Quantcast
Build critique - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Build critique

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heh, as Kryn and I’ve discussed the Maximus XI is a dud. Literally in my case, died after 48 hours...blue screen then won’t post to bios...much testing of all parts later, and just after getting the build and software all dialed back in, it died. Serves me right for bragging about how few rmas I’ve done in 25 years recently...

Picking up a local Gigabyte or ASRock until Newegg sends a new one (first Newegg purchase too, and after I gave them such a bad time over their shipping policies....ruh roh raggy).
    Woo, that sucks. I think I am done with ASUS Rog products going forward. Which is unfortunate as up until now they have actually been quality. As the competitors get their BIOS figured out there is less and less reason to pay a premium for lower grade tech.

Let me know your thoughts on the Gigabyte and ASRock boards.

I was eligible for a free copy of COD BO4 from newegg because I purchased a motherboard and processor. Claiming my copy of the game was nearly impossible and had me on the phone 2 separate times with Newegg. It was a painful process but in the end I got it. I think I will continue to support them.

Asrock Taichi z390 has been a pleasant surprise. Excellent board so far, great bios which I wasn’t expecting, looks nice, build quality is there, rgb if you care about that is superior to Asus ROG IMO too. Running at 5.0 stable for a couple days now, the Gigabytes should be here next week along with hopefully some more cpus and gpus.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 11-18-2018 at 04:46 AM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

@Gman.45 as you seem to be the resident simulator guy, can you comment on what impact a high-end graphics card has on utilizing a VR headsets? I am assuming less than when powering a 2k or 4k monitor and attempting to achieve high frame rates on ultra high settings? I have bought myself a year subscription to iRacing as well as ordered a steering wheel and mount. Everyone on line seems to say that a VR headset is superior to any monitor setup.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6