Quantcast
Tom Harris EPP plans - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tom Harris EPP plans

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Tom Harris EPP plans

so my wife wants a new IphoneX and this tomharris company (i guess telus reseller) has been advertising as a special deal at her work. By the looks of it to get a iphoneX you have to do 2 year lock-in - pay either $600 and unlimited canada wide calling + 5 GB data its $91 +tax for the premium plus plan or $800 upfront and $88 +tax for the premium plan.

Are any of you guys on their plans?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Is that really any better a price than the big 3’s normal plans?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Well I compared it with the Apega plan that Im currently on with her and even if she bought the Iphone X outright she would save roughly $1000 over 2 years over changing to Telus and this dealers plans.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Is that Marth?

91-53 (Apega rate) = 38 x24 = 912

912+600=1512 is the total additional cost vs Apega plan to get this phone.

An iPhone X is $1,319 unsubsidized. Even if you are on the more expensive Apega plan. No way is this $1,000 in savings.

And you are locked for 24 months to these guys.

Honestly if you have access to the Apega plan it seems like a way better deal than what these guys are offering. Unless it literally is about getting a phone you can’t afford.
    Last edited by killramos; 07-04-2018 at 12:24 PM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So with Apega I would buy the phone (64GB one) outright less the cost of her existing iphone 7 trade in - it comes to approx $1100 with tax. Then shes paying $49 a month with apega currently which puts her at around $2300 for total 2 year cost. I calculated that for a 600 down with Telus and 95 a month plan it would be total 2 year cost of approx 2950 so maybe not $1000 but not paying as much for sure.

Problem with apega is we have two phones through them yet I only see one in the member area - my phones completely missing from there.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So by your own math, Apega is 650 cheaper over the term is there something I am not understanding?

As for the member area, just ask them to fix it and they will lol. They had some issues with the switch to the new manager but now everything works great. I have 2 lines personally with them and I added another buddy on it as well. All 3 show up on my account.

fact.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    So with Apega I would buy the phone (64GB one) outright less the cost of her existing iphone 7 trade in - it comes to approx $1100 with tax. Then shes paying $49 a month with apega currently which puts her at around $2300 for total 2 year cost. I calculated that for a 600 down with Telus and 95 a month plan it would be total 2 year cost of approx 2950 so maybe not $1000 but not paying as much for sure.

Problem with apega is we have two phones through them yet I only see one in the member area - my phones completely missing from there.
    Wait... so by your own calculation, you save $650 by sticking with the APEGA plan and buying the phone outright, but you're actually considering switching to this Tom Harris plan?
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    So by your own math, Apega is 650 cheaper over the term is there something I am not understanding?

As for the member area, just ask them to fix it and they will lol. They had some issues with the switch to the new manager but now everything works great. I have 2 lines personally with them and I added another buddy on it as well. All 3 show up on my account.
    Hmm ok I guess I will wait for them to get back to me.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

There was like a extra savings of $400 telus credit and 2GB extra with the tomharris plan but it expired june 30.

I think with out some sort of subsidizing like the Apega plan must do then theres no point in switching to any big 3 reseller.

I think for price plan stability its better to stick with Apega plan's though. No lock-in either.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 07-04-2018 at 12:54 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s the opposite. The Apega plan isn’t subsidized, that’s the raw cost of the service since they just resell to their members as a business account on Rogers network. If you were to sign up with a business account with rogers the cost is about the same. You lose a couple bells and whistles like free gamecenter or magazine subscriptions. Roam like home. Etc.

The consumer plans are all about device subsidizations and bundled garbage you don’t need that all increase the monthly price of the plans.
    Last edited by killramos; 07-04-2018 at 12:56 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/telu...-ymmv-2203419/

Tom Harris deal is shit.

iPhone X only got 4 months left in current cycle. Read that thread and see if you can get WINBACK promo with Telus.

I called them yesterday to get 2 addition lines with same price.
    $76 10GB shareable $0 Iphone X and Iphone 8 plus

They told me Max was 3 lines per account.
    I guess YMMV but free iPhone X and $76 with 10GB is pretty sweet.

That's only $16x24 for an iPhone X if you consider 10GB BYOD last Christmas was $60.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-04-2018 at 03:12 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

She doesnt need 10GB data - i dont think she even needs 3GB data - most of the time she is on wireless as am I.

Now that the mom has moved in we are thinking of putting her on 3GB data on apega too and then sharing her data as she will use like a couple of 100megs per month maximum.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    She doesnt need 10GB data - i dont think she even needs 3GB data - most of the time she is on wireless as am I.

Now that the mom has moved in we are thinking of putting her on 3GB data on apega too and then sharing her data as she will use like a couple of 100megs per month maximum.
    Yeah but if you get 10GB for $76 with free iPhone X. That's way better than anything that has been posted so far.

And if you MIL is having brain issues, who know if she will blew the 10GB in 1 day running Netflix on it for a few hours. More data, pay less, why not?

BTW, Koodo has a deal that's cheaper than Telus if you insist on staying on Roger's network.
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-...-ymmv-2203581/

Sounds like $60/mth, some claims iPhone X is free, other say $99.

Seems like the big 3 are doing winback promos. Back to school in Aug is usually when the next fight for customer comes, this could be a prelude to that.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-04-2018 at 05:34 PM.

We used to use Tom Harris as our work broker and you definitely aren't going to get a deal out of them. Much better off through the normal channels IMO.

$91 for that plan is a giant rip off, no way would I sign that for 2 years. And if she doesn't need more than 3GB of data why pay for it? That's part of what's making the plan price so high.

We're also 2 months away from all the new iPhones - getting into one right now at full price is very silly IMO. It's going to lose a ton of value instantly in September.