Quantcast
Curious if anyone has successfully fought and won against tinted window tickets? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Curious if anyone has successfully fought and won against tinted window tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by swak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #TrafficCop, if opaque, translucent and transparent is "ALL illegal", why are manufacturers able to product cars with OEM front "translucent film"?

EDIT: Also, I get you have "the authority" to eliminate continuation of the offence. If the offence is tint, does this offence really justify a tow for non-compliance?
    Seems a little overzealous to me... And in my past career I came from a role in Provincial traffic enforcement. I get it, but a tow for tint is very chicken-shiet.
    What manufacturers apply a film? Aren’t all oem tints actual dyed glass which means there is nothing “affixed to the front 2 side windows” as you quoted from the tsa. Therefore manufacturers appear to be in complete compliance with the law. Unless you know of manufacturers using film??

Edit: also keep in mind traffic cop is quoting the ‘by the book’ answer as he unquestionably should as a representative of law enforcement on a public forum like this. We all know very well that there is leeway a cop can exercise. If you’re one of those douche bags that thinks they’re some personal justice warrior and crack your window only a cm, act like a dick and quote passage numbers from the ATSA to the cop pulling you over and say stupid shit, then yea you can’t fault a cop for not affording you any leeway and following the book.
    Last edited by J-hop; 08-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by j-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what manufacturers apply a film? Aren’t all oem tints actual dyed glass which means there is nothing “affixed to the front 2 side windows” as you quoted from the tsa. Therefore manufacturers appear to be in complete compliance with the law. Unless you know of manufacturers using film??

Edit: Also keep in mind traffic cop is quoting the ‘by the book’ answer as he unquestionably should as a representative of law enforcement on a public forum like this. We all know very well that there is leeway a cop can exercise. If you’re one of those douche bags that thinks they’re some personal justice warrior and crack your window only a cm, act like a dick and quote passage numbers from the atsa to the cop pulling you over and say stupid shit, then yea you can’t fault a cop for not affording you any leeway and following the book.
    yup!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5