Quantcast
Galaxy Note 9 $1500 US dollars? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Note 9 $1500 US dollars?

Default Galaxy Note 9 $1500 US dollars?

Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Those prices are in Euros which almost always include ~20% VAT and don't amount to accurate USD conversions. Did you read your own article? They also point that out, and go on to suggest a price of $1000 USD - your thread title is rather misleading.

Take out VAT and it's basically exactly the same price as the equivalent year-old iPhone X which has a much smaller, lower resolution screen, half the storage, and does not come with a stylus. I'd bet the 6.5" 2018 iPhone X will be the new high price king. In Europe the iPhone X is 1350 Euros for the 256GB version, in the USA it's $1149 - not $1600. You can't look at Euros for reliable price estimates. Cameras and other consumer electronics work exactly the same way.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-25-2018 at 02:00 PM.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Will it come with triple camera??
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you read your own article?

Asking ZenOps that is like asking Trump if he did a mental check before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Will it come with triple camera??
    No, just the usual 2-rear 1-front setup. Rumor has it the GS10 will have triple cameras though.

Tax always varies by country. Technically I should not have stated USD with no tax, but CDN with at least GST if not extra on top because Canada always pays more than retail and is usually at least three months behind on new tech.

So I can imagine maybe not quite $2,000 Canadian? Haha!

Mind you, if the USA ends up putting a tariff or trade barrier on phones from the Asia region, who knows what prices will be like. Its probably safer to quote everything in Euros on the small chance that Trump decides to ban phones.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-25-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Wait .. but all the IPhones are made in China as well, so, Trump will ban iphone as well??

Or .. the next iPhone will be made in USA .. and sell for $3K ? lol
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I mean good god, imagine 15 years ago (2003) walking around with a ~2000 CAD device in your pocket that gets carried around for 10 hours a day, beat to fuck, dropped etc.

You'd probably say we are idiots for putting that kind of money into something that is so perishable. I was pissed off when I dropped my QWERTY Nokia phone into a river once but it survived after drying - however my next gen nokia did not survive a drop into a puddle of melted salt and slush downtown.
    Last edited by revelations; 07-25-2018 at 08:05 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I mean good god, imagine 15 years ago (2003) walking around with a ~2000 CAD device in your pocket that gets carried around for 10 hours a day, beat to fuck, dropped etc.

You'd probably say we are idiots for putting that kind of money into something that is so perishable. I was pissed off when I dropped my QWERTY Nokia phone into a river once but it survived after drying - however my next gen nokia did not survive a drop into a puddle of melted salt and slush downtown.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...?p=363#post363

Haha fuck nothing’s changed for me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I still remember back to 2007, when I bought my first iphone, for just ~$300, unlocked, from Apple store ..

And my friends : "Damn, $300 for a phone with just ONE button??? my Nokia is cheaper with more bottons ! $300 for a phone from a computer company? I keep my SE ... "

And now, how many teenage girls and senior people are using $1500 iphone .. and spending $100+ per month on plan ...
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Thanks for reminding me I paid way too damn much for my first cell phone I think in 1996, Motorola Microtac (I think) but it didn't have a flip open mouth piece. With the extra slim battery it was...gulp...$800

I did learn how to put it in diagnostic mode to peruse other cell channels for entertainment

Heh the V60, good times. I remember being "so excite" over the new Motorola Digital Lite coming out after a year of having the original 650.

I also remember buying one of the first StarTac batch of 12 that came into Calgary, spending a meager(ridiculous) $2200 with the 2 extra piggy back large batteries for a stupid phone.

Phones seemed to have gained in capability at an equal rate of decreasing in longevity/toughness, vis a vis Revalations post. I put all the Motorola phones from the 650, Star Tacs, Vadrs, Razrs, Krazrs, etc through some things that no iPhone or Android phone I've owned would survive.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 07-27-2018 at 04:47 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I also remember buying one of the first StarTac batch of 12 that came into Calgary, spending a meager $2200 with the 2 extra piggy back large batteries for a stupid phone.
    Startac VIP at $2400 is still the most expensive phone I’ve ever purchased. The only thing special is that it was black. Thats it for double the price of the regular dark grey startac. That’s gotta be over $3k adjusted for inflation haha.

Name:  B3D1D12D-B21F-4644-9FC3-2941D09FD4B1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  87.3 KB
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Startac VIP at $2400 is still the most expensive phone I’ve ever purchased. The only thing special is that it was black. Thats it for double the price of the regular startac. That’s gotta be over $3k adjusted for inflation haha.
    Ditto. Mine was gray, hence the $200 discount, haha. If I had a dollar for every comment in the first 6 months of having that phone to the tune of "is that a phone and not a pager?"......

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Thus when the iphone was out, ~$300 was a bargain, and most other SE phones were over $1K .. I think my Ericsson was $1500 or so? even some Motorola "Razor" (something like that) or whatever Startac/Micro tac were all over $1K .. crazy month back then ... when rent was only $500 .. lol but cell phone was a trend back then!
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    This and that.

I remember I was in first year university at the UofC when the Razr got announced. So 2004. I don’t know how but I put together a freaking grand and pulled all stops to get my hands on it before anyone else...and I did. But yea...those were the days too.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

haha, you guys have always been baller ////// b

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    haha, you guys have always been baller ////// b
    Back in the day I’d call it financially irresponsible and reckless. Spend $2400 on a phone, survive on $2 assorted sub at Thi Thi.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I had the razr when it was a pretty old phone. Actually still have one, and I'd say it was the perfect flip phone. Wife and I had pink and silver ones. The pink one survived, but these days, my gaf is low enough I'd rock a pink phone no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast