Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    for me, I bike faster in the morning after a cup of coffee and empty stomach.
    heading home in the afternoon, I feel sluggish after eating (best if I wait an hour), usually facing a lot of headwind so maybe another reason why it's harder for me.
    Ditto... but also way more uphill on the way home haha, close to 50m difference according to Strava

Reading back through this thread makes it seem like I should be dead. I've never followed any diet regimen and really don't have any set eating patterns. I don't work out although I have a somewhat physical job. My weight hasn't varied by more than 8kg over the past 20 years though my previous GP said I was borderline obese, 181cm and 93-97kg. Sleep, about 5-6 hours a night.

So all things considered, how am I still alive because it sure sounds like I shouldn't be. Have never smoked, that's probably a bonus, haven't done any recreational drugs in over 20 years and lucky if I have one drink in a month. Still borderline obese though.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Reading back through this thread makes it seem like I should be dead. I've never followed any diet regimen and really don't have any set eating patterns. I don't work out although I have a somewhat physical job. My weight hasn't varied by more than 8kg over the past 20 years though my previous GP said I was borderline obese, 181cm and 93-97kg. Sleep, about 5-6 hours a night.

So all things considered, how am I still alive because it sure sounds like I shouldn't be. Have never smoked, that's probably a bonus, haven't done any recreational drugs in over 20 years and lucky if I have one drink in a month. Still borderline obese though.
    Ok.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post

Pretty simple actually.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

One caution I will say, I've been doing it just about 13 months now. Lost ~30lbs overall but more importantly didn't have the usual 10-15 lb swing that I get from summer to winter and vice versa. I got lax in my tracking and started to just 'go' with how it felt. I didn't eat breakfast much, would usually do 20:4 during the week. Nothing on weekends. However I am not sure what happened but I put 7 lbs back on. Granted not nearly as bad as normal swing but I think what I thought I was doing and what I was actually doing were quite different. So I don't know if maybe I went too far and my body went into survival mode or if my idea of 20:4 was actually more like 10:14. Either way I'm back onto 16:8 schedule and tracking it. Already seeing and feeling improvements.
    Cos...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    One caution I will say, I've been doing it just about 13 months now. Lost ~30lbs overall but more importantly didn't have the usual 10-15 lb swing that I get from summer to winter and vice versa. I got lax in my tracking and started to just 'go' with how it felt. I didn't eat breakfast much, would usually do 20:4 during the week. Nothing on weekends. However I am not sure what happened but I put 7 lbs back on. Granted not nearly as bad as normal swing but I think what I thought I was doing and what I was actually doing were quite different. So I don't know if maybe I went too far and my body went into survival mode or if my idea of 20:4 was actually more like 10:14. Either way I'm back onto 16:8 schedule and tracking it. Already seeing and feeling improvements.
    Maybe in your 20:4 you end up eating more than when you were doing 16:8? Best to track it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    I think what I thought I was doing and what I was actually doing were quite different.
    This right here. No matter what your goals are, if you aren't tracking it and paying attention to it, you are not doing as good as you think you are.

Read "thinking fast and slow" if you want to learn more about the unconscious decisions that you make thousands of times a day, that are almost all focused on finding the least effort solution.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 11-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

IF is not a license to blow your caloric budget. A few people I know have fallen into that line of thinking.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    IF is not a license to blow your caloric budget. A few people I know have fallen into that line of thinking.
    Yeah, I use it as the easiest way to reduce my calories, and I find it really successful at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Two weird things:

1. Corona anxiety has almost eliminated my appetite. I can't usually force food down until about 2pm nowadays. So now I guess I'm IM?
    2. I randomly stopped drinking coffee last wednesday. For no reason at all. lol

*Update*

So as discussed in many other threads from metal health, recipe section etc, covid really beat the shit out of me and my diet. I first had a hard time getting consistent fresh food and started sliding down the road of buying shit that could stay in the cupboard longer term so we could shop much less often, which meant loads of carbs and refined foods. The depression hit, drinking far too much, eating outside of my intermittent fasting times for comfort, etc etc all led me down a bad path and I gained back a good 30lbs over the first 3 months of covid of the 90lbs I had lost.

I finally kicked my own ass and first stopped drinking period (been 2 months stone cold sober other than a bit of wine in cooking recipes) and then about about 6 weeks ago cut out the shitty carbs again and started eating heavily on the greens and meats again, going back to a primarily whole food diet. I am back down 15lbs of those 30lbs I gained back and still heading in the right direction!. Back to feeling good!

How is everyone else doing with this these days?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’m starting to feel a little squishy for sure... not biking as much as I’d like thanks to all this rain and zero need to go anywhere doesn’t help... my eating window has been lax for a while now but yesterday I decided I should probably pay attention to it again... haven’t cut anything out but made the conscious decision to not pour more wine after 8pm... fucking tough I tell ya!

Today I hit my window perfect, let’s see how that ends... went shopping for some real food yesterday so have some steaks in the sous vide and doing a full balanced, fresh meal, still have a potato in the works, but probably not as bad as the pizza and pastas that have dominated the menu lately

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I’m starting to feel a little squishy for sure... not biking as much as I’d like thanks to all this rain and zero need to go anywhere doesn’t help... my eating window has been lax for a while now but yesterday I decided I should probably pay attention to it again... haven’t cut anything out but made the conscious decision to not pour more wine after 8pm... fucking tough I tell ya!

Today I hit my window perfect, let’s see how that ends... went shopping for some real food yesterday so have some steaks in the sous vide and doing a full balanced, fresh meal, still have a potato in the works, but probably not as bad as the pizza and pastas that have dominated the menu lately
    I am missing the scotch and wine like a motherfucker! I am not taking a permanent vacation from it. Just trying to keep clean and stay on track for a good long while and keep some promises to myself!

My Ride

Gained 15 at my peak, down 8. Sitting at 198 right now.

Lots of beer. LOTS of beer.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I've gotten a little more squishy, but I am actually down 10lbs before I stopped going to the office. I'm hovering at 164 now.

Definitely atrophy happening. Haven't been on the bike much either due to the rain.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Gained 15 at my peak, down 8. Sitting at 198 right now.

Lots of beer. LOTS of beer.
    Ya this time of year, let alone COVID, it's too easy to drink everyday.

I'm definitely not IF properly everyday. Maybe 1-2 times per week which isn't doing anything.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Probably less drinking this week than most years... so at least there is that! Much easier on the wallet too

My Ride
    rally pig

still doing IMF 80% of the time, 6-8hours fasting window.

don't want to weight myself yet but so far my working clothes still fits well including my size 34 pants so at least I've been maintaining my size.
    only workout I do is my biking which is almost every day.

I bulked to 225 over winter with the goal to begin my cut in March. Covid kind of pushed that all, but i was happy to tip the scales at 210 this morning. Still would like to lose another 5-10 and really lean out, so i am trying to IF as much as possible but it is so tough with patio season upon us. No problems not eating until noon, but kind of useless when i am out till midnight.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    I bulked to 225 over winter with the goal to begin my cut in March. Covid kind of pushed that all, but i was happy to tip the scales at 210 this morning. Still would like to lose another 5-10 and really lean out, so i am trying to IF as much as possible but it is so tough with patio season upon us. No problems not eating until noon, but kind of useless when i am out till midnight.
    I "dynamically" adjsut my schedule and it's easy to do.

So you ate until 11 pm? K, so don't have lunch till 3. Then finish at 8. Boom. You've had a 16-hour window and you're back on track.

For a while, I adjusted my window to be 2-10 because I like to get stoned on Friday nights, eat Sam's Chinese food, and play video games.

Ez-pz.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast