Quantcast
Saudi VS Canada 2018 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Saudi VS Canada 2018

Default Saudi VS Canada 2018

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Fuck those guys. Bunch of drama queens.... sorry, kings.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Fuck Trumpdeau, "governing" by tweet. If he wanted to make an actual statement on human rights and effect change, there were far better ways to do it. He continues to punish the taxpayer for his blunders and incompetence. What an amateur move.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The KSA has abysmal human right issues, check

Canada is a leader in human rights, check

KSA does not comment on Canadian internal affairs, check

Canada feels its morally superior to the KSA and cant avoid commenting on their internal affairs, check (like holy shit, we have such a good reputation with our FN peoples)

Could the liberal clowns piss any more business customers? I'm sure teenage-woman Trudeau could find something to pick on Australia about.

But really, fuck off about commenting about the negatives, the top Canadian officials should be commenting positively on the KSA for moving into the 19th Century with regards to some of the womens' rights issues (eg. driving).

Its their society and it will adapt or it will die off. 70 years ago there was just sand and fishing villages there.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-09-2018 at 06:40 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Anyone want to help me out with a sweet meme?

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/408...12#post4744012

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The KSA has abysmal human right issues, check

Canada is a leader in human rights, check

KSA does not comment on Canadian internal affairs, check

Canada feels its morally superior to the KSA and cant avoid commenting on their internal affairs, check (like holy shit, we have such a good reputation with our FN peoples)

Could the liberal clowns piss any more business customers? I'm sure teenage-woman Trudeau could find something to pick on Australia about.

But really, fuck off about commenting about the negatives, the top Canadian officials should be commenting positively on the KSA for moving into the 19th Century with regards to some of the womens' rights issues (eg. driving).

Its their society and it will adapt or it will die off. 70 years ago there was just sand and fishing villages there.
    You're fucked. On one hand, you call Trudeau a "woman" because he picks on something, and at the same time lambast Canada for it's relationships with the FN population, which is something Trudeau CAMPAIGNED ON, and has been taking measures to fix, so... what point are you trying to make here? It's terrible history, and we should ignore it?

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

They fucking CRUCIFIED a guy the other day. They chop people's heads off, for GETTING raped.

Fuck Saudi Arabia. We ARE morally superior to that government. And it's about time someone said so.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    You're fucked. On one hand, you call Trudeau a "woman" because he picks on something, and at the same time lambast Canada for it's relationships with the FN population, which is something Trudeau CAMPAIGNED ON, and has been taking measures to fix, so... what point are you trying to make here? It's terrible history, and we should ignore it?

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

They fucking CRUCIFIED a guy the other day. They chop people's heads off, for GETTING raped.

Fuck Saudi Arabia. We ARE morally superior to that government. And it's about time someone said so.
    The point is that we should worry about our own internal affairs first, before commenting on someone elses like that.

Genocide is one thing, yes we as humans have a duty (except in Rwanda, where it wasnt for some reason and a million people died)... but for the various countries around the world and their human rights track record, we need to look at our own issues first.

Let the Saudis handle their own shit. We are not the Americans who should be policing anything.

My Ride

The point is that we should worry about our own internal affairs first, before commenting on someone elses like that.
    To clarify: until we are 100% spic and span, we should not be critical of countries that oppress their people?

If so, just how perfect do we have to be?

I'm not saying that it's our right to be stomping around in other people's back yards, but when people make the argument you just made, I wonder what exactly they consider to be "good enough" before we can start calling other countries out for inciting terrorism, causing wars, stomping all over human rights, and other generally assholish behaviour.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    To clarify: until we are 100% spic and span, we should not be critical of countries that oppress their people?

If so, just how perfect do we have to be?

I'm not saying that it's our right to be stomping around in other people's back yards, but when people make the argument you just made, I wonder what exactly they consider to be "good enough" before we can start calling other countries out for inciting terrorism, causing wars, stomping all over human rights, and other generally assholish behaviour.
    Calling out countries for any of this accomplishes nothing. Canada is not in a position as a world power to be pointing anything at anyone - thats how the world politics is played. If you are in a position of weakness (as we are) relative to the KSA, we should not be inciting anything over this minor. They are FULLY aware of what the rest of the developed world thinks about them.

Money talks. Armies walk.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Genocide is one thing, yes we as humans have a duty (except in Rwanda, where it wasnt for some reason and a million people died)... but for the various countries around the world and their human rights track record, we need to look at our own issues first.

Let the Saudis handle their own shit. We are not the Americans who should be policing anything.
    I disagree with everything you said.

You said we should be praising SA’s allowance of women to finally drive now? Guess who helped make that happen. The woman in the tweet. That was arrested.

Canada is, and should be, a moral beacon. We’re not perfect, but we’re trying pretty hard to improve, and to right past wrongs. We should not be doing business with a country like Saudi Arabia.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Perhaps this is all a play to get more Canadians onboard with pipelines and refineries, instead of buying blood oil.

My Ride

Calling out countries for any of this accomplishes nothing. Canada is not in a position as a world power to be pointing anything at anyone - thats how the world politics is played. If you are in a position of weakness (as we are) relative to the KSA, we should not be inciting anything over this minor. They are FULLY aware of what the rest of the developed world thinks about them.

Money talks. Armies walk.
    That doesn't even remotely address what I asked you.

"Take care of our own back yard". Okay- when is the yard taken care of?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I wonder what exactly they consider to be "good enough" before we can start calling other countries out
    Well, probably by not being a bitch.

No, seriously, Trudeau is like the peanut gallery. STFU and do something, or get over it. While I agree with everything about how bad the Saudis are, its their country, and they can run it as they see fit. I completely get the "fuck that guy" attitude they are having with Canada right now.

My Ride

That doesn't even remotely address what I asked you.

"Take care of our own back yard". Okay- when is the yard taken care of?
    There is no point - we can never be perfect - hence its illogical for us to be poking at others' transgressions. The list of countries that the liberal clowns 'should' be calling out like this is probably endless.

This accomplishes absolutely nothing except to piss off other countries.

Economics or military - if one is serious.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    its their country, and they can run it as they see fit. I completely get the "fuck that guy" attitude they are having with Canada right now.
    Tell the Germans that in the 1940s.

I mean, it’s their country, right? They can do what they want?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no point - we can never be perfect - hence its illogical for us to be poking at others' transgressions. The list of countries that the liberal clowns 'should' be calling out like this is probably endless.

This accomplishes absolutely nothing except to piss off other countries.

Economics or military - if one is serious.
    The economics, from what I’ve read, won’t much matter to Canada. We trade $4 billion a year with them. We trade $2 billion a day with the USA.

They’re recalling students, medical patients, and all that. Sounds like a loss for Saudi Arabia.

My Ride

Then we need to close our borders with America as they invaded Iraq for no good reason back in 2002 and killed untold numbers.

The selective hatred is what is silly. Its best to shut up about these things.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Then we need to close our borders with America as they invaded Iraq for no good reason back in 2002 and killed untold numbers.

The selective hatred is what is silly. Its best to shut up about these things.
    Plenty of people were quite vocal about opposing the Iraq war, and Canada didn't join in on that coalition, for good reason. Fifteen years later, and Iraq is probably the worst foreign policy decision the US has made.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    Tell the Germans that in the 1940s.

I mean, it’s their country, right? They can do what they want?
    I specifically said either do something about it or stfu you dolt. Ww2 was directly caused by nobody doing anything about it.

Further to that, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think Saudi is anywhere near Nazi Germany in terms of overall atrocities. To make the comparison just makes you sound even more stupid.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Perhaps this is all a play to get more Canadians onboard with pipelines and refineries, instead of buying blood oil.
    Maybe, and what helped Trudeau in the polls last month, trade conflict.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast