Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 346

Thread: Intermittent fasting

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't fathom just drinking water from wake-up at 5:30am to 5pm. My god lol. And then eat basically 2 meals, one at 5 and another say 7/8?
    Coffee coffee coffee... I also am doing a 6 pm to 10 am and it seems pretty easy so far. Up at 5:30 every day

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Couple questions for you guys that have had success with intermittent fasting:

    1) How many calories are you guys eating? Im having troubles hitting my macros in the 8 hr window. I was eating ~ 3200 calories before i started intermittent fasting this week
    2) Black coffee so it doesnt count as " eating" (i.e- calories from sugar, cream..) or is it just a wash?

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,116
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Dr Patrick said that black coffee breaks your fast. It activates enzymes in your stomach that just drinking strictly water does not.

    Recommend watching it all, but look at 12:20 specifically for the bit on coffee. (I know she has been posted already, but this is where i knew exactly where she said it)

    Last edited by beyond_ban; 01-23-2019 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,313
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    She has another interview on the zero app, coffee doesn’t break the fast... but it does start your circadian clock

    Also... fuck this app. Since downloading it I can’t help but try and hit a high score

    1EF9819E-131D-49A6-80D5-890230F3DFFD.jpg

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    YVR
    Posts
    4,957
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    What app is that? Lol, that will totally work for me. I'm all for high scores too.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    V8’s
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Thatís funny, I tried beating my previous fasts too!

    Itís called Zero and I like how simple it is. Iím inching my way to doing 17/7.

    89CD562D-F8F8-4740-B05B-47BF573AB19D.jpg

  7. #207
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    847
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on what your eating when you do get hungry and what you eat for the rest of the day.

    I'm on a warrior type diet, where I don't typically eat until 5pm. But from 5pm - 11pm I'll crush a ton of food. I can lose about 5lbs/week with this diet + exercise at 5'10" and 198lbs (on heavier side right now). Target is 175lbs in 4 weeks and being shredded. I'll update how it goes.
    One week in, down 5lbs and should be on target to hit 175lbs in 3 weeks. Maintaining the 6 hour window with no problems. I do cheat with coffee in the AM as I add cream and sugar. 6/7 days in the gym which equated to about 4 hours of cardio and 8 hours of weight training.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Post before and after pics. To help others with motivation or to simply show off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    1,773
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Post before and after pics. To help others with motivation or to simply show off lol
    And make sure the towel bar is clearly visible?

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Post before and after pics. To help others with motivation or to simply show off lol
    I would post pics, but you all would be like "eeewwwww"! Lol! Losing weight and feeling better, but shit sure ain't pretty!
    Bob Blakeborough

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Just checking in and reporting on my continued journey with IF...

    So since my last report back in early Jan I have been sticking with my noon until 8:00pm eating schedule quote strictly other than maybe a couple nights when entertaining or playing cards etc where I might have had a few drinks and a bit of snacking after those times. I also have settled into eating just a little bit more loosely where I am slowly tapering back into my diet a few things here and there that are a little less strict, but still better options than I would have eaten previously. Those are things like the odd once in a while using a whole wheat flour made wrap rather than eating the ingredients only as a salad, or having a burger when taking my kid out for lunch, but having salad rather than fries and water for a drink. I have been using a rue of not more than 3 cheat meals like this in a week and when I do, eat super clean for a couple days after.

    It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!

    There is no doubt though that my weight loss has slowed up, but I am still losing. This morning I climbed on the scale and am super happy to report that I am down to 242lbs, which is an 80lb drop since starting! I am really feeling great! Thanks for letting me brag a bit... I really helps feeling like I would be not only letting myself down if I was to fail, but that I would also have to answer to others. It does help keep me on track, although it is getting easier and easier every month as I am seeing more and more success.
    Bob Blakeborough

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,240
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checking in and reporting on my continued journey with IF...

    So since my last report back in early Jan I have been sticking with my noon until 8:00pm eating schedule quote strictly other than maybe a couple nights when entertaining or playing cards etc where I might have had a few drinks and a bit of snacking after those times. I also have settled into eating just a little bit more loosely where I am slowly tapering back into my diet a few things here and there that are a little less strict, but still better options than I would have eaten previously. Those are things like the odd once in a while using a whole wheat flour made wrap rather than eating the ingredients only as a salad, or having a burger when taking my kid out for lunch, but having salad rather than fries and water for a drink. I have been using a rue of not more than 3 cheat meals like this in a week and when I do, eat super clean for a couple days after.

    It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!

    There is no doubt though that my weight loss has slowed up, but I am still losing. This morning I climbed on the scale and am super happy to report that I am down to 242lbs, which is an 80lb drop since starting! I am really feeling great! Thanks for letting me brag a bit... I really helps feeling like I would be not only letting myself down if I was to fail, but that I would also have to answer to others. It does help keep me on track, although it is getting easier and easier every month as I am seeing more and more success.
    Atta boy. When you finally quote me on winter tires and I visit you in the shop, I'm looking forward to chating more about it

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,918
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checking in and reporting on my continued journey with IF...

    So since my last report back in early Jan I have been sticking with my noon until 8:00pm eating schedule quote strictly other than maybe a couple nights when entertaining or playing cards etc where I might have had a few drinks and a bit of snacking after those times. I also have settled into eating just a little bit more loosely where I am slowly tapering back into my diet a few things here and there that are a little less strict, but still better options than I would have eaten previously. Those are things like the odd once in a while using a whole wheat flour made wrap rather than eating the ingredients only as a salad, or having a burger when taking my kid out for lunch, but having salad rather than fries and water for a drink. I have been using a rue of not more than 3 cheat meals like this in a week and when I do, eat super clean for a couple days after.

    It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!

    There is no doubt though that my weight loss has slowed up, but I am still losing. This morning I climbed on the scale and am super happy to report that I am down to 242lbs, which is an 80lb drop since starting! I am really feeling great! Thanks for letting me brag a bit... I really helps feeling like I would be not only letting myself down if I was to fail, but that I would also have to answer to others. It does help keep me on track, although it is getting easier and easier every month as I am seeing more and more success.
    Well done, you're lighter than me now by a pound!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    EVOX
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!
    This is usually the hardest and honestly the best part about what you are doing because once it becomes a lifestyle the results stay consistent. Keep up the awesome work!
    IG // scboss
    Youtube // SteveChambersXP

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad this is such a safe space full of support and encouragement.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone here tried doing a morning window (8am to 3pm) like the article mentions?

    I did IF last spring/summer for 3 months pretty religiously. Calories tracked the entire time. No other changes in lifestyle. Saw nearly no results. Felt the same.
    Web developer - Hot wing eater - Beer drinker - YYC Deals addict.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,774
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone here tried doing a morning window (8am to 3pm) like the article mentions?

    I did IF last spring/summer for 3 months pretty religiously. Calories tracked the entire time. No other changes in lifestyle. Saw nearly no results. Felt the same.
    I had similar results. I was already calorie tracking, and lost via that method. I tried to incorporate IF, and did it for ~3 months, and saw zero results. No increased fat loss, no blasting through plateaus or anything. I'd just eat a fuck ton of food as soon as my window started.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    1,773
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had similar results. I was already calorie tracking, and lost via that method. I tried to incorporate IF, and did it for ~3 months, and saw zero results. No increased fat loss, no blasting through plateaus or anything. I'd just eat a fuck ton of food as soon as my window started.
    Pretty much. And then as the window closes, cram in more calories because that's still technically IF

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone here tried doing a morning window (8am to 3pm) like the article mentions?
    It makes a lot of sense to me. I know I don't sleep well on a full stomach, so I need to be done eating three hours before I go to bed.
    If I was sticking to a plan, it would be something like 10am to 6pm eating window. A meal on each end, so I'm not snacking.

    When I stick to that, I do well, and I still get to eat supper with my family, which is a bonus.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 03-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad this is such a safe space full of support and encouragement.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It makes a lot of sense to me. I know I don't sleep well on a full stomach, so I need to be done eating three hours before I go to bed.
    If I was sticking to a plan, it would be something like 10am to 6pm eating window. A meal on each end, so I'm not snacking.

    When I stick to that, I do well, and I still get to eat supper with my family, which is a bonus.
    If I lived in town I would be doing 10:00am to 6:00pm as well. I too dislike going to bed full at all. I do noon until 8:00pm though because I often don't get to leave work until 6:00pm and I have a 50 to 60 minute drive home so getting home between 6:00pm and 7:00pm means I don't have to rush through a meal and I still have some time to digest before bed.
    Bob Blakeborough

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. intermittent squealing when turning

    By rockanrepublic in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 10-10-2009, 01:29 PM
  3. Car wont start, very intermittent

    By Thaco in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
  4. Intermittent air fan operation 318i BMW

    By BigJ in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
  5. intermittent wipers on 2000 windstar

    By user in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 12-01-2003, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •