    If we are going on results alone, I'd follow anything that you and Cam agreed on. You two are studs.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Any of you guys on IF noticing you're getting sick easier/for longer periods of time?

I've been noticing this even though my energy levels have improved vs non IF
    Last edited by A2VR6; 03-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

What if your diet just consists of never being hungry and eating enough to keep a mouse happy?

If I drink any type of coffee in the morning my guts instantly hate me and I'll be spending the first hour in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Any of you guys on IF noticing you're getting sick easier/for longer periods of time?

I have not noticed any issues, although I rarely get sick... Maybe a cold every few years. I haven't had the flu since the 90's. I just finished getting over a chest cold last month that I am pretty sure I caught from flying (I hate being on planes with sick people! lol!) but it lasted just a few days of real sick with maybe 2 weeks of a lingering cough.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post

I rarely get sick and have been doing the IF thing for almost a decade (well, ever since the Leangains post first came out).

For me it’s quite the opposite, I’ve been on IF for about a year now and it seems like I get sick less often and when I do I recover a lot quicker. I also notice that my flare ups from bursitis on my knee and gout has decreased significantly. Weight wise I didn’t have a lot to loose to begin with but I can tell that my midsection is smaller. I’m on the 16:8 and based on what I have read, the results I’m getting is on par with others on the 16:8. A coworker does full day fasts 2-3 times a week but she is doing it for weight loss and her results show.

My Ride
    changes every year

Well I've gained a belly. I dont eant it, but the winter hasn't been good to me, as it made me lazy as fuck.

I am thinking about doing this. I've never changed my diet, ever. I dont drink coffee, I do drink iced capps 3 to 4 days a week, I know I have to cut that shit out. I usually have a bowl of (bad for you) cereal at 5am before work, banana and yogurt around 930 and average lunch, ie: sandwiches, granola bars etc..and I dunno, regular dinner between 5 and 6pm.

So for a 200lb guy looking to trim it up by trying IF, where would I start?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Well I've gained a belly. I dont eant it, but the winter hasn't been good to me, as it made me lazy as fuck.

I am thinking about doing this. I've never changed my diet, ever. I dont drink coffee, I do drink iced capps 3 to 4 days a week, I know I have to cut that shit out. I usually have a bowl of (bad for you) cereal at 5am before work, banana and yogurt around 930 and average lunch, ie: sandwiches, granola bars etc..and I dunno, regular dinner between 5 and 6pm.

So for a 200lb guy looking to trim it up by trying IF, where would I start?
    1) Learn the basics of nutrition.

2) Read the Leangains post about IF

3) Follow it.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast