Quantcast
Info on new Ducati dealer? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Info on new Ducati dealer?

Default Info on new Ducati dealer?

Hey all,

I got a used Scrambler just recently knowing that there is a valve adjustment that needs to be done on it in 2000kms. Now that Bow Cycle North is closed, they moved operations down to the south shop which isn't a big deal I guess. But I called them last week about some tires and was told they are now no longer a Ducati dealer either. Reading between the lines, it sounded like Ducati dropped them but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is Ducati moving to another existing dealer? Also does anyone recommend a shop that is willing to do a valve adjustment on the desmo engine? Blackfoot wouldn't even change a rear tire for if it was on the bike because its not one of their bikes. Thanks!

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Edmonton, Kelowna, Saskatoon or Spokane, those are you closest options.

Ducati dropped the new owners from what i heard. My buddy is in the same boat, bought a new v4 and come to find out he has to take it to edmonton for the first service.

Sportcycle is probably who id go to for any duc work but your bikes probably under warranty so id probably go to a ducati dealer just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    ute

Calgary has always been short changed on Duc dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Ducati dropped the new owners from what i heard. My buddy is in the same boat, bought a new v4 and come to find out he has to take it to edmonton for the first service.

Sportcycle is probably who id go to for any duc work but your bikes probably under warranty so id probably go to a ducati dealer just in case.
    Awesome, I didn't know these guys existed. My new(used) bike is a 2015 so it is out of warranty. Shitty for your friend, I'd be pretty choked. Plus that ride up to Edmonton really sucks. When I went to the South Bow Cycle 2 weeks ago, it looked like they were building displays and signage for the Ducati products and they had bikes in there already. Bunch of wasted money right there I guess. Thanks for you help!

My Ride
    06 S2000

I had no idea Bow Cycle North closed. Any idea why?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ something about lease being prohibitively expensive, so owner wanted to run it out of the other location. Then ducati came back and said other location isn’t big enough to meet their reseller requirements so they dropped BC as authorized reseller and service provider.

It’s a mess, heard of someone who’s bike was in for warranty work and in pieces in the shop, but once they were dropped they weren’t allowed touching it anymore so he had to get the bike and it’s various parts crated to Edmonton to finish the work or risk losing warranty. Mess.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kirberman View Post
    Awesome, I didn't know these guys existed. My new(used) bike is a 2015 so it is out of warranty. Shitty for your friend, I'd be pretty choked. Plus that ride up to Edmonton really sucks. When I went to the South Bow Cycle 2 weeks ago, it looked like they were building displays and signage for the Ducati products and they had bikes in there already. Bunch of wasted money right there I guess. Thanks for you help!
    They have been doing Ducati service work for years.

Quote Originally Posted by kirberman View Post
    Be glad you're out of warranty lol Sportcycle is nothing like these huge fancy dealers but talk to Brian the owner or Jun the other tech and you'll realize quick these are your guys for Duc. They really do live and breathe ducati. He got fucked over too by duc, they dropped him too because he wasnt fancy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s a mess, heard of someone who’s bike was in for warranty work and in pieces in the shop, but once they were dropped they weren’t allowed touching it anymore so he had to get the bike and it’s various parts crated to Edmonton to finish the work or risk losing warranty. Mess.
    My buddy ran into a similar situation, took his bike in for the first service and they called him back a week later telling him they cant do it anymore because theyre no longer the duc dealer and hes gotta go take it to edmonton on his own dime.

Im not surprised bow cycle north is done though, they have a beautiful store but thats it. I went there on a sat a couple months after they opened and they ignored me the whole time, im younger so i get it. When i went up top i ran into the only other customer in there and it was a 50 ish caucasion guy and we chatted and sure enough he got the shaft too lol I was kinda glad to hear that because i thought i got ignored for how i looked. Went back a couple times because im in the NW and similar experiences. My buddy who bought the v4 got ignored too but he had no choice to buy from them lol Needed tires so i called around and for the same set they were $75 more than GW, ask them to price match because theyre closer and nope. Hopefully the new ownership cleans this up
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I also had a buddy walk into Bow Cycle North, sit on a bike, exclaim out loud "I would like to buy this bike", and have no one talk to him. He took his business to Pro-Am, and bought the bike (FJ-09).
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

http://motorradperformance.com/services/ they do Ducati work. Apparently really good. Brent from Too Cool takes his Ducati down there and he recommended it to me.