Quantcast
Facebook marketplace for selling cars? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Facebook marketplace for selling cars?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Back when I was selling my 2 years old Q50S, I listed on both Kijiji and Autotrader. Got a little more online inquiries from Autotrader but more people from Kijiji actually came out to check out the car. Still took like 3 months to sell thought and it was a kijiji guy.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always had decent luck on Kijiji. Sure at times it has taken a while (1 month to 2 months) but not bad overall. Best was when I sold two of my FIL's cheap'ish vehicles ($3K and $7K) in 2 days. Then that got beat when I sold my dad's $75K vehicle in ONE day (priced aggressively compared to other Range Rover Autobiography's w/ low km's etc). Ironically, I haven't had that much of a luck with my own sales, at least not my higher-end vehicles. Bikes and cheaper cars have been fine.
    That was probably scouts for US stealerships. They're buying a good selection of decent, newer vehicles that will sell easy in the US. I was talking to a dealership in Seattle, and they were buying up here, selling the model of vehicle I was look at for the same price USD as the ones up here in CAD. 30% profit for barely any work.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was probably scouts for US stealerships. They're buying a good selection of decent, newer vehicles that will sell easy in the US. I was talking to a dealership in Seattle, and they were buying up here, selling the model of vehicle I was look at for the same price USD as the ones up here in CAD. 30% profit for barely any work.
    Seemed like the guy was buying it for himself. Paid cash and then leased it from another company and got his cash back from them. I literally had 6 messages on that Range Rover overnight and the next day it sold to the first guy who had messaged. Mind you, my dad's lease was up so he didn't care what it sold for as long as he was getting his residual back so he paid RR the cash and bought it before selling privately. Even RR after finding out what he had intended to do started offering him more than the residual offer but still nowhere close to the market value. Even at $75K, I had priced it almost $10K less than the next best option so it went real quick.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Update- didn't end up using Facebook, had my ad up for 5 days on kijiji, 458 visits (which is A LOT less than I'm used to from back in the day)...2 serious responses (maybe 5 lowballs, and no scammers/dealers), both booked for yesterday, 1st guy cancelled cuz he bought another car, decided to sell it to the 2nd guy for a lot less than I wanted, oh well, knock on wood, it will be LONG time before I sell another car as I'm pretty set on my current line-up

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

I just sold my truck through Kijiji. I got about 10 replies from Kijiji and about 5 from FB market place in the first 5 hours. One reply on each was from the same person so 14 unique inquiries. I had 5 interested in seeing it the day it was posted and the first person to see it bought it later that day for full asking price. He was a Kijiji reply.

I would say either are suitable for lower priced vehicles and as with all selling and marketing exercises, the quality of your ad (and I include your FB profile in that...) bolsters your credibility as a seller. There are many similar priced, optioned, age and km examples of my truck that are still for sale (and have been for weeks) and mine sold in 6 hours for full ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2