Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    a tank

not sure if this helps the thread at all, but i know of a great pastor at a church who would fast regularly and from his experience, he would usually fast between 7-14 days, he says the first 7 days is really just a detox period, real hunger dont set in until after 7 days. he would only drink lemonade, honey and maple syrup to sustain him. he even goes work out during fast, and he looks super fit. he felt so good and gets a clear mind to focus on God that he doesnt want to stop.

and here i am, cant even do 30 hours lol.

nothing to do with fasting but what worked for me was when i first moved in my new home, i had a really ugly couch and my wife hate it so much that we had to push it into hiding and so many nights i would just stand watching tv. i lost over 10 lbs that few months and couldnt understand how and where as I did not change my diet , then last year we finally bought the couch of our dreams, and i regain the 10 lbs so fast it was not funny.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...=1000413186315

Listen to #11 a LOT of great information here

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are the best bro. You went from a white man Biggie Smalls to this GQ slick macking sauve Diddy.

This thread needs pics of before and after on IF
    You're too kind - If only!

Anyone know how many calories in a small bowl of pho (rare beef only) with some bean sprouts? Quick google search shows some wild variations. News sites show 350 to 650. Then there's some bodybuilding forms that say a large bowl is 1000 plus.

I'm on a 600 calorie day and figure out if I can just portion out a large bowl of pho for the day. I've found soup to be by far the most filling food on fasting days.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Just started IF this week. Doing a 12-8 window. So far no real issues. Was pretty starving after my 8pm workout though.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Anyone know how many calories in a small bowl of pho (rare beef only) with some bean sprouts? Quick google search shows some wild variations. News sites show 350 to 650. Then there's some bodybuilding forms that say a large bowl is 1000 plus.

I'm on a 600 calorie day and figure out if I can just portion out a large bowl of pho for the day. I've found soup to be by far the most filling food on fasting days.
    Depends on the size and amount of beef.
    In SE Asia, I ate about once a day. The bowl sizes were not big, there was not much meat at all. I defo was not not getting 1500 Calories a day. I lost a shit ton of weight..
    I would say the bowls were around 600 calories. In terms of meat portions.. when I got back I found Canadian portions too big. Half that and maybe a little less. That might give you a idea... thats the bench mark I use now.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

So apparently i have been doing intermittent fasting since i was in high school (185-190lbs) and never knew it. I usually don't eat until 2-3pm and have my last meal/snack around 8 pm, i've always kind of had the same eating habits. Currently 212lbs but that just due to me being a lazy fuck the last couple of years and not having any sort of activity.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Been on IF since the early part of this year and I'm enjoying it. It's super easy to stick with and mornings are carefree, I don't have pack a breakfast or settle for a shitty fastfood sandwich or anything. My eating window is about 12-8pm, I try and eat moderately well and healthy as long as my overall caloric intake is less than 2000. I'm not hardcore with it, but I would like to cut out sugar/grains entirely, but it's hard lol
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Just started it this week (as in, two days ago).. trying to behave on what i eat as well as want to lose some poundage prior to my tri.

Question. Do you have to be consistent with your window? I've been doing 10-6, but probably going to have to eat later today so push the fast till like noon tomorrow.. Or is it better to just skip a day and restart on fri.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

The idea is to maintain the 16+ hr fasts.
    Example:
    Day 1: 10am-6pm eat
    Day 2: 12pm-8pm eat
    Day 3: 2pm-10pm eat

To get back to being able to eat at 10am, you might have to cut an eating window short:
    Day 4: 2pm-6pm eat
    Day 5: back to 10am-6pm eat.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

No issue at all, I push my eating window for the weekends. 1-8pm eating window on weekdays, 4-12 on weekends and then on sunday 4-9 to reset for the week.

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i find a day or two of eating "normal" is a good reset and makes for way more satisfying shits

According to doctors that work with cancer, Berg Dagastiono and so on, a fast needs to be a zero caloric fast of at least 36 hours to cause the desirable metabilic changes.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 07-04-2018 at 04:40 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    According to doctors that work with cancer, Berg Dagastiono and so on, a gast needs to be a zero caloric fast of at least 36 hours to cause the desirable metabilic changes.
    according to my scale... 18hrs works great

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    according to my scale... 18hrs works great
    they are looking for changes in hormones and metabolism, and specific reposnse from the body, not jsut caloric reduction from eating less.

before certain surgerys and chemo some are suggesing 72 hour fasts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4102383/

Dagastnino suggests 36 hours 3 to 4 times a month.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I think I posted this before somewhere.
    A couple of years back a friend invited me to a lecture given by a scientist downtown. He was one of the advisors to the Clinton administration.
    The lecture was about water fasting (drinking only water).

The talk was about the benefits of fasting, the effects on the body and how the body starts to clear itself of the toxins. What I can remember from memory was that water fasting is quite healthy. He went into the science of it, powerpoints, references etc.

After a while... the body starts to expel a lot of crap from the body. The lecturer described that it does not just happen in a twelve hour fast. He talked about a seven day fast or a three day fast.
    He warned about its best to slowly build up to it. ie start with a 12 hour fast, then two days, three days etc. But make sure you are around someone so they can keep an eye on you. The other side of the spectrum he mentioned that to break the fast should be done with something like a light soup (not a heavy steak etc).

He also talked about being sweating in a sauna having a similar effect. By that, he meant the oily type of sweat you get after being in there after forty minutes or an hour. Not the initial sweat.

He mentioned he had read through lots of academic papers and going through evidence-based research. He strongly advised against just googling information. He found that there was a lot of crap and miss information out there.

I wish I could recall his name, it was such an interesting insight from a science professor.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

This is good. I tried IF and it is much more accommodating than say keto. You can adjust your window and still be able to fit in meals with your family or loved ones. You can be flexible with what you eat. With keto if your wife or visiting grandma cooked you a nice pasta dish and you tell them no go you are on keto that is not really a good thing. Might try 10-6 again with adjustments to allow for social life. Also will squeeze in a couple longer ones.

I guess research that say breakfast is the most important meal is not 100% true!

My friend and I heard about IF through the Joe Rogan podcast with GSP. I started doing some reading on it while my friend started right away doing the 20/4. Last time we spoke he is still on it and had one cheat day, he said he feels better, healthier and lost some weight as well. His lifestyle makes it so the 20/4 works for him. Tomorrow will be my 7th day on the 16/8, so far so good, and currently considering going to 18/6 in August. I’m doing it for the health benefits not really for weight loss, I am in my late 30’s and IF seems like a good idea, also like the discipline involved. I use Zero to track my window.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Ive been trying it lately with the Fiance, Im eating between 9 and 5.. im STARVING by 9am but try and eat as much as possible (good foods) during those 8hrs.

Crazy how popular IF has been in just the past 5 years or so. Is anyone actually on the 5 & 2 diet? It's been working well for me but seems like everyone is on the 16/8 or 18/6 window. 5 & 2 was difficult the first week or so but I've really learned to control my hunger in a short amount of time. Not planning any full day(s) fast at the moment but I feel I have controlled my hunger to the point that I can probably do it.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast