Quantcast
F1 TV - New Subscription Service - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: F1 TV - New Subscription Service

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

Default F1 TV - New Subscription Service

Anyone sign up?

The live feed from Austria this weekend seems be to broken, so much for the promise of on-boards from all cars, but archived content is proving to be pretty sweet.

Currently watching the 1989 race in Suzuka. It seems like teams took turns mounting cameras on their cars, or maybe they selectively mounted them race by race, I don't know, anyway for Suzuka McLaren had them mounted. The on-board footage from Senna's car is borderline orgasmic. Quickly looking at engine regs from the 89' season, it was 3.5L, that's it. McLaren with a Honda V10, Brabham with a Judd V8, and of course the glorious Ferrari V12. They shifted gears manually

Look at this action - Senna was amazing.

----- Spoilers ------

Then the Formula One circus arrived at Suzuka, Japan near Nagoya for the now infamous penultimate round for the championship. Prost said he would not leave the door open for his teammate, who he felt had made far too many risky moves on him.[7]

Senna took pole, but Prost beat him away from the grid and led by 1.4 seconds by the end of the first lap. By lap 15, however, Senna was all over the back of Prost's McLaren after moving through both Williams and Benettons. He whittled down Prost's 5 second lead to just under a second by lap 30, but the latter pulled a few seconds ahead by the 35th lap. By the end of lap 46, with 7 to go, the gap was just over a second. Senna, further back than he had been earlier in the race, made a move on Prost in the chicane before the start-finish straight. True to his word, Prost closed the gap and the two skidded into the escape road and both engines stalled.[citation needed] Prost jumped from his car. Senna, however, got a push from the marshals and returned to the track.

After pitting for repairs, Senna worked his way past both Williams and the Benettons to take a three-second victory. However, his altercation with Prost seven laps earlier meant he had missed the chicane and, according to FIA and FISA president Jean Marie Balestre, had not completed the lap. It is worth noting that many drivers in previous races had used the escape roads near chicanes after on-track incidents, as is customary, without receiving penalties. He was disqualified and Nannini revelled in his first Grand Prix victory. The new Williams FW13s finished second and third, putting them five points ahead of the Ferrari team in the race for second.

McLaren went to appeal the decision. With the matter hanging in the air, Senna went on record saying it was a plot and conspiracy against him by FIA and FISA president Jean Marie Balestre who he said favored Alain Prost. Senna would comment again on the matter after sealing his 1991 championship, reiterating his belief that he had been unfairly treated.
    Last edited by ryanallan; 07-01-2018 at 07:49 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There’s TV Access, and TV Pro.

Access gives you live timing and archived races. Pro adds live races. Pro isn’t available in Canada until 2020 when the TSN/RDS agreement ends.

The archived races are awesome. I watched a bunch over the last couple of weeks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pro isn’t available in Canada until 2020 when the TSN/RDS agreement ends.
    Can't wait. So many stupid commercials. Another racing cockblock is WEC, which is only on Discovery Velocity. No VOD until a few weeks after the race iirc and while $4/mth, it is just reality car shows unless otherwise.
    IMSA I believe broadcasts online for free.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I was excited about this until i found out about the lack of live races. Seems pretty expensive for basic timings but the archived races sounds pretty sweet

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Access gives you live timing and archived races. Pro adds live races. Pro isn’t available in Canada until 2020 when the TSN/RDS agreement ends.
    ah, ok, makes sense. Does a VPN connection work for the live feed?