Quantcast
I bought a Subaru, and don’t own a flat brim hat (Subaru forester xt build) - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I bought a Subaru, and don’t own a flat brim hat (Subaru forester xt build)

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Agreed, 7 spoke.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Im a sucker for 10+ spoke rims... Especially they look like OEM+ since they are similar to the BBS' that the STI's run.
    Last edited by A2VR6; 04-14-2020 at 02:09 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I prefer the twelve spoke wheels, especially on Subarus.

My Ride
    V8s

+2 for 12 spoke. I think they look way better on that car.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +2 for 12 spoke. I think they look way better on that car.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I prefer the 12, but only marginally more. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

My Ride
    rally pig

I prefer the 7 spoke myself, but maybe it is also the bronze color vs silver on a blue subaru.

As mentioned, both suit the car and look great so it is a win-win. That being said, i prefer the 12 spoke. More difficult to clean, but look lighter and less "clunky".

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

12 < 7.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Vote for 12 spoke. The other ones remind me of early-2000’s go-to wheel for the ricer Civic - Motegi MR7.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Small update, stock airbag looked like something out of the 80’s, and I wanted a central tach. I found a jdm forester cluster for $140 shipped, then paid $150 to have the odometer set to match the old cluster. I also found a guy selling a wrx steering wheel, so I grabbed that for the bag.

Old and busted:
    Name:  3A054B6B-1EC0-4121-A9EE-61B85670124F.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  83.6 KB

New hotness:
    Name:  959CEEA3-5F19-4803-905F-D1B9D4AA02D6.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  85.5 KB
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I finally started to de-sti my car. Previous owners plastered the car in sti and xti badges. The car is not an STi, so no need for false advertising. First to go was the xti badge on the grill, I had to cut out some excess plastic that was used to hold badges in. I still have a badge to remove from the rear (I need a forester badge), and when I swap the wheels there will be no more external signs. The only two that *should* remain are on the intercooler and the jdm cluster (because I wanted a central tach)

While I was in there, I also opted to swap the fog lights that a previous owner drilled into the rad support. In fairness it looks close to factory, but the metal is quite thin and it has more movement than I’d like. Rather than remove the old ones and be stuck with two holes that are very visible, I grabbed some Hellas from amazon and wired them in. I will likely never use them as I have the adjustable headlights, but I’m happy with how it turned out considering the alternative.

Name:  514F2069-D47F-4C88-94C8-2CA76F4C8048.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  67.7 KB

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Preview for next year, forged bbs goodness

Name:  D127BEA3-1838-457E-B26F-3A63D969665B.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  149.9 KB

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Well, sold this in October for about what I had into purchase price plus mods, thank god for covid because I drove it for the price of insurance and (lots of) gas. Timing couldn’t have been better, talk about a cluster fuck.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/cobb-l...rs-are-furious

Let’s go Brandon

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Yeah it's bad, real low blow to the tuning industry and I fear its gonna get worse before it gets better.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

On the other hand, cutting out cats and rolling coal seems unnecessary when modifying street cars, but I also wouldn’t be a fan if we had mandatory emissions testing on our vehicles.

Regarding flex fuel for E85, why is that such a no-no for emissions on Subaru’s or in general? Didn’t this trend start from factory engineered GM flex fuel vehicles which was brought in to save the environment?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    On the other hand, cutting out cats and rolling coal seems unnecessary when modifying street cars, but I also wouldn’t be a fan if we had mandatory emissions testing on our vehicles.

Regarding flex fuel for E85, why is that such a no-no for emissions on Subaru’s or in general? Didn’t this trend start from factory engineered GM flex fuel vehicles which was brought in to save the environment?
    There are a lot of open questions on what will be allowed by Cobb, some are questioning if turning up the boost last factory cut or upgrading turbo will be allowed. Add to that the dogshit efficiency the ej25 gets, and the number of “fixes” required to pass emissions from the factory you get an understanding for why the access port was so popular.

Prime example:
    TGV delete - factory tgv’s were prone to leaking, and were big money (over a grand?) to replace one bank. They were only there for cold start, and could be deleted with no performance effect on the car.
    Air pup - notorious fail point on the ej, and made a real mess of the engine bay with extra tubing required due to the boxer design. Expensive from the factory, no performance loss from deleting.
    Catted up pipe - early wrx’s had a cat before the turbo, imagine what fun that is when it breaks up, commonly deleted ite, as it wasn’t even used in 04+ cars

E85 is an interesting one, Cobb charged something like 700+usd for their sensor (silly given how many factory cars have them), and it tapped into the power signal from the bone stated tgv harness. Cobb had to drop these entirely, and aren’t offering customers refunds for their $700 paper weights which won’t be supported by future software updates which tuners HAVE to take (can’t tune without internet hook up and the update is auto-pushed).
    Last edited by finboy; 04-23-2022 at 07:37 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

This is why I tuned mine on opensource.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    There are a lot of open questions on what will be allowed by Cobb, some are questioning if turning up the boost last factory cut or upgrading turbo will be allowed. Add to that the dogshit efficiency the ej25 gets, and the number of “fixes” required to pass emissions from the factory you get an understanding for why the access port was so popular.

Prime example:
    TGV delete - factory tgv’s were prone to leaking, and were big money (over a grand?) to replace one bank. They were only there for cold start, and could be deleted with no performance effect on the car.
    Air pup - notorious fail point on the ej, and made a real mess of the engine bay with extra tubing required due to the boxer design. Expensive from the factory, no performance loss from deleting.
    Catted up pipe - early wrx’s had a cat before the turbo, imagine what fun that is when it breaks up, commonly deleted ite, as it wasn’t even used in 04+ cars

E85 is an interesting one, Cobb charged something like 700+usd for their sensor (silly given how many factory cars have them), and it tapped into the power signal from the bone stated tgv harness. Cobb had to drop these entirely, and aren’t offering customers refunds for their $700 paper weights which won’t be supported by future software updates which tuners HAVE to take (can’t tune without internet hook up and the update is auto-pushed).
    Catted Up pipe, wild, I wasn't aware this was a thing.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Catted Up pipe, wild, I wasn't aware this was a thing.
    When I worked on my Subaru I couldn’t help but think it was a car not limited by accountants, but rather by engineers who couldn’t cut it at Toyota/Honda and were quick to say “I *think* that will get it through warranty”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast