Quantcast
Maple - app-based Doctor Visits - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Maple - app-based Doctor Visits

Default Maple - app-based Doctor Visits

Saw some ads for this in my Sun Life app and decided to give it a try since i needed a prescription refilled and was too lazy to go wait at the doctor.

Overall pretty happy with it based on the 1 visit i had so far. Took about 10 minutes to see the doctor after i requested an appointment. Uploaded a picture of my current meds (asthma turbuhaler) and sent that in the chat window. He then asked a couple of basic questions like if it works for me, how long i've been using it etc, then at the end asked me to upload a pic of my ID to verify my identity then he wrote the prescription up for 2 more refills. After the doctor leaves you select which pharmacy and then they fax it over. Took about 10 mins in total.

Regular price is 30/month individual or 50/month family (paid yearly) but if you're with Sun Life for benefits you get 50% off. They also do 1-time visits but it's quite expensive compared to a yearly subscription. Also i'm pretty sure its eligible for HSA expenses but i haven't sent it in yet to confirm.

Anyone else used it? Website is https://www.getmaple.ca/
    Last edited by sabad66; 07-10-2018 at 01:21 PM.

My Ride
    V167

Telemedicine - I offer it free of charge to my patients, for refills of medications, sick note, review of lab results, xrays etc. The app we use lets us video conference with the patient. It's getting more popular these days and people are loving it. Find an MD who offers the service, why pay more?

I would personally never ever be assessing alot of the things these guys are doing via chat but thats just me.

We have this at the office too but I haven't used it yet. I think I even read that all Albertans have access to it. I think it's a great idea, and there were multiple options like face time, skype, etc. I just picture people contorting into weird positions to point the face time camera at something "IS THIS NORMAL?" haha