Quantcast
Mattress Recommendations? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Mattress Recommendations?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Default Mattress Recommendations?

We've finally decided to upgrade to a King now that the dog has decided sleeping diagonally on our bed fully stretched out is the way to go...

We are currently on a 14'' Memory Foam mattress and are quite happy with it, so as we are looking around, we are deciding whether to go for one of those popular foam mattresses like Casper or Endy, or maybe a Stearns-Foster with a Euro Top Plush. The Euro top feels so comfortable in-store but from what I read something like a Casper is the way to go.

Anyone here have any experience with Casper?
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 06-28-2018 at 11:35 PM.

My Ride
    ute

get a custom made latex mattress. No cheap, but its a pretty important item.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

We just bought the top end one from Showhome furniture. Its not a memory foam one though. I do not find those comfortable at all. Ill let ya know how it goes. It comes this weekend hopefully.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

These guys are the best
    http://www.halstead.ca

My Ride
    LNF

I did quite a bit of research on Casper and Endy... Ended up going with a Endy (let me know and I can save you 50$ with a referral).

I chose the Endy over the Casper based on the reviews. Apparently Casper has made some material changes within the last year and the reviews have stated that the foam quality is not as good.

We've been using the Endy for about a month now so I cannot provide long term reviews but my wife and I love it vs her 8 year old pillowtop mattress. I would say it is a medium firm. They also give you 100 day trial and donate the mattress if you do not like it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These guys are the best
    http://www.halstead.ca
    http://halsteadmattresses.blogspot.com/

DISCLAIMER
    This blog is not about Dean Halstead, who is the original proprietor of Halstead Mattress and an expert mattress maker. Mr. Dean Halstead when on to sell his company around 1999 which now runs under the name of Halstead or Halstead Mattress Makers. After running out a non-compete agreement as condition of the sale, Mr. Dean Halstead has started a new custom mattress making business which can be found here:
    http://www.themattressmaker.ca/
    Bit of a confusing situation. Calgary Mattress Makers is Dean Halstead's new business. Halstead Mattress Makers has pretty hit or miss/bad reviews online.

My Ride
    ute

ya, based on what I have read, Halstead is to be avoided.

Black Sheep or The Sleep and Mattress Company are good, too.

I'd avoid Halstead. Ended up buying a mattress from them a few years ago with lots of lead time (at least 6 months) before our possession date. Was promised this wouldn't be an issue.. a few days prior to possession, I tried to confirm the status and whereabouts of our mattress and it was a phone tag game trying to chase down the owner.

Ended up sleeping on the floor for a few weeks while they got their shit together with no apology on their end.

edit: also bought an Endy for the spare room and this mattress in my opinion is more comfortable, better price point, and delivery was a breeze.
    Last edited by Bowen; 06-29-2018 at 09:43 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I can’t say any bad about them me and my family have bought multiple mattresses from them and they have been great quality and price... we just got another one from them.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I've read both the Casper and the Endy can be a little too soft if you're too heavy (over 220lbs) so I ended up trying a memory foam from Costco that had a lot of "too firm" reviews and love it. Point is, if you're a bigger person, be aware of those concerns.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I've read both the Casper and the Endy can be a little too soft if you're too heavy (over 220lbs) so I ended up trying a memory foam from Costco that had a lot of "too firm" reviews and love it. Point is, if you're a bigger person, be aware of those concerns.
    Thanks for this!! Any link to your Costco mattress?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I bought the Endy about a year ago, personally, I find it pretty comfortable. It is a little on the softer side than my liking, however, I did mention this to them and they sent me a free mattress topper to firm it up a bit.

Do not cheap out on a mattress! I don't know how people could buy a mattress they have not laid on. We ended up with a Stearns & Foster after visiting all the major furniture stores. It wasn't cheap but definitely one of our best buys ever.

If you're looking at memory foam, read this guy's site:

https://sleepopolis.com/mattress-reviews/

All the memory foam mattresses are basically the same, but it matters if you are a back/side/stomach sleeper and how heavy you are, so you just need to pick accordingly. Also some are hypoallergenic and formaldehyde/VOC free if that is important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    Do not cheap out on a mattress! I don't know how people could buy a mattress they have not laid on. We ended up with a Stearns & Foster after visiting all the major furniture stores. It wasn't cheap but definitely one of our best buys ever.
    All the online companies have ~100 day free trials and they pay the shipping both ways - better to sleep on it for a while rather than lay on it in a store IMHO. I agree though, I can't understand people cheaping out on a mattress. None of them are expensive at all considering you spend ~1/3 your life on them roughly and have a major impact to several aspects of your mental and physical health.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-04-2018 at 09:05 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    Best mattress I've bought is also the "cheapest" mattress I've bought. I'll take a $500 King size Ikea one over anywhere else, but I hate memory foam which is all anyone else sells these days. Down mattress cover on top of a super firm spring mattress, and I'm in heaven. I can also replace it 4 times and still be ahead.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'm 255lbs and the Endy has been good the first few months. My back doesn't hurt in the morning like it used to with my regular pillow top mattress. I'm sure i could have a more firm mattress and it may be a bit better, but i find sleeping on my side on firm mattress hurts my chest haha..

Quote Originally Posted by nagooro View Post
    I bought the Endy about a year ago, personally, I find it pretty comfortable. It is a little on the softer side than my liking, however, I did mention this to them and they sent me a free mattress topper to firm it up a bit.
    maybe i should try that

Edit: That was easy, they're setting up to send it already, Thanks for the advice
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 07-04-2018 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    ute

The guys from Black Sheep came and set up my mattress today.
    https://blacksheepmattress.com/produ...nt=39401745607

king size. 12" tallalay latex mattress on the soft side of medium firmness. It's goddamn amazing. I just wanted to lie in the bed all afternoon, haha.

Had some Percale sheets brought in from Snowe. Also amazing.
    https://snowehome.com/collections/sl...ant=3165831489

I usually hate going to bed, but not tonight!

I highly recommend the guys from Black Sheep.