Quantcast
Nissan Rogue vs My House. 93 y/o driver ruins my day. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Rogue vs My House. 93 y/o driver ruins my day.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Nissan Rogue vs My House. 93 y/o driver ruins my day.

Posted a short video in the bad drivers thread, had a chance to edit a full video of all relevant footage today.

Friday the 13th delivers! At 11:37am, got notified on my ring.com doorbell of motion at the front door. I was busy in a meeting so ignored it. GF calls 30 seconds later and says I need to take a look. Yup, fucking carnage at the front door.

Drive home to deal with insurance (more in a bit). Took pics, talked to witnesses. 93 year old driver from the side street, foot slipped off the brakes, full throttle onto the main road. Steered right at full throttle, 4 wheel power drift up the curb, takes out bus stop sign, concrete bench, fence and into our stone monument wall which instantly stopped her. Through all that she missed the house (flying debris still damaged a bunch of shit), lamp post, gas meter, and our free community library that we installed. Could’ve been much worse.

Driver was fine according to witnesses, video shows she’s in good shape. Was taken away by ambulance as precaution. Yard is a disaster.

Insurance (TD) was a terrible experience. Not the company, but the idiots working there. Called them up as soon as I was in the car, 1 hour hold. Got redirected to overflow line, told them entire story, said someone will call me back within an hour. 3 hours later, nothing. I called back to complain, 45 min hold, and was told nobody has touched the case yet. They then escalated to their manager, and I was promised contractor would be dispatched and call me within 30. Nothing.

Called again this morning as soon as they opened at 9, on hold for 30, finally someone actually helpful to help me out. Actually started the case, dispatched service, and had a call back from service master in 1 min. 30 mins later, they show up and start the clean up work. Basically took them 22 hours to start the case, maybe I should switch to Intact, those commercials start the claim within 30 mins.

Will update throughout the claims process to see how things go.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

Have to admit when Bill switched me from Aviva to Intact, I was hesitant as I hated them when they were ING, but based on my last incident they are A-OK in my book

I get the 2 of 3 O's now

Where did that chair come from?
    Last edited by adam c; 07-14-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Chair for the driver? That was from our neighbors who came out to help. Most of the people in the video were our neighbors. Exception was the first woman that came to the driver. She was a witness.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

The old bat should be criminally charged. I drive around these city streets with my kids in the cars, and we allow these old fucking idiots to get behind the wheel? We don't allow fluoride into our water because idiots can't do science, and yet this is considered acceptable?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The old bat should be criminally charged. I drive around these city streets with my kids in the cars, and we allow these old fucking idiots to get behind the wheel? We don't allow fluoride into our water because idiots can't do science, and yet this is considered acceptable?
    Agreed. Luckily we weren’t home when this went down. Our kids are usually in that area of the house refilling their water guns. Would’ve eaten a ton of debris.

I know @spikerS mentioned on FB he’s choosy when it comes to lots but this is a 1 in a million event. I drove the path she came from and yea, she had to understeer badly to actually make this path. If she didn’t steer, she would’ve drove through the neighbors house and through an entire blocks worth of back yards. Glad she actually steered.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Agreed. Luckily we weren’t home when this went down. Our kids are usually in that area of the house refilling their water guns. Would’ve eaten a ton of debris.
    That's actually the first thing I thought when I saw that first video: good thing there weren't children in the yard. Everything else can be replaced or repaired and laughed at.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

I know @spikerS mentioned on FB he’s choosy when it comes to lots but this is a 1 in a million event. I drove the path she came from and yea, she had to understeer badly to actually make this path. If she didn’t steer, she would’ve drove through the neighbors house and through an entire blocks worth of back yards. Glad she actually steered.
    I know it is a 1 in a million event, but I have seen them SO often. Like, when house shopping, i look which way traffic will normally be going in the eventings/nights, and consider drunk drivers understeering and travelling too fast, so I won't buy a house on that outside corner, but the inside of the corner is fine.

It's stupid and silly, I know, but I have seen so many houses get hit in this scenario, and pulled a couple drunk people out of their vehicles after crashing (because in the 2 instances I have done this, they severed the gas main at the meter, and leaving them in their vehicle with that kind of explosion risk kinda over rules any spinal cord or neck injury). But I have seen this event at least a half dozen times.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

It's almost as bizarre as the truck that went into Heninger Toyota on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    My grandfather was well into his 80's before he stopped driving, ill health stopped him but I first hand witnessed him put his mid-70's Olds Toranado through spaces that a normal driver never would've attempted. And he knew only one speed it seemed, full throttle for that 455 big block Olds.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I know it is a 1 in a million event, but I have seen them SO often. Like, when house shopping, i look which way traffic will normally be going in the eventings/nights, and consider drunk drivers understeering and travelling too fast, so I won't buy a house on that outside corner, but the inside of the corner is fine.

It's stupid and silly, I know, but I have seen so many houses get hit in this scenario, and pulled a couple drunk people out of their vehicles after crashing (because in the 2 instances I have done this, they severed the gas main at the meter, and leaving them in their vehicle with that kind of explosion risk kinda over rules any spinal cord or neck injury). But I have seen this event at least a half dozen times.
    A couple houses on the main drive in Cranston got nailed a few years back when a guy (died behind the wheel?) and then plowed through 2 garages.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/driver-de...ages-1.2621233

Its definitely something to consider when buying a place
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Jesus. Carnage! Any pics of the damage since all the debris has been removed?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Holy crap! Glad no kids were nearby, could have been pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Have to admit when Bill switched me from Aviva to Intact, I was hesitant as I hated them when they were ING, but based on my last incident they are A-OK in my book

My agent offered to switch me from Intact to Aviva to save some money. I've had 3 claims on my CTS all 3 were handled extremely well by Intact so I was not interested in switching.

Rage: Hope your claims and repairs go well.

My Ride
    This and that.

Damn. Sorry to hear about this man. Insurance will take care of the monetary loss, thankfully no one was hurt.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Wow.. Maybe it was the shock realisation that England were out of the world cup.. it just took a while to sink into the old persons head.. When it fianlly did.. it was all too much..

On a serious note..sorry to hear.. I dont know whats worse.. the accident or the insurance struggling to get the claim started.

My dad stopped driving in his late 60's. How is this person is still driving in thier 90's..? Like how..?

My Ride
    something green

No rogue jokes? hmm.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I just watched again. That farwestoutdoor.com sign that goes spinning by, is a friggin bus bench is it not? I saw the bus stop sign go by a second later.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Wow.. Maybe it was the shock realisation that England were out of the world cup.. it just took a while to sink into the old persons head.. When it fianlly did.. it was all too much..

On a serious note..sorry to hear.. I dont know whats worse.. the accident or the insurance struggling to get the claim started.

My dad stopped driving in his late 60's. How is this person is still driving in thier 90's..? Like how..?
    Age should not be a measurement of one's ability to operate a vehicle. One's competency should pretty much be the only factor, I see plenty of drivers that are much younger than 60 that probably shouldn't have a driver's license. The problem is that once you get your DL, you're generally good to go until I believe it is 65 and then you start to have to physical exams although I'm not sure how often.

What would be a great thing is if the government brought in random driver testing, have the GOA take back control of licensing and randomly test people when they come in to renew their license or registration. Then maybe you'd catch some of these bozos like the one that took out rage2's fence and shit. Hell, I've been driving for over 40 years and not one retest. Pay my money every five years is the only requirement although that physical thing is under a decade away now.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Hell, I've been driving for over 40 years and not one retest. Pay my money every five years is the only requirement although that physical thing is under a decade away now.
    Not to mention that's without the use of winter tires

My Ride
    Axis powers

Age should not be a measurement of one's ability to operate a vehicle. One's competency should pretty much be the only factor, I see plenty of drivers that are much younger than 60 that probably shouldn't have a driver's license. The problem is that once you get your DL, you're generally good to go until I believe it is 65 and then you start to have to physical exams although I'm not sure how often.

What would be a great thing is if the government brought in random driver testing, have the GOA take back control of licensing and randomly test people when they come in to renew their license or registration. Then maybe you'd catch some of these bozos like the one that took out rage2's fence and shit. Hell, I've been driving for over 40 years and not one retest. Pay my money every five years is the only requirement although that physical thing is under a decade away now.
    How close are you to retest age?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I disagree. It should be measurment in terms of having physicals, eye tests etc once someone reaches 65 or 70 at least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast