Quantcast
Red light camera got me when I didn't run red light. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red light camera got me when I didn't run red light.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

It really should be 60km/hr until after you get across the bridge into downtown. I also like how the City all of sudden had a whole bunch of cash to replace all the camera hardware after they brought in speed-on-green last year. The one by the north end BP's gets a lot of people too.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Haha yup, my buddy got hit at the BP’s one last month. 74 in 60, I think he said around $140?? I’d have to ask again.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Sdeibert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha yup, my buddy got hit at the BP’s one last month. 74 in 60, I think he said around $140?? I’d have to ask again.
    My condolences. lol. At least no demerits and now he knows there's a camera there.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    6.2L V8

yeah they get me too all the damn time it says I'm speeding but I wasn't speeding.

My Ride
    something green

A week ago, they were double dipping on Anderson.. A photo radar ford Explorer parked around the bend about 300 feet before the red light camera at Acadia.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

They should dump the silly-ass mobile photo radar as they are making a killing off the ISCs.

The ISCs, for all the $$$ they are making, are actually getting people to slow down, IN THAT AREA, which was one of the pluses (other was to make $$$).

The accident stats I saw did show a drop in the more dangerous, right angle collisions, and an increase in the less dangerous, rear end collisions (which is, another lesson for stupid people).

Really not a fan of that camera on southbound Gaetz there, it’s at the bottom of a long hill and now it creates a bottleneck during rush hour (Red Deer style) because the cars line up to turn left on to 55 St after the bridge and all the other people trying to merge over and cut in without speeding through that light.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by masoncgy View Post
    Really not a fan of that camera on southbound Gaetz there, it’s at the bottom of a long hill and now it creates a bottleneck during rush hour (Red Deer style) because the cars line up to turn left on to 55 St after the bridge and all the other people trying to merge over and cut in without speeding through that light.
    Yah it's a shitty thing to place a speed camera there after that hill. One of these days it will get me for speeding. The new cameras they have are very strange. I saw the Ross/30Ave cameras taking pics of nothing in the intersection. Just bright lights flashing over and over without anyone in the intersection. Not even anyone at the stop lines.

UPDATE TO THREAD: I got no ticket in the mail regarding the incident in the video.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Another camera to watch for! They are adding it to south bound traffic on Gaetz and 32nd. I know there was a red light but now it’s also gonna be speed. Noticed the other day they were adding the pole for speed measurement.

Gotta get those people in the far right lane who speed up to merge in before it ends at the ford dealership.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Sdeibert View Post
    Another camera to watch for! They are adding it to south bound traffic on Gaetz and 32nd. I know there was a red light but now it’s also gonna be speed. Noticed the other day they were adding the pole for speed measurement.

Gotta get those people in the far right lane who speed up to merge in before it ends at the ford dealership.
    Yah they want to convert all the cameras to speed/red light cams. I thought they were all done by now but I saw them working on the cam you speak of above today. Also, I use that far right lane all the time lol... not so much for speeding thru to beat traffic before the lane ends tho. I usually pull up to the stop line at a red light because there is usually absolutely no one in that lane haha.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2