Quantcast
When the landlord tenant relationship has gone to sh-t - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: When the landlord tenant relationship has gone to sh-t

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Unrelated but, on topic - I just won a hearing against my former tenants however forgot to pay a 50 dollar "fee" and therefore am not entitled to the $3200.00 I won. Fucking Government. Also, fuck me for not realizing I had to pay a fee to "win".
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    4x4

Well the fun starts.

Police here yesterday as the pair were yelling screaming beating my front door down.

All to serve me a "substantial breach" eviction notice.

Apparently I'm
    Performing illegal acts or carried on an illegal trade "..."
    Done or permitted significant damage to the premises "..."
    Failed to keep premises reasonably clean "..."
    And they wrote in:
    Failed to provide tenant insurance.

Service Alberta gave me the objection notice Coles notes...
    "Not running illegal business, burden of proof for this is conviction of running flop house, baudy house or drug house"
    "Landlord broke RTA by entering suite illegally, releasing my dog from kennel resulting in damage. I did not do or permit that damage to occur."
    "Unit is reasonably clean"

And not required but
    "Tenant will provide proof of insurance at 12noon on last day of tenancy. There has been no previous demand for this information, nor is there a timeline in the lease. This is also not a substantial breach"

I just want to gtfo. What's the easiest way to expeditiously extract myself from here with my damage deposit?

I can bring in the health inspector - kitchen floods if they do laundry and I have more than a cup in the sink. Their fix was to put some draino down and text me when they put laundry on. There's a hidden grow op room beside my kitchen, grows mould if anything impedes airflow to the wall. Their fix was to provide me a spray bottle of Clorox.

Large gap in drywall over utility room door. Should be double layered too no? No handrail on the stairs.

Not 100% sure but seems like anything on the tile floor in the living room ends up wet. Perhaps kid spills could be part of it, but I'm doubtful that's all of it.

Pretty sure health inspector would call it uninhabitable

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Do exactly what SugarPhreak said. Take photos/notes of your cleaning, etc. Have dates and photos and make it easy to understand everything you did prior to leaving. Don't worry about health and safety stuff, you're leaving so who cares. You only need to care about the condition of the unit when you left.

Get out and then plan on taking them to small claims to get your damage deposit back.

My Ride
    4x4

Yep, I'm documenting the heck out of everything.

Yeah sadly at the moment, it's almost impossible to move until I get my damage deposit back. Landlords aren't too tollerant of "I'll get you your damage deposit back when the old landlord returns mine - but I expect it to take court action".

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the fun starts.

Police here yesterday as the pair were yelling screaming beating my front door down.

All to serve me a "substantial breach" eviction notice.

Apparently I'm
    Performing illegal acts or carried on an illegal trade "..."
    Done or permitted significant damage to the premises "..."
    Failed to keep premises reasonably clean "..."
    And they wrote in:
    Failed to provide tenant insurance.

Service Alberta gave me the objection notice Coles notes...
    "Not running illegal business, burden of proof for this is conviction of running flop house, baudy house or drug house"
    "Landlord broke RTA by entering suite illegally, releasing my dog from kennel resulting in damage. I did not do or permit that damage to occur."
    "Unit is reasonably clean"

And not required but
    "Tenant will provide proof of insurance at 12noon on last day of tenancy. There has been no previous demand for this information, nor is there a timeline in the lease. This is also not a substantial breach"

I just want to gtfo. What's the easiest way to expeditiously extract myself from here with my damage deposit?

I can bring in the health inspector - kitchen floods if they do laundry and I have more than a cup in the sink. Their fix was to put some draino down and text me when they put laundry on. There's a hidden grow op room beside my kitchen, grows mould if anything impedes airflow to the wall. Their fix was to provide me a spray bottle of Clorox.

Large gap in drywall over utility room door. Should be double layered too no? No handrail on the stairs.

Not 100% sure but seems like anything on the tile floor in the living room ends up wet. Perhaps kid spills could be part of it, but I'm doubtful that's all of it.

Pretty sure health inspector would call it uninhabitable
    Report the suite to the City once you've left if that is a possibility as I'm 99% sure based off what you said its an illegal suite. They City will send inspectors and shut it down.

My Ride
    4x4

I'm pondering having AHS come and inspect. There are issues that would take serious remediation, but trying not to end up homeless in the process. Can't seem to get clear direction from AHS landlord tenant or service Alberta on what would happen if I did bring the inspector in and they deem it unsafe.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Yeah sadly at the moment, it's almost impossible to move until I get my damage deposit back. Landlords aren't too tollerant of "I'll get you your damage deposit back when the old landlord returns mine - but I expect it to take court action".
    Damn man, this is such a shit situation.

I know you most likely won't, but someone should start a Go Fund Me to help raise a DD for a new place.
    Ultracrepidarian

Sorry if i missed this but have you contacted RTDS yet? The landlord has broken some serious rental laws so you need to file against them. The rtds favors tenants heavily and if what you say is true you will have no problem winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    4x4

I have, they were less helpful. Service Alberta's been pretty good though.

Here's the mould problem, trying to get ahead of the game on a move out clean. Pull out the stove to clean floor / walls and...
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5Wlzqbc

edit: read updates

feel bad for ya bro, hope it all works out.

My Ride
    4x4

Well landlord's had my notice of objection for 10 days now. You'd think professional landlord's (lol) would have been to court already to get a date, guess not.

AHS was in Friday, that wall that grows mould only has 15% moisture? I guess I'll just leave a box up against it for a few days as apparently Cleaning mold off the wall is bad. Says the back of the stove isn't mold?

Had a huge long list of things, railings, power issues, bathroom issues plumbing issues, no legal egress from either bedroom and smoke detectors not to code. Apparently I'll get a report maybe this week.

Then the grow op hidden room he wouldn't deal with. Call RCMP - RCMP say since it's not current and active call ahs. Lol

Having to be very cautious - seem to be trying to provoke me every time we meet. Pretty sure they're going for that threats = 24hr thing.

Fun and games continue...

Like to hear the landlord's side of this story. You know the whole three sides to every story, yours, theirs, and the truth. I've been a landlord, had tenants try to pull some crazy shit in the past to avoid eviction/back payments/DD deposits etc.

No offence OP, just in these cases there's usually more to what the renter says exclusively. Good luck moving forward and if it's truly a douchebag landlord you have I hope the outcome is positive for you.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    Like to hear the landlord's side of this story. You know the whole three sides to every story, yours, theirs, and the truth. I've been a landlord, had tenants try to pull some crazy shit in the past to avoid eviction/back payments/DD deposits etc.

No offence OP, just in these cases there's usually more to what the renter says exclusively. Good luck moving forward and if it's truly a douchebag landlord you have I hope the outcome is positive for you.
    That isn't always true. I suppose you believe "the customer is always right" too? A cliche phase doesn't equal reality.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    14' 435i

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    That isn't always true. I suppose you believe "the customer is always right" too? A cliche phase doesn't equal reality.
    No kidding, Dynasty, give your head a shake.. if you read the whole thing and STILL feel this way, you are one of these scumbag landlords.
    Last edited by GOnSHO; 07-24-2018 at 08:38 AM.

My Ride
    4x4

I'll admit I'm no perfect tenant. Not everyone knows I'm a straight shooter.

I know she thinks I don't take care of my dog, objects to his kennel training. Says puppies should be outside. (Hers was tied to a tree yesterday out front baking unable to get out of the sun, then rain/hail).

I know she isn't impressed by my cleaning. Her opinion is my kitchen should never flood because there should never be dirty dishes in a sink. (No dishwasher). She's repeatedly thrown fits about my 6yr olds room. Yup it's messy, yup - he's told to clean it, looses privileges regularly over its state. I'm not handling that the best since she has no business being there, claims it's to reset a breaker, it has popped once when I'm home, almost daily if I'm not home. Funny that (home 95% of the time). Service Canada says a simple blown breaker is not an emergency or reason to access my suite without notice or permission.

She has a warped sense of reality, I have 3d printers, she claims I'm running her power bill through the roof. Well they use around 350w each everything on all going 100% (never happens). May she said the power bill should have been 60$, it was 260. I'd put on a power meter to see - clearly something's wrong with it as it came back as 3000kw/h for the month (so 15k$). Her bill was 260$, may was a rainy wet month, she had her other tenant here the whole time (driller, too wet) and had a friend in recovery staying here (who I kept hearing tales of leaving burners on all day - hot knives??? Dunno). Her levies/riders/delivery costs etc ran up to 172$ so 90$ in usage. I wasn't having any of her demand for me to pay the whole bill.

That I'm sure didn't help. But her demand wasn't realistic nor was her expectation for me to pay the whole freight given most of the usage wouldn't have been me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3