Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition

My Ride
    Lariat

Flames could look at guys like Smith-Pelley and Ryan Reeves as possible 4th line guys that would fill that role of checker, fighter, protector as well. Wouldn't mind seeing either of them in a Flames jersey, could probably get them cheaper than what Ferland wants
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Smith Pelley played quite well for the Caps in the playoffs. Bounced around a bit from teams to teams. Reaves is actually not a bad player. Years back when there were big heavyweights he was not as effective. Now that tough guys have to be able to play he showed he can play on the 4th line. He is also one of the tougher guys in the league.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferland to me is basically a smaller but slightly faster Oilers era Lucic. Plays well with top line, invisible anywhere else, but on a nice value contract. We’re still remembering Ferland as he was in the Vancouver playoff series, but that ship has sailed imo and he’s topped out where he is. Regardless, he’s UFA next year, and I feel like he’s going to have a big ask thanks to his numbers this year, and become an anchor contract like Lucic’s contract today.

It’s funny, before he spent a lot of time on the top line, I felt like he would be the magic sauce for Mony and Johnny and be epic, but he proved me wrong with just average play. Not sad to see him go. Maybe oilers will give him a $6x7 next year.
    When Ferland was on his game he was a treat to watch. But that was what, 10% of the time?

I was a fan but figured he was definitely gone come contract time anyway so oh well

mmhm, Interesting. was expecting P.Maroon to CGY

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Pretty good sum to pay. I assume quite a few teams wanted him including Nashville, LV. Would be a good guy to have if the price is reasonable. Team overall is still on the small, non gritty side.

I hated Maroon when we was with Anaheim and Edmonton but the guy has pretty good hands for a big guy and protects his teammates. Would out of Edmonton is that he is slow. Now as slow as Lucic though.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

James Neal!!

Gotta give kudos to Brad Treliving for completely revamping this roster with a big trade and a few key signings, not to mention a new coaching staff. I love it!
    Lineup predictions time!

Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
    Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
    Bennett - Jankowski - Czarnik
    Frolik - Ryan - Brouwer/Foo/Hathaway/Lazar

Giordano - Brodie
    Hanifin - Hamonic
    Kulak/Kylington - Andersson/Stone
    Prout

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Treliving might have saved his job. This has been a great off-season for Calgary on paper. Wonder who plays backup for Smith this year?

My Ride
    NC1

No job saving if the team doesn't make it out of the first round!

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

I'd love to see some great success this year but given history, I'd bet we are 30-40 games into the season and we're still be gonna be sitting saying there's a lot of new players, new coaching system, etc, give them time!! ...I hope I'm wrong though.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Treliving might have saved his job. This has been a great off-season for Calgary on paper. Wonder who plays backup for Smith this year?
    He's certainly given it his all. Hes definitely done a good job of taking the teams biggest weakness and turning it into a position of strength. Will it be enough though, especially if Smith gets injured again. Team pretty much needs to make the second round of the playoffs to save his job imo

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
    He's certainly given it his all. Hes definitely done a good job of taking the teams biggest weakness and turning it into a position of strength. Will it be enough though, especially if Smith gets injured again. Team pretty much needs to make the second round of the playoffs to save his job imo
    I 100% agree. I think these moves make that much more plausible. Goal tending is definitely still the question mark here.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

This franchise has fooled me many times over the past 10+ seasons with new/revamped rosters that are better then previous seasons on paper.

So much improved that we had "the best defensive depth in the league" twice and how did that turn out both times? Now people are saying the Flames have the best forward depth in the division/conference? hahhahah!

Until they start winning consistently they are a middling team that will win some and lose many. Not fooling me again in the summer prior to a new season.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And a better team in front of him takes a lot of pressure off the goalie. Score a little more, let fewer shots through. Play backup 20 games at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    14' 435i

Actually play Defense... will help alot !Ha

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This franchise has fooled me many times over the past 10+ seasons with new/revamped rosters that are better then previous seasons on paper.

So much improved that we had "the best defensive depth in the league" twice and how did that turn out both times? Now people are saying the Flames have the best forward depth in the division/conference? hahhahah!

Until they start winning consistently they are a middling team that will win some and lose many. Not fooling me again in the summer prior to a new season.
    My thoughts exactly lol... this isthe case with every team though, its the nature of hockey, too many variables where there's no control...

My Ride
    Lariat

Ditto. Too many factors to really detirmine where a team will end up based on the preseason rankings, trades, signings etc.

Vegas is the best example, ranked dead last going into last season. Ends up winning the division and going all the way to the cup final.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

In our division, I could see that... conference, highly doubt it

But that still doesn't translate to anything if the players don't mesh or take forever to hit their stride
    Sig nuked by mod.

Coaching is a major factor in how a team performs, so I'm glad Gulutzan and crew got canned.
    Verdict is still out on the new regime.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Well, if we're gonna be pessimistic lol, one could say Peters did dick all in Carolina...

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast