Quantcast
Euthanizing a cat - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Euthanizing a cat

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Euthanizing a cat

Just seeing if anyone has had the in home service done. Who did you go through and what was the total cost? Our cat is now 18 and although he is still mobile, his incontinence is starting to get the better of him. I reckon it's about time to start looking into this.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

I suggest something like Vets To Go - they come to your home where your pet is comfortable and make the process a lot easier. Friends & family have used them and feedback was very positive. A service like that is ideal for these types of things IMO and they help with everything afterwards. As for cost I am sorry I don't know. Sorry to hear

https://vetstogo.com/euthanasia/

My Ride
    95B

Sorry to hear.
    We used Vets To Go for one of our dogs as she was paralyzed. Given the circumstances they did a very good job. I will recommend them. I believe it was around $400 that includes cremation as well.

My Ride
    Ford

gonna have put our meower down soon also. Stage 3 kidney disease. need to give him an i.v. every 2-3 days as anything he drinks just goes right into the litter box.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

At Stage 3, you should be giving daily injections. If you want a box of needles for it, pm me. Ours had stage 4 and we just put him down a few months ago, I have a almost full box of them left over. (with the wings, and flex tube which make it easier)

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At Stage 3, you should be giving daily injections. If you want a box of needles for it, pm me. Ours had stage 4 and we just put him down a few months ago, I have a almost full box of them left over. (with the wings, and flex tube which make it easier)
    just doing what the vet said. we only got diagnosis less then 2 weeks ago.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    2001 Honda Civic Si; 06 Mazda 3 GT

+1 for Vets to Go as well. Less than 2 years ago, our cat had to be put to rest as well after 17 years due to last stage kidney disease and diabetes. The vet was very sympathetic and respectful throughout the entire process. They waived their visitation/diagnosis fee for us since it was fairly obvious to them that nothing more could be done to make him more comfortable as he was struggling to walk and lost his appetite considerably. They performed the procedure in our home with him on my wife's lap and informed us of what to expect in the final moments. They can then take the body to be cremated or they can leave it for you to bring to the humane society yourself if you prefer. All in with tax, it was just under $290.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiggles View Post
    +1 for Vets to Go as well. Less than 2 years ago, our cat had to be put to rest as well after 17 years due to last stage kidney disease and diabetes. The vet was very sympathetic and respectful throughout the entire process. They waived their visitation/diagnosis fee for us since it was fairly obvious to them that nothing more could be done to make him more comfortable as he was struggling to walk and lost his appetite considerably. They performed the procedure in our home with him on my wife's lap and informed us of what to expect in the final moments. They can then take the body to be cremated or they can leave it for you to bring to the humane society yourself if you prefer. All in with tax, it was just under $290.
    Just went through the same thing yesterday evening although we had to do it at our vet because Covid-19 but they accommodated our wishes and it was a very peaceful event. It's tough watching a cherished family member wither away - Larry was with us for almost 16 years and was any where from 18-20 years old. We didn't know his actual age because he was a Meow Foundation kitty who selected us. Amazing to think he's been around for over a quarter of my life, gonna miss theat old cat - him and I were best buds.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Our 18 year old cat passed away peacefully beside me a few months ago. She was our first pet and I got so used to her sitting beside me everyday on the couch and lying beside me on my bed at night that the realization that she was not going to be around anymore hit me like a freight train. I lost my little buddy.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It's been two years and I still think about mine.

Our new cat is a bitch.

Choking up a bit in this thread. I had to put both our dogs down myself(at the vet) while my wife was away and it was the hardest thing ive ever done. The last time i went i couldnt even talk when i brought her in because i was crying so hard. I had a very weird moment this last time, she was 14 years old(dog) so she was an oldie, she also had kidney issues so we were on borrowed time the last couple months but still she was pretty active. Her last couple days we noticed she was deteriorating fast so we made the decision to put her down. For the last day she was pretty much bed ridden and not moving much, on the morning of i had to carry her in my truck and let her lay on my seat and the whole way no movement. When i got to the vet she popped right up so i rolled the window down for her and it was such a crazy moment because she put her head outside and looked towards the sky and just enjoyed enjoyed the moment like she knew it was her last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.