Quantcast
McLaren 600LT - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren 600LT

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I think we're basically saying the samething... It's the uncertainty of not knowing the cost of depreciation going in that causes many to hesitate, or (worse for McLaren) look elsewhere... A new 488, Huracan or Porsche GT car all have pretty certain depreciation curves that a prospective buyer can use to make part of their buying decision. McLaren's regular series has a pretty predictable rate of depreciation, but it varies between horrible and suicide-inducing... It doesn't help that the dealer here is trying to manipulate the used market, but at least there's a different player in Montreal now and that could open up the market a bit...

My Ride
    ute

I think the Pfaff Mclaren in Montreal split from Pfaff or something?

And ya, we are saying the same thing. I love the cars. At least as much as Ferrari, more than Lambo, and frankly there is no comparison to Porsche GT cars...which are amazing performance but suffer from "every 911 is still a 911" syndrome.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pfaff Mclaren in Montreal split from Pfaff or something?

And ya, we are saying the same thing. I love the cars. At least as much as Ferrari, more than Lambo, and frankly there is no comparison to Porsche GT cars...which are amazing performance but suffer from "every 911 is still a 911" syndrome.
    Pfaff is the Canadian distributor, but as far as I know the Montreal dealer is an independent operation... Mclaren in Vancouver and Toronto are something like "corporate" stores, but still technically separate operations from the distributor.

I think you're being too hard on the Porsche GT cars

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    Pfaff is the Canadian distributor, but as far as I know the Montreal dealer is an independent operation... Mclaren in Vancouver and Toronto are something like "corporate" stores, but still technically separate operations from the distributor.

I think you're being too hard on the Porsche GT cars
    The Porsche GT cars are amazing, on a technical level. I have the utmost respect for them. Didn't want to sound like I don't. They don't stir my inner 12 year old, is all.

The Montreal store USED to be a "Pfaff" labelled store, I'm sure of it.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I've wanted to get into a GT car for the last 5 years and have tried just about every dealership in Canada. It's never a good experience, it's always just "We'll put you on a list, but were never going to call you back." . Telling Porsche that you'll pay cash for any allocation over a 5 year period and not getting squat is just bullshit. Literally can't even throw money at them to get into the car you want.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 01-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.

My Ride
    ute

It's genius marketing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you like beetles.

That being said I have thought about putting my name down for a next gen GT4.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Lariat

You can get a 720S for 400k it looks like
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

2018s with a couple thousand km sell for about $380,000. Not too bad.

But imo if your going to buy a McLaren it’s got to be a colour that pops. Yellow, orange, bright blue, purple, green, etc..

Good luck Killramos, hope you have better luck than I. Try and avoid dealing with Colton, he's about as useful as a dull knife.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 01-23-2019 at 12:19 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I've wanted to get into a GT car for the last 5 years and have tried just about every dealership in Canada. It's never a good experience, it's always just "We'll put you on a list, but were never going to call you back." . Telling Porsche that you'll pay cash for any allocation over a 5 year period and not getting squat is just bullshit. Literally can't even throw money at them to get into the car you want.
    You can throw money at them, but it involves paying market price after an original owner has taken delivery...

The fact that you can't get an allocation on a GT car from a Porsche dealer and that GT prices stay buoyant years after release combined with the fact that McLaren is pushing their latest and greatest on you should tell you everything you need to know regarding the price resilience on a 600LT.

Knowing that, if you still want one, I don't think anyone would say it's a bad choice... Maybe just an expensive one

My Ride
    ute

When I was at the Mac dealer a few months ago they told me that they wouldn't offer me a 600lt ...I felt like telling them I looked forward to their call in a few months.

Having said that the car is better than anything Porsche is making right now imo.

I do wonder when the 570 used market is going to capitulate like the 12c market did

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    You can get a 720S for 400k it looks like
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    i must say, i do not like that car in white....

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

The used Market for current McLaren is somewhat "normal" now, only those Porsche "GT" vehicles are somewhat abnormal, and some Ferrari (V8 mid engine) still maintain their value so strong, not their V12 models ..

Most McLaren 570S loaded are ~ $275-280K retail, (somewhat $50K less than Lambo 610 and $100K less than 488) now t2016 models are going for $210-220K, somewhat 20-25% dropped in value in ~ 3 year, which is similar to Lambo, 911 Turbo S, AMG, M car, ZR1, etc, and better than Bentley/Aston .. Resell value for 720S is still strong, but still not Porsche GT or Ferrari 488.

Well, put in km/dollar, we are still talking $70-80K for just 10,000km or less, which is a lot of money .... but imagine those who spent $450K for a Vanquish, with 10,000km, sold for $150K ... Ouch!

The 12C/MP4/650S are victims in depreciation .. but 12C/MP4 are well know problematic ...650S are much more reliable, but consider 650S were over $400K new, now they are going for $250K area for a 4 yr old 2015 .. kind of bargain compare to the slower 488 still $380-400K for a used one!

I think outrageous service cost for McLaren is the problem, while ~ $1,000 oil service for a Lambo and Ferrari is expensive, McLaren is even more! And not much alternative .. (probably some good reputation shops such as Alpine, Regal will work on McLaren)
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Name:  6E20CB9E-794A-4D3D-99AE-845F46E96223.jpeg
Views: 295
Size:  38.2 KB

One day...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    You can throw money at them, but it involves paying market price after an original owner has taken delivery...

The fact that you can't get an allocation on a GT car from a Porsche dealer and that GT prices stay buoyant years after release combined with the fact that McLaren is pushing their latest and greatest on you should tell you everything you need to know regarding the price resilience on a 600LT.

Knowing that, if you still want one, I don't think anyone would say it's a bad choice... Maybe just an expensive one
    Some good points, but I'm not sure I entirely agree with your logic. Most peoTple could get a handle on a 675LT when they came out if they wanted one. 600LT spyder will still be limited production, just at a larger scale than the coupe. I still think there's potential for appreciation or very little depreciation. The R8 RWS wasn't exactly hard to get a handle on, and I was just offered slightly above MSRP(mind you, I have installed titanium exhaust) to sell mine locally

Here's a proper 720S spec imo.. https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mclaren/...205C8&sprx=100

I don't think the 570s will go down to mp4-12c levels. The MP4-12cs had a variety of mechanical issues, and owning them past 20,000km has caused a lot of expenses for owners.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Fistral Blue is stunning!

With that much MSO options .. probably pushing to $430K MSRP ..

Just kind of surprise so many used McLaren for sale already .. even the 720S! (there is no faster nor "better" vehicle now, wonder if someone drives 720S now, what is next!?)
    Last edited by C4S; 01-23-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Absolutely perfect spec imo.
    After a 720s, you've gotta get the senna. Or move onto Pagani, Koenigsegg.

My Ride

The 720S Spider is coming too, so there are probably a lot of owners pre-selling before their next one arrives

I thought there was a lot of uncertainty coming in the used hypercar market based off what I've been hearing? These things are all starting to come to the end of their warranty periods, so people are worried the values will drop out for used ones with no warranty.

The entire used market for these cars is a bit of weird one. You would think most people who are affording these high value used examples could most likely afford new as well. So who is the target demographic purchasing these used models? Obviously there is still people who aren't flat out rich, and prefer to save money where they can, I would just think that's the minority when it comes to this type of car market. Could be wrong though.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I thought there was a lot of uncertainty coming in the used hypercar market based off what I've been hearing? These things are all starting to come to the end of their warranty periods, so people are worried the values will drop out for used ones with no warranty.

The entire used market for these cars is a bit of weird one. You would think most people who are affording these high value used examples could most likely afford new as well. So who is the target demographic purchasing these used models? Obviously there is still people who aren't flat out rich, and prefer to save money where they can, I would just think that's the minority when it comes to this type of car market. Could be wrong though.
    There are a lot of problems with the hybrid drivetrains starting to come to light from the recent batch of hyper cars. Anecdotally, I know of one P1 that just had the battery and some of the other hybrid components replaced... for just under US$200k. The LaFerraris have battery issues and one former 918 owner has told me he's hearing of some problems that Porsche is desperately trying to keep under wraps while they integrate some of the trickle down 918 tech into upcoming versions of the 992...

It's interesting because the uncertainty regarding the hybrid drivetrains is a new factor in the supercar market dynamics. Typically, coming off of warranty isn't a major drag on values, but these drivetrains are a major question mark with expensive consequences.

Otherwise, the market for these hyper cars is simply driven by supply and demand... It's not about "affording" something, it's about being able to actually get one. Crazy things happen when you tell a very wealthy person that they can't have something they want.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast