Quantcast
Gotchas - moving from iphone to android - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Gotchas - moving from iphone to android

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this isn't a debate about which is better... But I'm trying to figure out any "gotchas" going from long-term iPhone use to Android.
    Insert some well-thought out responses, and then have others ignore and add arguments about which phone is better anyway.

I guess it didn't matter ... Best Buy has a good sale this weekend with the iPhoneX for $99 with a plan, so wife and I are sticking with iPhones for a couple more years anyway...
    Ignore this too, and continue more arguments about which type of phone is better.

Love it. Beyond gonna Beyond.

Had and S5, S6, then S7 for work as well as a personal iPhone.

Finally got rid of the work android and just have the iPhone. Can't believe people enjoy using those phones.

I don't know what some of you guys are doing with your phones to experience glitches, app crashes, etc. haha. I can't even remember the last time I have seen so much as a stutter in the 'modern' Android experience (Pixel phones in particular), and I can customize my transition animation time so the phone is even snappier, which actually made a very noticeable difference. The only third party app I use for communication is WhatsApp. Every native app I've ever used has been flawless.

I've used both systems side-by-side for many years now and other than minor hardware differences, honestly they are pretty well the same these days - you pick your OS and that's about it. Both have their own unique features and specialties. Stability in general is not a problem with either. If anything, initial iOS releases are worse for stability in my experience, but both companies fix things quite quickly so it's largely a non-issue.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    The reason why home automation stuff works so much better for Apple over Android is because developers don't give Android as much of a chance and when things are to be developed in the IOS/Android world they always choose IOS first.
    Funny, but I found it harder to find home automation stuff for Homekit initially. It's better now, but I still see things I want that only have basic integration to Amazon and Google and not Apple Homekit.

Insert some well-thought out responses, and then have others ignore and add arguments about which phone is better anyway.

Ignore this too, and continue more arguments about which type of phone is better.

Love it. Beyond gonna Beyond.
    Fully derailed into an interesting topic. This thread is officially bigger than you now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I don't know what some of you guys are doing with your phones to experience glitches, app crashes, etc. haha. I can't even remember the last time I have seen so much as a stutter in the 'modern' Android experience (Pixel phones in particular), and I can customize my transition animation time so the phone is even snappier, which actually made a very noticeable difference. The only third party app I use for communication is WhatsApp. Every native app I've ever used has been flawless.
    Sometimes I feel you're just trolling us a little.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I dunno, if you look at a Pixel 2XL and an iPhone X - both the premier experiences from either camp, and use them, there isn't a lot separating them except minor hardware differences. Both have well integrated native apps, complete ecosystems, stable operating systems, extremely snappy performance, options to use third party apps (to a degree), etc. If you're an Android fan you will love the Pixel, if you're an iOS fan you will love the iPhone X. The notion that one or the other is glitchy, laggy, etc. while the other one is amazing is very inaccurate IMO and from my experience. I have my complaints with both - the next of which is very likely to be the notch on the Pixel 3XL haha. I will never forgive the Essential Phone for starting that awful trend.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I completely agree with him. My one problem I had was (I think) with my 5x that it started doing a no-boot thing right outside warranty, which was a known hardware issue. But my S3, 5, and oneplus 5 have all been great (well, the S3 was a garbagy piece of crap, but that was due to specs and bloated samsung software, not anything to do with the actual experience itself, it worked as I liked the ecosystem to work, just slowly).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I completely agree with him. My one problem I had was (I think) with my 5x that it started doing a no-boot thing right outside warranty, which was a known hardware issue. But my S3, 5, and oneplus 5 have all been great (well, the S3 was a garbagy piece of crap, but that was due to specs and bloated samsung software, not anything to do with the actual experience itself, it worked as I liked the ecosystem to work, just slowly).
    I didn't mean he's trolling because of his Android experience. I mean he's trolling because everything he touches Apple is completely fucked up haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I didn't mean he's trolling because of his Android experience. I mean he's trolling because everything he touches Apple is completely fucked up haha.
    It's true that I have not had good luck with them. Mostly quality/hardware issues. I continue to use the iPad Pro because it's very good, and a high end Android tablet doesn't even exist anyway. Pixel for phone + iPad Pro for tablet is a pretty great combo IMO. I'm also genuinely interested in both ecosystems so it keeps a foot in the door at both.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4