Quantcast
Recommendations on large curved monitors for office use? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Recommendations on large curved monitors for office use?

Default Recommendations on large curved monitors for office use?

Can anyone recommend a large curved computer monitor that would be suitable for office work without breaking the bank? (I'm in Vancouver if that makes a difference.) I'm thinking 34" based on what I happened to read somewhere on the internet, but that's not based on anything really... actually the one I've been looking at is https://www.amazon.ca/Dell-UltraShar.../dp/B00PXYRMPE, but I'm not sure I can justify spending $850 on a monitor. This will be for office use (word/excel/coding/email/web) and I like to use it to have multiple things open side-by-side.

I don't do anything with graphics or color so I don't need anything fancy (I don't think). I've been working on a 23" flat monitor that I purchased for around $200 back in 2012 - but on the other hand, I'll be working on it everyday, I can afford it, and I'll likely use it for another decade if possible.

I also had a killer dual monitor setup on my office workstation a few years back, but these were ultra high end Dells that were around $2k USD a piece IIRC. I'm definitely not planning to spend that much, but I would entertain the dual monitor idea (especially if it was cheaper).

Thanks!
    Last edited by FixedGear; 06-28-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: updated Dell monitor size

My Ride
    ute

I run triple of those dells. They are great.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I run triple of those dells. They are great.
    Triple curved?! I need to see what this looks like cause I’m picturing you in the middle of a circle spinning around looking at different data!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Triple curved?! I need to see what this looks like cause I’m picturing you in the middle of a circle spinning around looking at different data!
    My desk is a disaster right now. Otherwise I would take a pic. Basically, I have one monitor for my business email (which is my laptop on a docking station). I also can open other communication stuff there, or have an attachment open beside Outlook.

the other two monitors allow me to have 4 side by side documents open. Typically the one in front of my is a word doc. and I usually have between 1 and 10 spreadsheets open.

the third monitor is often used for a couple of PDFs (financial statements or someting) side by side. Or a pdf and a web browser with a show or beyond on it, if i dont need the space and a distraction is fine.