Quantcast
Stay Away from Jiffy Lube - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Stay Away from Jiffy Lube

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

This reminds of the official beyond.ca used car salesmen, who the fuck cares if you paid the fee to be a sponsor, anyone who buysfrom a dealer and even worse, trade their car in (which by the way this new guy, vwcarsalesguy, actually goes in people's buy/sell and asks) is likely going to get screwed... oil change places, less likely, but as in this case, you can still get fucked. Now I don't have kidsso I have tons of time do my own changes but even if idid, I would make the time, I just can't accept the risk of going to ANY of these places, I could care less if there's a "beyond discount".

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This reminds of the official beyond.ca used car salesmen, who the fuck cares if you paid the fee to be a sponsor, anyone who buysfrom a dealer and even worse, trade their car in (which by the way this new guy, vwcarsalesguy, actually goes in people's buy/sell and asks) is likely going to get screwed... oil change places, less likely, but as in this case, you can still get fucked. Now I don't have kidsso I have tons of time do my own changes but even if idid, I would make the time, I just can't accept the risk of going to ANY of these places, I could care less if there's a "beyond discount".
    I'm having a hard time understanding what your point is exactly.

Reading OP's reviews was hard. I had to step away.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what your point is exactly.

Reading OP's reviews was hard. I had to step away.
    This whole thread was hard to read....

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    I had to check out op's google reviews and yeah i gotta agree this guy might be on the hard side to please lol At the end of the day though, this post is not really that out to lunch. He wasnt really asking for free random shit, he just wanted his cover replaced properly and im sure you all would too if you were in his shoes. Without proof theres no way to prove any prior damage so the responsibility is on the shop because they were the last guys to remove it and they did take responsibility. Where the problem comes is how it was repaired, they got him a new cover and instead of ordering new hardware(i think they claimed they did) they used random bolts and a zip tie to secure. I cant speak for the op but if this were me i would be livid too if i found out they used a zip tie to secure one bolt hole, the hole could be be rusted to shit but at least tell me. Op was getting this replaced because the first time they didnt supposedly secure it(they took fault which was good on the shop) so for them to do a half ass repair the second time on a new cover is pretty brutal imo. Zip ties instead of bolts is beyond amateur. I would also be willing to bet if this were just a random lube shop it would be a complete different scenario in here.
    +1

He's got some unhappy reviews. No big deal. He's got some 1 stars and also some 5 stars. Y'all keep bringing up Kent's name but he's not really the issue as much as it was the service techs who did the allegedly shoddy work.

The guy's had to go back to the shop twice already but you're giving him shit because he had the nerve to ask to get his car back in the condition he brought it in down to the bolt. The most incredible thing about this situation is that it all boils down to a petty conversation about a 5th bolt and rust.

People keep using the words "take responsibility" and I'm surprised to see people giving out kudos for a 3/4 job done. Jiffy Lube didn't buy him a new splash shield out of the kindness of their heart.

Shop says they ordered a new shield and hardware, but apparently ordered 3 OEM bolts, 1 silver bolt, and didn't want to order a 5th bolt because it looks rusted and naw fam, they don't replace broken parts.

If Kent is a straight shooter and Beyonders vouch for him, that's cool with me. You guys should really be focusing more on whether you agree that the techs did right by the OP with their fix and whether or not it was worth it to nickel and dime OP on a 5th bolt when they lost 5 to begin with and were already ordering 4 replacement ones.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4