Quantcast
Frequent Flyer/hotel/car rental programs - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frequent Flyer/hotel/car rental programs

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Don't think it's worth anything, but just for this email that made me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Honors
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ExtraSlow, you've upgraded to Silver status!
    Also, got asked to visit Tulsa, and it looks like united flies there. Sigh, wooo?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

Also, got asked to visit Tulsa, and it looks like united flies there. Sigh, wooo?
    I've been to all 50 US states and 100+ US cities - Tulsa might just be the most boring US city I've been to. The Gathering Place was the most exciting part of Tulsa when I was there earlier this year - too bad I wasn't a little kid again, because this would have been one hell of a playground if I was 7 years old again

This video from a recent mayoral debate is probably the most exciting thing to happen in Tulsa in years

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm going to push for a video meeting instead of visiting Tulsa. However if I do visit I'll likely be in that city less than 6 hours.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not sure if this is a win or a loss. Don't have to go to Tulsa, but I DO have to go to go to OKC. Pretty fast turnaround, leaving Calgary Monday around 2PM, land back in Calgary 10PM Tuesday.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I might be derailing this thread, but fuck it.
    Flight from OKC-DEN cancelled today due to "taxiway damage in DEN" apparently. Got rerouted through IAH. Flights from OKC to IAH were delayed due to weather. Got booked onto an earlier flight that was delayed 4+ hours so I got onto it somewhat close to my original departure time.

Now my IAH-YYC flight is delayed because of a combination of weather and "tire maintenance" issues. So I fully expect to be able to weasle out another credit voucher from the customer service chat. Win?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Dear Travel Diary,

Sincerely,
    ExtraSlow
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Dear Travel Diary,

Sincerely,
    ExtraSlow

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Dear Travel Diary,

Sincerely,
    ExtraSlow
    Beyond has been my diary for several years now.

I have to fly through Denver on Sunday. I hope they have their issues sorted out by then.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    I have to fly through Denver on Sunday. I hope they have their issues sorted out by then.
    Well, they are also subject to lots of poor weather, so they get lots of delays for that reason too.
    I swear OKC/DEN/Houston triangle is home to the most thunderstorms/hail/snow/gusts etc in north america.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dear Travel diary, received this response from United today :
    Quote Originally Posted by United costomer care team
    We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent trip with United.

We have issued a $150 electronic travel certificate to your Mileage Plus account.

do you just write to united any time you have a delay? I've never really complained when I get delayed, maybe I should start

do you just write to united any time you have a delay? I've never really complained when I get delayed, maybe I should start
    Same here, didn't know it was a thing and it seems like I hit up the same locations as Mr. Extraslow, even shitty Tulsa. $150 for 5 minutes to send in a complaint sounds like a good deal.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by botox View Post
    Same here, didn't know it was a thing and it seems like I hit up the same locations as Mr. Extraslow, even shitty Tulsa. $150 for 5 minutes to send in a complaint sounds like a good deal.
    US is pretty shitty when it comes to delay comp, but United is great for it. US regulations only gives comp on overbooking and luggage. In the EU, the rules are way more strict, so you get paid like $1k for a long delay. In the end, flights out of the EU don't get delayed much because it costs airlines a stupid amount of money.

Canada's new rules come into play Dec 15th. $$$$$ for delays, lost luggage, and overbook/cancellations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...ules-1.5211981

Much like EU, flight delays will become less common like the EU because the comp is so expensive.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

On the united website, you go to help /contact us/customer care. From there you sign into your mileageplus account in order to submit your "concern". You click the recent flight that's linked to your account, and in the notes section I always put in the exact flight numbers, the sequence of events if it's a multi-leg journey or if there were delays that caused missed connections, and then the actual arrival time of the flight you ended up on, plus I do the math on how many hours and minutes delay that way.

I then say something like " I believe compensation is warranted due to this lengthy delay caused by mechanical problems with the aircraft, and the impact that had on my travel plans."

Don't make it hard for them, do your research, understand and state the type of delays, and I find them super reasonable. It's more than five minutes work the way I do it, but less than 15.

Don't tryt o get compensation for weather-related delays though. That's a no-go. It has to be mechanical or maintenance issues or something that is supposed ot be in the airlines control.

Gotta say, I'm really happy with the customer service from united. Thier app is great for rebooking or changing flights, and the gate staff has been helpful getting me onto wait lists, or waiving change fees. Plus, last few flights have had legit hotties for in-flight crew. Doesn't hurt.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 10-30-2019 at 04:03 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I contacted WestJet about their delay for my bereavement flight and I got compensated. You just have to ask.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Speaking of frequent flyer programs. Fuck Aeroplan is pissing me off, has unilaterally decided that the last trip I took on Air Canada doesn’t count for miles. Their online system says to refer to their table for what is eligible, and my fare class on my ticket and receipt is clearly listed as Eligible.

So I call their toll free to speak to someone because the website is being autistic, and they are so ass backward you can’t even wait on hold. It just says “we have higher than normal call volumes and have no one available to take your call, bye bye” and hangs up.

What the actual fuck lol. Complete racket.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Speaking of frequent flyer programs. Fuck Aeroplan is pissing me off, has unilaterally decided that the last trip I took on Air Canada doesn’t count for miles. Their online system says to refer to their table for what is eligible, and my fare class on my ticket and receipt is clearly listed as Eligible.

So I call their toll free to speak to someone because the website is being autistic, and they are so ass backward you can’t even wait on hold. It just says “we have higher than normal call volumes and have no one available to take your call, bye bye” and hangs up.

What the actual fuck lol. Complete racket.
    This is why I prioritize westjet dollar collection. So far, they have been great to deal with. Lounges aren't as nice, fewer planes with actual business class, but at least I can accrue and redeem the rewards points easily. And speak to a real person on the phone with no hold time on the gold support line.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I don’t hate westjet at all to me it comes down to which times work better. Should have just booked my flight to London through them. Fucking Air Chrétien.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Win or loss? I will be submitting a flight delay compensation claim today for my flight DEN-CPR. Roughly 2 hour delay.

I should have just driven to Casper.

EDIT: Here's my 2019 summary. I was on pace, but then didn't go anywhere in November and December.
    Name:  United Premierplus Progress.PNG
Views: 255
Size:  9.6 KB
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-22-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast