Quantcast
Shaw Wide Open Internet 300 is out now! - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw Wide Open Internet 300 is out now!

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I streamed Netflix from Shaw open on the weekend. That is disappointing if it has been closed down.
    Sounds like its only affected at the location I'm at, there were people on other Open spots that had no trouble. I'll test a 3rd day tonight when I get there, but yesterday it was still no bueno without the VPN
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

So I talked to a Shaw billing rep with a very thick accent and he couldn't really give me answer why I wasn't getting the full modem discount but since "I was a nice guy" he would take $5 off ("all he could do").

I asked about the second IP address, yet again no explanation why one was $14.xx carried over from last month's transition and $9.xx for September but he said it was actually $4.81!

I asked to why my bill was completely different from what the rep told me he said he had no access to what the other rep did. I asked to talk with retentions or a manager and he said they wouldn't be able to help me??? In July the guy in retentions said he was able to get me 300 internet for $84.50 but with the $20 modem discount it works out to $82.50.

I thanked him for his time and said I'd pop into one of the Shaw locations to figure out my bill!

Oh ya, Telus fiber is available in my area now too (although the website isn't up to date)... guess I should have waited! FML
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i installed yesterday, i am still only hitting 150/20 on speedtest.... gonna have to do some more testing and probably have to call and get them to fix it.
    Last edited by Thaco; 08-17-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Popped into Shaw on Saturday, turns out some how they added a third IPv4 address ($4.81, you still get 2 free).

She refunded the $9.95.

No idea why my bill was so fucked up but she said to come back if my bill is still messed up next month!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Had Internet 300 for about a week so far, I don't do alot of gaming so the speed increase is unnoticeable. Some weird problems have been popping up though. When I load multiple tabs it seems like it's overloading and I lose my connection.

The tech said that this router has some sort of "band sweeping" function where it chooses whichever band is fastest but I had to log into the router to set it so that I can see both my 2.4g and 5g connections. I have some devices that can only access the 2.4g band so it gets confused.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Had Internet 300 for about a week so far, I don't do alot of gaming so the speed increase is unnoticeable. Some weird problems have been popping up though. When I load multiple tabs it seems like it's overloading and I lose my connection.

The tech said that this router has some sort of "band sweeping" function where it chooses whichever band is fastest but I had to log into the router to set it so that I can see both my 2.4g and 5g connections. I have some devices that can only access the 2.4g band so it gets confused.
    The tabs thing sounds more like a computer issue than an internet speed issue, but that is just my initial impression. Opening a bunch of tabs isn't even a blip on the radar for 300Mbps.

I don't think the new Shaw router is nearly as good as they say it is. Bridge it, buy a real router, and I suspect any connection related issues will disappear provided the service coming to your house is solid. It looks cool and is the heaviest router I've ever seen, so I'll give them that haha.

It's a single data point, but we did a bunch of testing at my parents place when they got their Internet 300 installed, and their $100 Costco router was better than the new Shaw unit in our testing for speed/range, etc.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just had Telus door to door guy try and convince me that Telus 75 was equivalent to Shaw 150. He also said every telus channel is 4k...

Kept shitting on Shaw's copper network despite the reason they max out at 75 for my place is Telus doesn't actually have fibre to my home

Door to door sales should be illegal...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just had Telus door to door guy try and convince me that Telus 75 was equivalent to Shaw 150. He also said every telus channel is 4k...

Kept shitting on Shaw's copper network despite the reason they max out at 75 for my place is Telus doesn't actually have fibre to my home

Door to door sales should be illegal...
    Should start calling Service Alberta on these guys... get them banded from door to door sales too!

One of the only things the NDP did right....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Name:  380D20A9-E239-4CA0-8F98-105385908725.png
Views: 635
Size:  3.9 KB

Bought a new HDD for the XB1X. Decided to redownload every game. Interesting that it at times downloads at 350mbps.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Bought a new HDD for the XB1X. Decided to redownload every game. Interesting that it at times downloads at 350mbps.
    Jesus, yea, I guess it makes sense now who the 300 plans are for :p

Was just searching for.VPN's and stumbled across this thread from 2011 :nuts:

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/331...?highlight=Vpn

My Ride
    Grimace

Anyone else have the fan on the XB6 modem just stay on constantly? Thing is so damn noisy and is on my desk currently is louder than my desktop itself. I will just try to get mine swapped out.

I've seen spikes to 43-44MB/s on newsgroups which is around 350Mbps. 330Mbps is what is does all day long though, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Anyone else have the fan on the XB6 modem just stay on constantly? Thing is so damn noisy and is on my desk currently is louder than my desktop itself. I will just try to get mine swapped out.
    Mine has been on the few times I've checked, but I can only hear it if I stick my head under my desk or hold my ear up to it. If it's super loud though something is probably wrong.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I've seen spikes to 43-44MB/s on newsgroups which is around 350Mbps. 330Mbps is what is does all day long though, for me at least.
    Mine has been on the few times I've checked, but I can only hear it if I stick my head under my desk or hold my ear up to it. If it's super loud though something is probably wrong.
    It isn't loud overall, just in comparison I suppose to the rest of the room. The fan has been on for about 48 hours straight now, and when I powercycle, upon coming back completely, it starts again. Never had issues like this before, maybe a firmware update or something was pushed. Mainly annoying as my desk is in my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    It isn't loud overall, just in comparison I suppose to the rest of the room. The fan has been on for about 48 hours straight now, and when I powercycle, upon coming back completely, it starts again. Never had issues like this before, maybe a firmware update or something was pushed. Mainly annoying as my desk is in my bedroom.

If the room was dead quiet I could probably hear it, but it depends on the environment you're in I guess. When I am at my computer 90% of the time I have sound of some kind. Even if the furnace is running though, I can't hear the fan - probably helps that it's under my desk and not on it. In your bedroom yeah I could see that being annoying, since presumably it would be as quiet as possible while you're trying to sleep.

If the room was dead quiet I could probably hear it, but it depends on the environment you're in I guess. When I am at my computer 90% of the time I have sound of some kind. Even if the furnace is running though, I can't hear the fan - probably helps that it's under my desk and not on it. In your bedroom yeah I could see that being annoying, since presumably it would be as quiet as possible while you're trying to sleep.
    Just get some tinnitus going, there's a lot you won't hear.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yup, thats why I keep my nas off too haha. Getting my wiring done finally real soon, but shaw is coming tomorrow to swap out the modem. Still happening tonight with it being the fan on whatever percent and then ramping up every once and a while. Pretty sure it was originally silent with minimal fan.

Yeah, I hate fan noise and spinning hard drive noise too. I spent the extra $10 and got the upgrade to magnetically levitated fans for the computer too. Quality of life thing.

I mean seriously, if its within earshot - you don't want to be bombarded with extra noise for however many extra years or decades you may have it sitting beside you. If its tucked away in a basement, no biggie.
    Trumps' signature is fraud by design.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Yeah, I hate fan noise and spinning hard drive noise too. I spent the extra $10 and got the upgrade to magnetically levitated fans for the computer too. Quality of life thing.

I mean seriously, if its within earshot - you don't want to be bombarded with extra noise for however many extra years or decades you may have it sitting beside you. If its tucked away in a basement, no biggie.
    Yup, my desktop is watercooled with only the corsair maglev fans and only ssds. Very quiet. New shaw modem seems to be the same as the last, still quite loud even without ramping the fan up. I guess I will suck it up until I can move it to the basement.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    i installed yesterday, i am still only hitting 150/20 on speedtest.... gonna have to do some more testing and probably have to call and get them to fix it.
    Mine's still shitty, but i really don't want to deal with a service call... ugh

Name:  tempsnip.png
Views: 545
Size:  56.6 KB
    User title molested by Rage2.

It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

600mbps incoming for everyone in this thread.

https://newsroom.shaw.ca/materialDet...lID=6442452175

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast