Quantcast
Where would you take your classic car to get painted? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where would you take your classic car to get painted?

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the Airdrie car club is pretty fond of that Maaco and they've had some cars out at the local show that had pretty nice paint to my untrained eye. I was considering having them do some paintwork for me in the next few months.
    Nice, good to know for the future that I can trust them... is their pricing in line with other Maacos though? They used to always have ridiculously cheap pricing, the caveat being it looks like crap and doesn't last long lol

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Nice, good to know for the future that I can trust them... is their pricing in line with other Maacos though? They used to always have ridiculously cheap pricing, the caveat being it looks like crap and doesn't last long lol
    Couldn't say for certain. My dad had them repaint the lower fenders on his F150 and he said the price was quite reasonable.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I will also not recommend Screamin' either as around 6 years ago was the last time I went after having a bad experience. My front bumper's clearcoat was peeling badly after getting a new bumper painted by them. Seemed like others were exhibiting the same issues on Beyond at that time too.

I got the bumper repainted elsewhere and it lasted 4 more years with no peeling issues and then I ended up selling the car. So I really think it had to do with the work Screamin' did.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Quote Originally Posted by PointyWombat View Post

What did a full respray run you approx?
    If youre still looking for more info shoot me a PM and we can chat about my experience in greater detail.

my most recent experience with Screamin Paintworks wasnt without some hiccups and delays but at the end of the day they've continually made every effort to fix any issues or concerns I've raised. So overall I'm still happy with their work and service.

In my case I supplied my own OEM replacement parts and a fairly extensive and explicit list of requirements and expectations for the repair up front. They were one of the few shops I asked around at, that would allow me to provide my own parts and do some of the disassembly, reassembly myself and entertain what some might call a rather picky list of expectations and requirements.
    From what i've read from other owners, the oem pearl yellow on my car isnt an easy one to match and I have to say they did a hell of a job ( at least to my untrained eye )

They werent the cheapest or the most expensive of the quotes I received and keeping the triangle of everything in mind ( cheap vs fast vs quality ) they managed it well in my eyes.

That being said I do also have a friend who recently had some work done with them who wasn't fully satisfied so I can only speak to my own experiences. This is the second time I've had a car in their shop.

When I get a spare minute I was going to make a before/after post of the repairs, but just had second kid so who knows when that will happen...

My Ride
    KTM

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    I had them look at my truck they were great to deal with. Being that it was a insurance job I went a different direction but for a small repair I would try them for sure.

I take AD reviews with a grain of salt, they have no clue on lots of things lol

My Ride
    something green

That 50k on the surface sounds like a lot, but to give context, they assured the vehicle would look like the day it came off the assembly line. Probably better actually,considering Chrysler's 1970's quality control. When you think about getting all the chrome trim redone, sandblasting the frame etc and reassembly, the labour alone is staggering.
    I am going to separate the body from the frame myself, truck the body into Powerchief autobody for make over, then pick away at the detail through spring.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2