Quantcast
Tour de France 2018 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tour de France 2018

Yeah, definitely seemed like guys were just trying to get to the finish rather than push the gaps. I was just waiting for the second group with Gilbert/Sagan to close up to the first group, but things just never happened.
    Was a pretty good post race interview with Degenkolb and a good sprint finish with him in front for most of the last 2km.

https://streamable.com/gks5a

The 0:24 mark of the video is the talk of the rest day. I'm guessing he spun his pedals to check for brake rub or get it into gear, but tinfoil hat wearers are saying there's a motor in the bike.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

wow incredible! that wheel started spinning fast when he picked the rear end up. people are sharp - i would have never noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow incredible! that wheel started spinning fast when he picked the rear end up. people are sharp - i would have never noticed that.
    He's just following proper post crash bike check. Spin the cranks to get the chain back on, a half revolution of cranks would get your wheel spinning like that.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    He's just following proper post crash bike check. Spin the cranks to get the chain back on, a half revolution of cranks would get your wheel spinning like that.
    i'm no expert and maybe that video footage isn't included but i didn't see him touch the crank on a frame by frame advance. but i don't doubt that you're probably right

Quick google shows a clear vid, nope no evidence of mechanical doping. What big boom said is exactly what Toms described he did and exactly what the vid shows:

https://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tou...usation_472426

My Ride
    '21 Taco

This.

Today's stage was awesome to watch! I love mountain stages! Sad for Nieve

Another exciting stage tomorrow!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

This is going to be a pretty cool unfolding of events with Thomas in the yellow. Curious where Froome is going to try and attack to get it, do they hold off until they are in the Pyrenees? Or try something tomorrow on Alpe?

My Ride
    '21 Taco

This is going to be a pretty cool unfolding of events with Thomas in the yellow. Curious where Froome is going to try and attack to get it, do they hold off until they are in the Pyrenees? Or try something tomorrow on Alpe?
    I actually would like to see other favourites for the yellow Jersey or have Froome give Thomas his chance. It's only halfway through the tour though. The thing is.. Froome is just a monster in climbing so we can only wait if Thomas will have the energy to finish the tour and not pull a Yates towards the end like in the recent Giro (I still really feel bad for Simon Yates on that Giro whenever I remember Stage 19 ).

My Ride
    '21 Taco

That was a good race in Alpe D'Huez. Lot's of boos not just for Froome but to Team Sky. A spectator tried to either push or "punch" Froome at one point.

Almost all the favourite sprinters are gone now: Cavendish, Kittel, Greipel, Groenewegen, Gaviria. Really, the only ones left are Sagan and Kristoff. That's quite sad. It's basically Sagan's green jersey now as long as he lasts until the end of the tour. I would love to see him on green jersey at the end of the tour but it's sad that there's like really no "real challenge" for him getting it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I like this one more, backflip on a road bike no less.

Wtf is up the spectators at the side of the road? Can they just not observe and encourage the riders without becoming possible race hazards themselves? Personally I think they should liberally hand out cans of pepper spray to every rider and the accompanying support vehicles/entourage with instructions for it's very liberal use on the too many self centered fans.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Like most things, the majority of people are respectful while some people are either too stupid or don’t care.

I get the tradition of Alp D’huez and having a veryone go nuts right beside the riders, but with Nibali out with a fractured spine as a direct result of this, the organizers have to relook at the 100 year old rules of the Tour.

Something like this happens every GT and the problem is how do you fix it? Do you have to set up barriers and security for 100km? I think that's the big issue, as they keep ever increasing distances and such it's hard to block it off from spectators and legally what can be done? It's like those stupid flares with the colored smoke, could you imagine heart beating at 190bpm, sucking for all the air you can get and breathing that in? Ouch.

Never a dull moment, maybe another argument for barriers across the entire stage, not that I'm for that.

https://news.sky.com/story/tour-de-f...spray-11447097

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Never a dull moment with Sagan's interviews. This one is after his crash yesterday, Stage 17. lol

So happy he's ok.

Froome is done after Stage 17. He may not even make it to the podium, but still a couple stages to go.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Sagan is almost as blunt as Raikkonen but more talkative lol.

Froome got taken out by the security yesterday while riding back to the bus from the finish. Poor guy can't get a break from the Frenchies lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2