Quantcast
Curious if anyone has successfully fought and won against tinted window tickets? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Curious if anyone has successfully fought and won against tinted window tickets?

My Ride
    FA20

Got 2 tickets in 2 months a couple years ago. $70 each. Probably doesn't help that I work close to the traffic unit cop shop

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'm running 35% rear, 50% front.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I’m not sure, but I have seen it done before in person by RCMP. There’s been documented cases with pictures here from cruises back in the day.

Kind of like the windshield?
    Side windows on dodge trucks are also laminate, from the factory.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

I guess I misunderstood your position then, my apologies. However, I still disagree with the reasoning behind the law.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Pretty sure that’s what 35% looks like at angles where there’s no light coming in from the other side. Pic #3 where you see outside the car through the side window is what it typically looks like on the road in terms of opacity.

Here’s my 35% at such an angle.

Attachment 82847

Rarely looks like that in real life.
    You would need a much close shot like OP did and your angle is not the same - neither is the sun, which appears to be slightly towards the rear of the car, casting a shadow from the seat. OPs photo has the sun beaming in dierectly from the front as well.

Anyways, 35% up front is where the sweet spot lies. Anything less leaves you at the mercy of the popo for easy pickings. My car is pretty rice too - probably more than OPs even - and never any issues.

- - - Updated - - -

(not my car) This is what type of tint I have always run, 35% up front and 20% rear

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride
    Ford

here is my tint-mobile https://imgur.com/zAfj05T
    owned it for 17 years now. since new. 2 tint tickets ever. the most recent one. 5 years ago was for $140 something. went to JP and got it reduced to the $70 something ticket.
    Last edited by blairtruck; 08-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Side windows on dodge trucks are also laminate, from the factory.
    Same with Ford. Probably every vehicle in the last few years.

My Ride
    K20A2

I had a tint ticket last month and I went to get it reduced and the jp asked if I took care of it. Told him I took it off right away when I got home and he threw out the ticket.
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Lucky you ... last time I got tinted window ticket, (long time ago) my car was towed, (the Cop won't let me drive) and he ripped off the tinted, (front) and I was on highway, in the middle of no where ...

So, I had to call my friends, picked me up from no where ... can't remember how much the ticket, but also cost to tow, store at their compound ...

Could be because it was a Red BMW ...

Was stopped at the check stop just couple month ago, the cop (Female, and HOT!) was "kindly" warned me about my tinted windows, but no ticket! (the tint is very light...)
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I just got my first tint ticket late last year, first one in about 4 years of having tint on all my vehicles. Daily drive only one ticket.... From an overzealous County Mountie "Be sure you get rid of that tint".... yeah no problem officer will get right on that

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I had limo on my old S-10 years ago. Drove it around for close to three years and not a single ticket. I have 20% on my F-150 and 35% on the Protege. One ticket in the Protege about 10 years ago.

Name:  6A5E103A-7DBB-455E-ABB3-F81855765F8D.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  24B6EE45-33E3-46E9-9FD0-671197BC7F63.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  107.0 KB

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by 95EG6P View Post
    I had a tint ticket last month and I went to get it reduced and the jp asked if I took care of it. Told him I took it off right away when I got home and he threw out the ticket.
    when i went to get mine reduced i said "im not gonna lie and say i took the tint off. I know i could have got the cheaper ticket. can i pay that." He said "sounds reasonable"
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

35 isn’t safe... my last car (stock tlx shawd) had 35 all round and was pulled over in Canmore (1.5-2 years ago).

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I was on a cruise in 2008 with the Chevy Cobalt club up to Sylvan lake and we all were forced to peel our tint by the RCMP,~30 cars. That said we all had a wicked deal on a group buy getting them re-done.
    Haha I was there for that one where they pulled over the whole whack of beyond on the way to sylvan in maybe 2010. Would have been my 3rd tint ticket in less than a month. So off came the tint on the side of the highway.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Same with Ford. Probably every vehicle in the last few years.
    Any way you can prove this?

The regulations say that: Transparent, translucent or opaque materials cannot be affixed to front 2 side windows...

On that note, OEM = Illegal on the translucent note. This could be a go-ahead to repeal the regulations?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by swak View Post
    Any way you can prove this?

The regulations say that: Transparent, translucent or opaque materials cannot be affixed to front 2 side windows...

On that note, OEM = Illegal on the translucent note. This could be a go-ahead to repeal the regulations?
    There are numerous incomplete lists available online and many fire & rescue training articles written on this subject. Sounds like laminated side windows are pretty much mandatory starting in 2017 and began phasing in around 2013.

https://www.absoluterescue.com/train...-2017-vehicle/
    Last edited by Darell_n; 08-08-2018 at 05:42 AM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Let me dispell some myths here. 1stly if you say you have a medical reason for needing tint, you would need a Drs note. That ultimately will end up at Driver Control review board. You will most likely have your licence pulled as you are not medically fit anymore to operate a vehicle.

The police cannot remove your tint. They can however ask you to remove it, to make your vehicle compliant again. Ifyou refuse your vehicle would simply be impounded. Thats your choice.

The section for window tint it 72(3) VERR. It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with front windows tinted.

There is no set light limit in Alberta. ALL tint is illegal. Don’t blame or challenge the police about this. Take it up with your local MP.

And......admins. The mobile version of this sucks. It’s next to impossible typing on an iPhone.
    Last edited by Traffic_Cop; 08-08-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic_Cop View Post
    Let me dispell some myths here. 1stly if you say you have a medical reason for needing tint, you would need a Drs note. That ultimately will end up at Driver Control review board. You will most likely have your licence pulled as you are not medically fit anymore to operate a vehicle.

The police cannot remove your tint. They can however ask you to remove it, to make your vehicle compliant again. Ifyou refuse your vehicle would simply be impounded. Thats your choice.

The section for window tint it 72(3) VERR. It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with front windows tinted.

There is no set light limit in Alberta. ALL tint is illegal. Don’t blame or challenge the police about this. Take it up with your local MP.

And......admins. The mobile version of this sucks. It’s next to impossible typing on an iPhone.
    But pissing and moaning about it online is just so much easier.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

#TrafficCop, if opaque, translucent and transparent is "ALL illegal", why are manufacturers able to product cars with OEM front "translucent film"?

EDIT: Also, I get you have "the authority" to eliminate continuation of the offence. If the offence is tint, does this offence really justify a tow for non-compliance?
    Seems a little overzealous to me... And in my past career I came from a role in Provincial traffic enforcement. I get it, but a tow for tint is very chicken-shiet.
    Last edited by swak; 08-08-2018 at 09:38 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Should just clarify, you mean your MLA? (seeing as how TSA is provincial).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast