Quantcast
Energy bill - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy bill

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by silvercivicsir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dang.. I thought my bill was high at $300.. I keep my place a balmy 17 degrees all the time.
    Lol that is pretty cold. We keeps ours between 19-21 degrees since the fall. I feel like the older homes get cooler faster as well. I guess gas is cheaper than having someone plug in a heater in all day.

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    Just wanted to see what other beyonders Enmax bill is. We live in a older bungalow 1100sqft. Seems to be average mid $400 monthly during the this cold snap. Or for the past 3 months or so. Everything is with Enmax, 2 adults upstairs and 2 adults in suite. Does it seem high or is that reasonable ?
    Same scenario and should be around $300. Depends if anyone is home during the day. If not, that allows you to crank the heat down by a lot. I'll rock 11 degrees no issue with pipes freezing for most of the day. Maybe 13 degrees when it was -28 and I was chicken.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    Just wanted to see what other beyonders Enmax bill is. We live in a older bungalow 1100sqft. Seems to be average mid $400 monthly during the this cold snap. Or for the past 3 months or so. Everything is with Enmax, 2 adults upstairs and 2 adults in suite. Does it seem high or is that reasonable ?
    I assume 1970s or older build without new windows?

1996 build, 2800sqft, 2 story, $480 last month for 2 adults, about 25% more than month before.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-22-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Wave of bill comparisons should be hitting soon. I usually supplement heat with 800 watts of electrical heating in the basement when its -25 nights even though its super expensive. Normally its no longer than a week, this time it was basically all Feb.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    *The First*

Mid Jan. to mid Feb gas bill was $110 for 14GJ at a supposed rate of about $1.75/GJ with Direct Energy Regulated Services. My January 3 to January 31 electric bill was $208 for 1100kWh at a supposed rate of $0.068/kWh. I say "supposed rate" because you can see that the fees account for 65-78% of the bills even though the commodity is dirt cheap.
    2100 sq-ft tight house with added 5kW garage heater holding 8degC and a 5kW steam shower (that isn't used that often.)
    21.5 while at home. 16.5 while out of house and 18.5 at night.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 03-06-2019 at 07:45 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Same scenario and should be around $300. Depends if anyone is home during the day. If not, that allows you to crank the heat down by a lot. I'll rock 11 degrees no issue with pipes freezing for most of the day. Maybe 13 degrees when it was -28 and I was chicken.
    I'm pretty sure this doesn't actually save any money due to the amount of time the system spends in recovery to get back to the 18-22 level you probably set it to when you're home. There's probably HVAC engineers or techs on beyond that are more qualified to give a better answer than me though; it's been discussed elsewhere on here.

Anecdotal evidence: we used to do that (let it go to 15 at night and during the day when we were working), now it's always at 18-21. No notable difference in consumption.

My Ride
    Ram

Just got my bill today. What’s up with the new city of calgary water treatment fees? An extra $200+ tacked onto the bill. Anyone get theirs yet?

My Ride
    *The First*

Jan 31 to Feb 28 power bill of $265 for 1,470kWh at a supposed charge of 6.8 ¢/kWh.
    This was the consistently coldest month I've ever seen.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    Just got my bill today. What’s up with the new city of calgary water treatment fees? An extra $200+ tacked onto the bill. Anyone get theirs yet?
    Mine was about $140 more than January, and by far the largest bill I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

What they said http://www.calgary.ca/UEP/Water/Page...-Rate-FAQ.aspx
    "In March 2019, we launched improvements to the water utility bill. The bill has been updated to make it easier to see the services you pay for, how the charges are calculated and where your money goes.There are no new fees. The new bill separates wastewater and stormwater services to show they are different services (formerly shown under wastewater and drainage). The stormwater service charge was the drainage service charge on your previous bill."

What I saw: no real difference actually
    My bill went up month over month, but that's also 6GJ more of gas, with each until $1/GJ more than last month.
    Last edited by jwslam; 03-18-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    Got my Enmax bill March 8th cycle and don't see a huge ass water treatment fee. . Granted my bill went from 298, to 343 to 434 in 2019 so far...

Water - T&S $31.xx, WW C&T $41.XX, Storm Mgmt $15.xx, Waste and Recyle $23.50 for a total of $111.52.

Elec was $151.xx and Gas $155.xx

I almost never check my bill, maybe I really should The NG section says Atco fixed charge $24.27, Atco variable charge $14.51, Rate Riders $7.89.... like what the fuck

I think this Friday or next I should probably spend some of my free time on friday looking into a switch or something. Cause $434 with a 2 person household of which i'm a 4/3 shift is fucking insane. I know Feb was cold, but damn... that or get off the variable.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'm pretty sure this doesn't actually save any money due to the amount of time the system spends in recovery to get back to the 18-22 level you probably set it to when you're home. There's probably HVAC engineers or techs on beyond that are more qualified to give a better answer than me though; it's been discussed elsewhere on here.

Anecdotal evidence: we used to do that (let it go to 15 at night and during the day when we were working), now it's always at 18-21. No notable difference in consumption.
    I see your point and not sure what the right answer is but I'm also looking at all my bills from 2016 to present.
    Highest month bill in 2017 for gas usage vs Feb which everyone says is the coldest it's been for the most consistent number of days and I went from 17.11GJ to 11.72GJ.
    Savings of $44. Yes, many variables at play but I'll take the savings.
    Not sure the nest has actually paid out though?!

$369 Enmax bill for the month of February, electric & gas combined, 2600 sq ft house @ 18/19 degrees with a 600 sq ft detached garage that is also heated, minimally. Most of the windows are still from 1977, though the last owner had the attics blown in and has R40 value.

Seems expensive, of course, but I used to pay $300+ a month on the Island where it might get to -10 at the lowest and very infrequently, so given it was -20 to -30 or colder all of February, I don't find the costs to be that bad. Get rid of the carbon tax and we're good.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by masoncgy View Post
    Seems expensive, of course, but I used to pay $300+ a month on the Island where it might get to -10 at the lowest and very infrequently, so given it was -20 to -30 or colder all of February, I don't find the costs to be that bad. Get rid of the carbon tax and we're good.
    The carbon tax is only like $15 on that bill. Probably the least expensive fee or tax on the entire thing, lol.

It was actually $45.37 or 12% of the total... not sure I love being punished for avoiding hypothermia in my own house and as mentioned I barely heat my house in the first place.

EDIT... the gas only portion of the bill was $263.50... 17% of that was carbon tax.
    Last edited by masoncgy; 03-18-2019 at 02:38 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Cost of natural gas went up! My bills for the past 2 spring months, are higher than any of my winter months bills. Da fuqqqqqq
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I'm seeing the same thing now. Nothing has dropped lower due to spring.. Just up and more up...

what was the NG floating rate the last few months? i'm on the Atco 3 for all plan so curious how i'm doing compared to if i went floating gas.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    what was the NG floating rate the last few months? i'm on the Atco 3 for all plan so curious how i'm doing compared to if i went floating gas.
    I'll double check again when I'm off work but IIRC I seen 3.87
    Last edited by dj_rice; 05-13-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    From past couple bills:

Feb 4-28: $3.15/GJ
    Mar 1-6: $4.14/GJ
    Mar 7-31: $2.34/GJ
    April 1-2: $1.37/GJ

Carbon Levy apparently will be going away by May 30th so everyone's bills should see a nice drop.
    ---

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast