Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 971

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2018-2019 Edition

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, SW20 MR2
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Its frustrating to watch because Smith is giving it 120%, but everyone around him seems lost and uninterested.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its frustrating to watch because Smith is giving it 120%, but everyone around him seems lost and uninterested.
    I'd say Bennett, Magi, even Vali today showed up. Take Neal and Brodie out next game. Czar and Kylington in and see what some youngsters with energy will do.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Have we come back from being down 3-1 ever? I know we have given up a 3-1 lead lol

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Safe to say James Neal is no longer the real deal?
    Hopefully Seattle will take his contract off our hands. Yeesh.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mr. Forex technical
    My Ride
    a tank
    Posts
    1,844
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Man just tough to watch this team right now, with leads late in game 2 and game 4. Flames did not even have to show up for the entire series, had they just dial it up on the final 3m for both games, we would have been the one up 3 games to 1. The Avs did everything when it counted, we didnt.

    its ironic, Smith was questionable during the regular season but completely went beastmode in the playoff, the rest of the team while had showed all of their own individual potentials earlier on had all just shut off in post season play. like what?

    I thought Flames was a fast team, guess not. And now we know. it will be interesting what the GM will do in the off season because, do you blow up a team where if things were under a more ideal situation (e.g. sneaking into the playoff vs idle for months without meaningful competition) Flames would have been a completely different team.

    I think Flames can take game 5 as long as they show up. and will lose in game 6 just cause I cannot see Smith can reach that far with this kind of work load. Its difference during the regular season when we out score our opponent, but none of that is happening right now.

    The key game I say will be game 6, if the hockey gods do give Flames a break like they did with the Avs where everything goes our way, wining game 6 will be crazy because you come back to Calgary game 7 then in that span of a few nights, the Flames will have a similar situation where they have learned what being continually under pressure and playing very high competitive hockey is like. Enabling them total momentum to be back on track.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 04-18-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    2016 IS300 AWD
    2011 Venza V6 AWD
    2009 STI AWD
    2004 TSX
    2002 WRX
    2000 Celica GT

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,137
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its frustrating to watch because Smith is giving it 120%, but everyone around him seems lost and uninterested.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its ironic, Smith was questionable during the regular season but completely went beastmode in the playoff, the rest of the team while had showed all of their own individual potentials earlier on had all just shut off in post season play. like what?
    Looking back, it’s kind of hilarious where we are in the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm once again worried about goaltending this year. We haven't had a playoffs run caliber goalie in a decade.
    Just so insane that goaltending was the worry from pre season to game 82, and here we are with Playoff VIP Smith and everyone else shitting the bed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup.

    We have a team that can dominate low intensity games...but folds under pressure in high intensity games. Happened a couple of years ago too. It's why you draft the Mackinnons at 4, and the Gaudreaus at 841.
    Man Mackinnon was a concensus first overall pick a year plus before he was drafted



    But I agree with the others last night, like WTF is up with the reffing... be consistent. Call it the same. It's like oh shit, under 3 minutes and Flames are up. Get those whistles ready boys.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary, AB.
    My Ride
    210000 km oldie
    Posts
    1,067
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Game 2 and 4 even though we were outplayed we could have won. Game 3 was a whipping. Smith playing great. Moneyhan is slow, not physical. May be he is not 100% healthy. Avs playing the body (and sticks) on Johnny. Hope the Oilers don't offer sheet Bennett. He is playing with intensity and creating some opportunities. He would strive beside his buddy McDavid.
    I like how Valamaki played, and Anderson has played well beyond expectation. Neal is definitely a step or two behind.

    May be the Rock will give a speech to the guys when he visits the Dome :-)

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,870
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    When I read the various criticisms, I disagree with most of them, but I'm an admitted fanboi. Then, the score and the flow of the game sure shows some gaping holes.

    The regular season we outperformed our expectations, but it will make a first round exit that much more painful.
    Fuck, I'm going to the game Friday now, and I'm terrified.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,439
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I read the various criticisms, I disagree with most of them, but I'm an admitted fanboi. Then, the score and the flow of the game sure shows some gaping holes.

    The regular season we outperformed our expectations, but it will make a first round exit that much more painful.
    Fuck, I'm going to the game Friday now, and I'm terrified.
    From a somewhat more objective position (ie - not a fanboi) I think a great deal has to do with Colorado playing excellent rather than Calgary stinking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . It's like oh shit, under 3 minutes and Flames are up. Get those whistles ready boys.
    Flagrant trip was flagrant and caused a puck turnover.
    Dummy throws pucks over glass is as automatic a penalty as there is. What did you want the officials (4 of them) to do on that one?

  11. #911
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a somewhat more objective position (ie - not a fanboi) I think a great deal has to do with Colorado playing excellent rather than Calgary stinking.
    Agreed. I mean we're not nearly playing our best, but let's also give Colorado the credit they deserve: they haven't taken their foot off the pedal since game 2.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wasn't Colorado 8-0-2 in their last 10 games heading into the playoffs? They came in on fire and we came in with mediocre gameplay. Launch Neal into the sun at this point, too bad the expansion draft isn't soon.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,137
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flagrant trip was flagrant and caused a puck turnover.
    Dummy throws pucks over glass is as automatic a penalty as there is. What did you want the officials (4 of them) to do on that one?
    The consistency is the problem, players have no clue what's going to get called, and how they should play. Refs looked point blank at 2 high sticks into the face of the Flames, no call. I get it, it's the playoffs, let them get away with stuff, but it shouldn't be random. Makes it impossible to play because you don't know what's going to be called.

    Through all 4 games, it felt like the Flames had more weak inconsistent calls. Not that it matters, that's not why we lost, just frustrating to fuck the flow like that.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,870
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I want so badly to like Neil. I truly do. But he looks at best exhausted.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The consistency is the problem, players have no clue what's going to get called, and how they should play. Refs looked point blank at 2 high sticks into the face of the Flames, no call. I get it, it's the playoffs, let them get away with stuff, but it shouldn't be random. Makes it impossible to play because you don't know what's going to be called.

    Through all 4 games, it felt like the Flames had more weak inconsistent calls. Not that it matters, that's not why we lost, just frustrating to fuck the flow like that.
    I 100% agree with you. I try and be leary about criticizing refs because everyone always says "oh your team is losing OF COURSE its the refs fault /s" but when you have the panel mentioning the horrible, inconsistent, lop sided reffing then I think our complaints start holding more merit. The two good (see: obvious) calls they made were the too many men on the Avs and the delay of game on us. But the other shit they called were brutal: blatant high sticks, elbows, cross checks... nothing. MacKinnon drives into Lindholm, Lindholm into the box for interference. Brodie and Backlund's penalties against Landeskog were also soft horseshit calls compared to what was going on. I thought we played way better than game 3, but when Avs are that consistent you need to step up.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want so badly to like Neil. I truly do. But he looks at best exhausted.
    You and me both. I thought he was deadly on Vegas last year and I was really excited when we got him but he looks worn out and tired. I am sure he is good in the dressing room as he's so experienced but holy fuck is he ineffective out there. Its like when we got Jagr (not saying they have the same skillset) everyone was hyped up but he was slow and ineffective.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,870
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    I have a soft spot for old and slow players, but even I am ready to give up on Neil.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The Flames just look bad, except for Smith. Colorado is a better team right now. At least the next 2 are in Calgary but they will need a lot more than that. Colorado doesn't look like they are playing out of their minds, IMHO, and they don't have much for depth - we just can't seem to shut down MacKinnon/Rantanen.

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    E46
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least the next 2 are in Calgary but they will need a lot more than that.
    Just the next 1 unfortunately then back to Colarado. I also think we take game 5 then lose game 6.

    TL

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just the next 1 unfortunately then back to Colarado. I also think we take game 5 then lose game 6.
    Ah shoot, you're right. Thanks for the correction!

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,120
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    No words... just GIF's






Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 2018-2019 Calgary Flames Season Tickets

    By locust in forum Event Tickets / Attraction Passes
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-15-2018, 10:29 AM
  2. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2017-2018 Edition

    By D'z Nutz in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 783
    Latest Threads: 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM
  3. FS: 2018-2019 Calgary Flames Season Tickets - Up to 20 Games

    By logi in forum Event Tickets / Attraction Passes
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 05-16-2018, 08:29 AM
  4. FS: Flames vs blue jackets March 29th 2018 and flames vs coyotes April 3rd 2018 bfv

    By locust in forum Event Tickets / Attraction Passes
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 03-13-2018, 12:08 PM
  5. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •