Quantcast
Best Used Semi-Pro Full Frame DSLR - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Best Used Semi-Pro Full Frame DSLR

My Ride
    E46 M3

Default Best Used Semi-Pro Full Frame DSLR

Looking to move up from my Canon 60D. I figure I'd upgrade my lens and body to a full frame at the same time to take full advantage.

I'm leaning towards the Canon 6D vs 5D MK II. Can't afford anything else out of that budget. The 6D comes with a 24-105 f/4 L as well, so I think I might go for that but wanted some opinions. My only gripe is that neither full frame has the tilting screen for when I shoot video or have tough angles.

I don't know what your exact budget is, but a Canon 6D + 24-105 bundle is ~$2500 so I will assume that. You will not find better overall value than in a Nikon D750. If you have to buy a new lens anyway, that would be the easy decision in my opinion. You also get your tilting screen and an enormously better camera than either a 6D or 5DM2. You can buy a refurb D750 + 24-120/4 for $2500 which is good value with warranty. If you don't mind buying from the USA, refurbs can be had for as little as $1199 USD.

This is a not a bad deal with those 2 lenses and OBO price assuming he'll move a bit:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-camera-camco...ationFlag=true

Lots of lightly used D750 bodies in the USA for ~$1000 if you want to pay a little bit extra for shipping:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/top...=d750#14533197

If all that is too expensive, you can get a D600/D610 for well under $1000 these days which also have much better spec than a 6D or 5DM2. You lose the tilt screen though.

If you have any desire to go Mirrorless, wait until September before you buy anything.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking to move up from my Canon 60D. I figure I'd upgrade my lens and body to a full frame at the same time to take full advantage.

Curious why you're wanting to go full frame?

Myself, I shoot mostly wildlife so the crop factor helps me, my 70D will probably do me for quite a while still, sure love the screen and AF for video.
    Yeah I'd like the lower noise of full frame, and I'd like my 16-35 L to really be 16 sometimes, but can't justify it yet.

Keeping an eye on the mirrorless developments interesting times ahead there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anuone have Coles of mirrorless developments?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Nikon released a teaser video of a new mirrorless camera, and a new lens mount. Many online vloggers have videos out with much speculation.

Search Youtube Nikon Mirrorless and check 'em out

My Ride
    rally pig

if you're comfortable with Canon body style, then 5DII or 6D will be more than enough for most photographers, what are you shooting btw?
    if you want to move to Nikon, then I would go atleast D750, would avoid the D600/D610 as to me the body felt chunky in weird places making it uncomfortable to hold.

have you looked at mirrorless, used A7 is cheaper than a pro-DSLR and has tilt-screen, A7II goes for around the same price as 5DII/6D.
    to me, unless you shoot people/events for money I wouldnt bother getting a DSLR anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post

Myself, I shoot mostly wildlife so the crop factor helps me,
    Cropping a FF image to 1.5X is literally the same thing, so you aren't missing out on that if you go FF. If cropped pixel density is a concern though, you can (almost) match that as well with something like the D850 in crop mode but it does require you to buy the higher MP versions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What do you want to know?

Nikon has 2 full frame mirrorless cameras being announced on August 23 that will go head to head with the Sony A73 and A7R3. They apparently have two more APS-C mirrorless cameras scheduled for announcement before year end.

Fuji's X-T3 will be announced in September as well.

Due to sensor and lens size, there isn't much size/weight savings outside of pancake lenses with full frame mirrorless, so basically it's whether or not you want access to certain features exclusive to mirrorless.

The main drawbacks of mirrorless are the same as they have always been but they have got better (EVF quality, AF, battery life, and ergonomics).

My Ride
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

What is your budget?