Quantcast
Your favourite Joe Rogan guests? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Joe Rogan guests?

My Ride
    something green

Default Your favourite Joe Rogan guests?

I've been jumping through the JRE shows on youtube, he's pounded out a lot of podcasts with good variety of guests. Anyone have some specific guests that were better than others or stood out?
    I liked Ted Nugent, Jordan Peterson, Steve Breuer, Michael Shermer. Candace Owens and Abby Martin, I didn't even make it a half hour in.
    Over a thousand to choose from now, and he's pounding them out 3 a week or something like that.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Ben Shapiro was a decent watch, for batshit crazy entertainment the Tom delonge and Alex jones ones were nutty.

I also really enjoyed dan Flores, he wrote a book on coyotes and the American tundra that was really interesting.

Candice Owens Steven crowder etc. are terrible

Try going through the channel JRE clips, it is the official clip channel that allows you to check out snipoets of different guests to decide if they are worth watching.
    Last edited by finboy; 07-02-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    something green

Ben Shapiro is interesting to listen to and a lays out his thoughts well, but holy cow, he's like listening to a 33 rpm record on 78 speed for those old enough to understand that reference.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben Shapiro is interesting to listen to and a lays out his thoughts well, but holy cow, he's like listening to a 33 rpm record on 78 speed for those old enough to understand that reference.
    I find him more tolerable on other peoples’ shows as opposed to his own, I don’t align with many of his opinions but he does seem more flexible on considering other viewpoints and putting forward arguments that seem more genuine to himself rather than towing the party line. I would likely tag him as a reasonable republican, though I struggle to find an equivalent democrat for that role now adays. Shapiro was on maher’s Show this week, and all I could think is how much I continue to hate bill Maher after decades.

My Ride
    ute

That Sean connely cosmologist guy was good recently

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    I find him more tolerable on other peoples’ shows as opposed to his own, I don’t align with many of his opinions but he does seem more flexible on considering other viewpoints and putting forward arguments that seem more genuine to himself rather than towing the party line. I would likely tag him as a reasonable republican, though I struggle to find an equivalent democrat for that role now adays. Shapiro was on maher’s Show this week, and all I could think is how much I continue to hate bill Maher after decades.
    I really like Shapiro I just have a very tough time accepting his obvious cognitive dissonance ie: he constantly criticizes sheeple on the left following doctrine with poor factual basis yet can’t see the hypocrisy in his devotion to the Jewish faith.

On the topic of joe Rogan favourite guests I really like the ones with Duncan trussell, cowboy Ceronne was a hilarious podcast. Courtney dauwalter the ultra runner and some of his hunting ones are great like #817 with the kuiu founders. I’m not even into hunting but find them fascinating

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya the cowboy podcast was good. I like Neal degrasse Tyson, amazing how smart some people are. I also enjoyed all the car guys episodes, magnus walker, Chris Harris, Matt Farrah. Jay Leno was good as well wish they talked cars a little more. Dan biller Ian was alright too.

My Ride
    ute

Ya Shapiro's belief in a personal god is bizarre considering how disciplined in his reasoning he is elsewhere.

I wouldn't call it cognitive dissonance though. I don't think he's uncomfortable. It's more like an observation in early years brainwashing.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Don’t know how I forgot, Dave goggins would be a fantastic listen, that guy is insane in his devotion to accomplishment.

I’m torn on dr Ronda Patrick, part of me doesn’t like her approach to the podcast format but I take something away every time she is on.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I usually have it running on youtube on the telly.

Just watched the one with Guy Richi. GSP I liked..
    Not so much guests but the discussion on the following were good: The Bruce Lee, I liked the one with Steven Seagal. He didnt jump on the hate bandwagon, he went on the martial arts perspective which was nice and not just displayed a fat guy waving his hands.

It was interesting seeing his argument with Steven Crowder. Joe Rogan turned into a bit of a cunt. I mean there is a lot of stupid stuff out there, but let people make thier point and they usally make themsevles look stupid.

But anywhoo. I just started the Neal degrasse Tyson one.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'd highly recommend listening to Jacko Willink's interview. Its been my favorite by far. I think he was on there twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Jocko Willink is a bad ass dude. His motivational speeches and podcasts are awesome.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I've listened to almost all his podcasts since inception, there are so many to choose from and they've come along way from shitty Mac laptop podcasts on a couch in Joe's basement. They really hit their stride when he dropped Brian Redban lol.

I really liked Jordan Peterson as well. Ben Shapiro had lots of potential, but didn't really dive into anything special. Other guests I've enjoyed:

Leah Remini - Reveals what Scientology is really like and how crazy it is. Get's into being watched and by the church, threatened by them. Also dips into Tom Cruise a little bit.
    Dr. Karl Hart - Drugs and addiction expert, really refreshing take on how drugs and addiction are being viewed from an experts point of view.
    Mike Baker - Ex-CIA. Mostly, I think he is full of shit, but has interesting stories. Hi second appearance was less stand-offish, that episode I enjoyed.
    Michael Dowd - Ex-cop from Brooklyn who was arrested for racketeering and drug trafficking charges in the 80s. Has crazy stories and also a Netflix doc "The Seven Five".
    Peter Giuliano - Coffee expert. I learned alot about the industry
    Dr. Rhonda Patrick - Every knowledgeable on everything having to do with bio chemistry and neuroscience.
    Freeway Rick Ross - The REAL Rick Ross and his journey from nothing to the biggest crime lord in the US until getting arrested in the 80s.
    Mel Gibson/Dr. Neil Riordan - Their conversation on stem cell research was interesting to me.
    Wim Hoff - The 'Iceman'. Known for his climbs up Mount Everest in nothing but shorts. His stories and methods for 'breathing' are unreal.
    Justin Wren - UFC fighter. Actively travels to the Congo to help Pygmy slaves obtain clean water and access to medical supplies etc.
    Gavin McInnes - Co-founder of Vice. I think he's hilarious and obnoxious at times, but I find him interesting to listen to.
    Dan Bilzerian - Speaks on how his actual lifestyle is and what you see on Instagram isn't always what it is. Stories on his interesting life.
    Ms. Pat - Comedian. Funny and crazy stories on her struggles growing up in the hood.

Other great guests: Everlast, Daniele Bolelli, Steve-O, , Graham Hancock, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Eddie Huang

I've always liked the lighter podcasts with other comedians, some of my faves:

Bill Burr
    Bert Kreischer
    Tom Segura
    Hannibal Buress
    W. Kamau Bell
    Tom Papa
    Jim Norton
    Joey Diaz
    Tony Hingecliff
    Duncan Trussell
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 07-03-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Huge fan of Joe's pod casts too. Lance Armstrong was one of my favorites for some weird reason, im not into cycling at all but what he said about that sport was a total shock and eye opener to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Anyone else hating the Ted Nugent one? Its taken me several days to try to get through it. He sucks haha, so irritating

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

anthony bourdain is my favorite podcast and then the kevin smith and shane smith ones are really good too.
    I just listened to the george st pierre one and it was really interesting.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Anyone else hating the Ted Nugent one? Its taken me several days to try to get through it. He sucks haha, so irritating
    I didn't mind that one, not even being religious myself, I found some of his views interesting.
    Going through a bunch of what people here posted, I can't really stand watching Rogan when he's drunk or stoned, his entertainment value nosedives for me when he turns silly on pot or angry on drink.
    Too loud for Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I didn't mind that one, not even being religious myself, I found some of his views interesting.
    Going through a bunch of what people here posted, I can't really stand watching Rogan when he's drunk or stoned, his entertainment value nosedives for me when he turns silly on pot or angry on drink.
    You have a way higher tolerance for bullshit than I haha. The Ted Nugent one was the first one in a long time I gave up on. Guy is a nut, doesn’t understand causation vs correlation and thinks because he was successful in one aspect of his life that makes him successful and some sort of authority in all aspects of life. He took a moronic, hypocritical stance on pot, made gun advocates look stupid and made a mockery of science. You could tell joe thought he was a quack, was doing his ‘who the fuck does this guy think he is’ silence

My Ride
    something green

His pot stance actually was interesting, in that he questioned the need of healthy people to use it, but still saw some benefit of it for people who are suffering, most people who are typically anti pot are anti pot in all aspects. I think Rogan actually changed Nugents outlook on it a little as they meandered around the issue of responsible use and focus.
    He is pretty high on himself funnily enough though, he is his own drug and stimulant, he just can't accept that others aren't.

Chris Harris bored me , Next up Peter Giuliano.
    Last edited by Maxt; 07-06-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: de-gestalted post
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast