Quantcast
Calgary Auto Connection, Illegal lien and towed the vehicle - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Auto Connection, Illegal lien and towed the vehicle

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm actually surprised the dealership took in an underwater trade-in on a cash deal. That makes absolutely zero sense for a dealer to do anything like that. Only time they'd do that is to roll that money on a new loan to make more money.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean, I bet he knew and drove away with a big grin on his face, just like I would have. Dealership wrote the agreement, dealer signed off on it, dealer fucked up baaaaad. Can't imagine the seller would be held culpable by AMVIC or a court. Time for mandatory marth lessons for dealership employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    lol... he totally did drive away knowing that there was a $15k error. This makes so much more sense knowing that the Mercedes was underwater to begin with.
    But to me it makes sense to still subtract that as the trade in? i wouldn't know any better that it was a fuck up. the bill of sale makes complete sense when i look at it.

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    But to me it makes sense to still subtract that as the trade in? i wouldn't know any better that it was a fuck up. the bill of sale makes complete sense when i look at it.
    It does make sense to subtract it BUT the full value of the lien should've been inputted into the bill of sale too. Totally bad math and someone probably should've caught it.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

$15,500 should have been subtracted as trade-in value but an equal amount should have been added to the lien payout cost, assuming the dealer paid the outstanding value of the loan ($17,682) as part of the trade-in deal.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    It does make sense to subtract it BUT the full value of the lien should've been inputted into the bill of sale too. Totally bad math and someone probably should've caught it.
    $15,500 should have been subtracted as trade-in value but an equal amount should have been added to the lien payout cost, assuming the dealer paid the outstanding value of the loan ($17,682) as part of the trade-in deal.
    i guess that is so, but having it as the $2,182.69, still looks right because that is the "Lien Payout on Trade in" being paid by him at the time of sale. I legitimately wouldn't have even thought twice about that if you guys didn't bring it to my attention. That's me having a truly objective view on this, friendship aside lol.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    From the sounds of it, he gave the dealer all the info and they fucked it up royally.
    No kidding! How does someone working at a dealer figure that someone who comes in with a trade-in that they don't own any part of (and owe more than the trade-in value), should walk out with a $15,500 trade-in discount?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Nothing like making an easy 15k off a dealership because they fucked up the math. Should be pretty straight forward to win, but your buddy will need to lawyer up.

My Ride
    G05

i guess that is so, but having it as the $2,182.69, still looks right because that is the "Lien Payout on Trade in" being paid by him at the time of sale. I legitimately wouldn't have even thought twice about that if you guys didn't bring it to my attention. That's me having a truly objective view on this, friendship aside lol.
    I can see where you're coming from. But the purchase price is approximately $35k for the X5 and the car is under water. So how does it make sense to only pay $22k to the dealership? Considering the trade in goes towards the lien/lender and buddy is supposed to pay the $2182.69 himself.

I agree the dealership totally screwed up and would be interested in hearing what the outcome is from AMVIC.
    Last edited by s2k_boi; 06-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Looking back at the last car I traded in with a financed lien, I had to sign a document stating that I'm responsible for whatever the actual lien is, regardless on what's on the sales contract. Guessing this is to cover out of date information as lien information typically gets changed daily depending on how they accrue interest?

There's also a clause in my conditions of sale contract on my recent purchase last month that outlines errors. "If there has been an error by the Dealer in any calculation of any other matter on the front side hereof or in connection with the sale of the motor vehicle described herein, the Purchaser agrees to allow the Dealer to correct the error forthwith and the correction requires any amount to be paid by one party to the other, such amount shall be paid immediately". The Marth clause.

Question is what the contract states with your buddy, if these clauses are in place. It seems like pretty standard clauses here that every dealership would have to cover their asses.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Only if they put this type of math problems in exams.

Dishonest.

It's like when a cashier gives you more change then you're entitled to.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I mean, I bet he knew and drove away with a big grin on his face, just like I would have. Dealership wrote the agreement, dealer signed off on it, dealer fucked up baaaaad. Can't imagine the seller would be held culpable by AMVIC or a court. Time for mandatory marth lessons for dealership employees.
    Okay, sure, lots of people would do that, but they wouldn't act so confused when some repercussion occurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Just being a newb, but if this gets dragged out, is OP's friend going to have his credit affected as well?

What's on the back of the sales contract? There is a line on the front stating the contract also includes terms and conditions on the back of the form as well. It may say something about math errors there.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Grimace

This was some solid Marth by the dealer and individual. Obviously not an illegal lien though.
    Last edited by schocker; 06-27-2018 at 02:56 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

marth should be covered in the terms on the back of the contract. But considering buddy should have read them, maybe he knew they didn't.

My Ride
    LNF

It'll be interesting to see what happens since it looks like the buyer messed up and not the dealer.. Looks like dealers google page is taking heat over this.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by GQBalla View Post
    Dishonest.

It's like when a cashier gives you more change then you're entitled to.
    100% . I can't believe OP and others are also acting as if they didn't know anything about this.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd try to screw the dealership too. I'd take the deal. I'd pray that they never figured out the mistake, and hope I'd get away with it.

But I'd expect the deal to get reversed somehow. People rarely get away with 15k mistakes in thier favour no matter who is at fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2010 S4

Seeing as how most dealers are out to fuck people all day everyday I would too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast