Quantcast
How many insurance claims have you made in your life? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How many insurance claims have you made in your life?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero, zilch, none

22 17.89%
  • 1-3

79 64.23%
  • 4-6

16 13.01%
  • 7-9

4 3.25%
  • 10+

2 1.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many insurance claims have you made in your life?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

4 I guess. 2 house and 2 car claims
    1 not at fault accident that someone turned left in front of m
    1 car hail claim
    1 theft from my garage
    1 house hail claim

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

7-9 camp here.

0 - at fault claims
    2 vandalism claims 1 had my truck broken into and about $8k worth of stereo equipment stolen, other time was for someone kicking my truck door and creasing it bad enough that it caused a dinner plate sized chip to come off
    2 - hit and run claims - one we caught the fucker as he tried to take off, cops picked him up 30 mins later. other time, nfc who it was
    1 - T-boned a lady pulling out of a parking lot (she turned the wrong way and then stopped when she saw me, but too late for me to stop)
    2 - been rear ended in my old grand am, and current truck
    1 - got T-boned in the side of my red F150 by a lady in a home depot parking lot
    1 - hail damage claim in my current truck

and that is all i can remember at the moment. Been driving and insured since 1996.
    Last edited by spikerS; 07-16-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford F150

2, both with Intact.

1 auto claim. Southland bus was backing across a parking lot (through empty rows), drove right into my parked truck. Claim was a breeze.

1 home claim as a tenant. Condo above me flooded (frozen baseboard line we were told). Far, far more aggravating to deal with. Ended up getting Intact to change our rep we were dealing with. Was never reimbursed for stolen property (condo board had access to unit, people were in and out of our place without our knowledge when the flood was first discovered).
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My first claim was an "at fault" claim. Sent the 944 Turbo to Southcenter Porsche for regular maintenance, they crashed the front of the car, then parked the car into a ridiculously tight spot for me to pick up so I couldn't see the damage. Discovered it on the drive home as the fender liner was rubbing against the tire on right turns. Since I didn't see it when I left, no proof it wasn't me, and got dinged for my first and only at-fault accident.

My next 2 claims were on my SLK32 through AMA. Both were not at fault rear end accidents. There's a thread buried here about it, but AMA treated me like shit even tho I wasn't at fault, and wouldn't renew because I AutoX'd the car. Switched to TDMM since then.

Next claim was the famous brother stole my E55 crash. Since he was on TDMM as well, they were able to give him the "at fault" as long as he stuck with TDMM.

Next claim was not at fault again, someone crashed into my HPF M3 during a test drive after an alternator replacement.

On the home insurance side, single hail damage claim for roof and siding.

I've actually had 0 problems with TDMM until this recent claim. They've been insuring my heavily modded cars at assessed value, HPF being a great example. Claims have always been easy. I chalk this latest claim (so far) due to a shitty/lazy rep. The rep that I dealt with Saturday morning was the level of experience I've previously had with my claims experience.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The only issue I had with my last claim was they wasted my time over a miscommunication. Told me I had to come up to their shop in the NE inside a carstar, despite my insistence that I wasn’t having my car repaired at carstar. Got there, did the inspection and all the sudden they wanted me to book it in for repair there. To which I said, no I am just here for you to see and asses he damage. We haven’t even had the conversation about where I am getting it repaired yet.

I was only annoyed because I had to ditch work for it and we were quite busy at the time and I got a lot of flack for it.

Then they needed to send out a different third party claims guy to come see the damage before I could book it into the shop of my choice. Probably not their fault, they just didn’t expect me to put my foot down about repairs at. The shop of my choice. Fortunately this time buddy met me downtown so it was only 10 minutes out of my day.

Good tip for anyone who uses them in the future to be abundantly clear that you won’t be choosing their preferred shop earlier in the process if that is your intention. Apparently process changes completely.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

20yrs of driving
    10yrs of owning home built in 1950's.

Pisses me off when I see neighbours claiming hail damage every other year on their house. Also has a 2001 vehicle paint looks brand new. Asked who power polished the paint as I was curious. Turns out, he's been in over 10 accidents with the car so he said, insurance pays for the new paint.

Driving since 94.
    1 at fault vehicle accident in 97. Dumb accident, was driving with a friend and he told me to look at something then car in front of me slammed on brakes and I ran into them, minor damage. No accidents since and I've had driving jobs for 5-6 years with no issues.
    1 home sewer backup/flood in 99 - Cooperators, no issues, fully covered
    1 home sewer backup/flood in 2001 (different house) - Cooperators, no issues, fully covered
    1 (wife) not at fault car accident in 2011 - about $6000 in damage and vehicle was repaired - Johnson Inc/Clay Robinson, no issues but the repaired side starting rusting after 2 years and I called in but they wouldn't do anything but the car started rusting in other areas so we sold it shortly after.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I've actually had 0 problems with TDMM until this recent claim. They've been insuring my heavily modded cars at assessed value, HPF being a great example. Claims have always been easy. I chalk this latest claim (so far) due to a shitty/lazy rep. The rep that I dealt with Saturday morning was the level of experience I've previously had with my claims experience.
    I'm sure thats it. My only 2 claim experiences with TDMM have been painful and the reps have been useless. So many phone calls (and being put on hold) to get answers from TDMM. I feel like I always did more work to move the repairs/claims forward then they ever did.

Also make sure you have rental car coverage on the main vehicle you drive and check your annual paperwork for what is actually included/not! lol

We told TDMM after they lost the insurance quote for our house (and raised our premiums) that we were leaving TDMM, they didn't seem to really care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The only issue I had with my last claim was they wasted my time over a miscommunication. Told me I had to come up to their shop in the NE inside a carstar, despite my insistence that I wasn’t having my car repaired at carstar. Got there, did the inspection and all the sudden they wanted me to book it in for repair there. To which I said, no I am just here for you to see and asses he damage. We haven’t even had the conversation about where I am getting it repaired yet.

I was only annoyed because I had to ditch work for it and we were quite busy at the time and I got a lot of flack for it.

Then they needed to send out a different third party claims guy to come see the damage before I could book it into the shop of my choice. Probably not their fault, they just didn’t expect me to put my foot down about repairs at. The shop of my choice. Fortunately this time buddy met me downtown so it was only 10 minutes out of my day.

Good tip for anyone who uses them in the future to be abundantly clear that you won’t be choosing their preferred shop earlier in the process if that is your intention. Apparently process changes completely.
    Exactly what happened to me with TDMM 2 years ago!

I told them I was going to EcoDent, they told me to go to their pop up shop anyways, I get there and exact same thing happened. Guy there was giving me shit for taking up an appointment of his. Fucking clowns.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Two claims - both with TDMM.
    -1 vehicle when I wrapped my old 240SX around a light post - at fault (2005)
    -1 home when my mountain bike was stolen (2016)
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    20yrs of driving
    10yrs of owning home built in 1950's.

Pisses me off when I see neighbours claiming hail damage every other year on their house. Also has a 2001 vehicle paint looks brand new. Asked who power polished the paint as I was curious. Turns out, he's been in over 10 accidents with the car so he said, insurance pays for the new paint.
    Me too! I don't feel like the cost of people at fault or people with multiple claims is being past on to them.

Shit keeps going up but I've never made a claim... came close for some water damage but paid out of pocket because it was cheaper.

21yrs of driving
    8yrs 50's home
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
    I don't feel like the cost of people at fault or people with multiple claims is being past on to them.
    nope it isn't. But then again, that's how the insurance industry works, you insure classes of people against classes of risk. For not-a-fault claims, like weather, theft and vandalism, you can't raise an individuals rate because of claims history.

Maybe you should be able to. But then again that's not the system we have.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    nope it isn't. But then again, that's how the insurance industry works, you insure classes of people against classes of risk. For not-a-fault claims, like weather, theft and vandalism, you can't raise an individuals rate because of claims history.

Maybe you should be able to. But then again that's not the system we have.
    I'll have to be honest, I was thinking of you!

Maybe mr2mike was too!!
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I am pretty legendary for my hail claims, I get it. I've had way more than most people. It's funny, no offense taken.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    I'm sure thats it. My only 2 claim experiences with TDMM have been painful and the reps have been useless.
    So aside from the Friday idiots promising to do something but did absolutely nothing, things have been going very smoothly since the Saturday AM call, who promised that cleanup crew will contact me in 30 mins, and adjuster will call on Tuesday. Cleanup crew called within a minute and arrived and started cleaning up within 30. Monday the project manager for the clean up crew came out to ensure we were happy with the cleanup (we were) and to start putting together a rough quote as they usually do the repair work as well for TD. Adjuster called on Tuesday and have been updating on the situation. They needed me to get the police report (both TD and Arbour Lake couldn't get the police report for some reason) so now they have the insurance info of the driver.

It's quite a difficult case apparently as it deals with 3 parties and 3 insurance providers. Calgary Transit for the bus stop, me for my fence and house damage, and Arbour Lake for the stone monument wall. Good times.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4Runner

1 Claim, hit a deer with my Rav4 deemed total loss. Insurance Wawanesa, super easy to deal with everything went smoothly and even got a higher payout than i initially wanted which was a major plus!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    2. Both not at fault.

1 was in at a red light, semi started going when it was red. Crushed my bumper/tailight and trunk in the 240sx in 2013.

2nd, was last month, car parked on street at work. Came out from my shift and trunk lid was dented in, tailight broken. No note, hit and run but several witnesses seen a City truck working behind my vehicle on the nearby fire hydrant
    Man that sucks. How many months have you had the Q for now?

I want Mar to reply in this thread. That dude probably tops everyone here combined for claims

My Ride
    V167

Have had my license since age 16, now I'm 33. Made my first claim ever this year, hit and run. my Infiniti was side swiped while parked. It was through TDMM and was the most painless experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So aside from the Friday idiots promising to do something but did absolutely nothing, things have been going very smoothly since the Saturday AM call, who promised that cleanup crew will contact me in 30 mins, and adjuster will call on Tuesday. Cleanup crew called within a minute and arrived and started cleaning up within 30. Monday the project manager for the clean up crew came out to ensure we were happy with the cleanup (we were) and to start putting together a rough quote as they usually do the repair work as well for TD. Adjuster called on Tuesday and have been updating on the situation. They needed me to get the police report (both TD and Arbour Lake couldn't get the police report for some reason) so now they have the insurance info of the driver.

It's quite a difficult case apparently as it deals with 3 parties and 3 insurance providers. Calgary Transit for the bus stop, me for my fence and house damage, and Arbour Lake for the stone monument wall. Good times.
    May I ask where you live?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

rage2 lives in Arbour Lake.

Damn, that senile menace lives too close to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast