Quantcast
Westjet just officially announced their new seats/Plus/biz class - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Westjet just officially announced their new seats/Plus/biz class

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Private lounge access (not regular Star Alliance lounge), lay down, Pod sleeping, pick-up at gate in car for connections, noise cancelling headphones....
    All this is standard for first/business class on international and some domestic flights.

Now that I have been travelling back and forth from LA frequently, I see a lot of people getting picked up in the 7 series BMW and driven to their plane/gate, I haven’t experienced this yet. I assume it’s related to status with those American based airlines, I only have Star Alliance status, just now started working on my Delta status.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I literally just sat down in my plus seat... And there is no power port on the plane. At all.

Lol wj
    Happened to me a few weeks ago. Brand spanking new 737-800MAX and power in most rows was not working whatsoever. Same with Entertainment. They said they hadnt had time to put the equipment in... uhh you would think they would do that on a new plane before it goes into service?

I do have to say though that the 738MAX is an unreal plane. Better design; drop down overhead bins for example, and better more modern interior lighting, as well as noticeably quieter engines and smoother compared to the older generations.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    All this is standard for first/business class on international and some domestic flights.

Now that I have been travelling back and forth from LA frequently, I see a lot of people getting picked up in the 7 series BMW and driven to their plane/gate, I haven’t experienced this yet. I assume it’s related to status with those American based airlines, I only have Star Alliance status, just now started working on my Delta status.
    AC will start doing this in Toronto for certain status levels or fare classes as part of their Signature service. Not exactly "redefining comfort" () like Westjet but still pretty cool.

Name:  2018-08-30.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  67.4 KB

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    Anecdotally, I've never had an AC flight be late. Joys of flying mostly in the summer.
    Okee dokee No, I'm talking all the time, no matter what it seems.

Yeah, last time I flew with them was 4.5 hours from Toronto to Belize and they had no wifi... on both flights. The return flight was even a brand new airframe, just off the line. They said the wifi "wasn't installed yet". Then WHY is that jet in service? If you don't have onboard entertainment, we pretty much rely on wifi. At least AC has seatback movies that don't require you to pay for them.
    The AC rear-seat entertainment is the best. Current movies & shows, even stand up comedy. On the Dreamliner you actually get a screen that behaves like a tablet, and not the screen of a Park Plus Machine where when you tap you see a mouse cursor

The 787's are amazing. One of the most noticeable things is how much quieter they are, which is great for the overnight flights to Europe or further. Also just looking at the flight times, it can get from London to Calgary a full hour faster than the old refurbished WS 767 making the same trip.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Well... you mean besides be on time.

I don't think I've ever had an on-time AC flight in Canada. It's insane. WestJet used to be REALLY good, I've noticed in the past 2-3 years they are rapidly dropping in meeting timelines.
    I've had better luck with them. I've flown with them at least a dozen times in the last few years or so and they have never been late either within Canada or out. This includes major international flights (Japan, London) where there is probably a greater chance of a delay. I also remember most if not all of them arriving at the destination early thanks to time made up in the air. Most recently I flew to Victoria with AC in July and although the plane was crappy (old and turboprop) in that case, I remember commenting to my GF that they left on time to the minute. I fly again with them next week so we'll see I guess.

I think it's mostly luck of the draw. It just takes one really bad delay and that's all you remember (had that before with United and I boycotted them for years, not that they cared haha).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Anecdotally, I've never had an AC flight be late. Joys of flying mostly in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Okee dokee No, I'm talking all the time, no matter what it seems.
    I think it depends on where you fly to/from. I mean if you’re regularly flying through ORD or YYZ, you’re gonna get delayed.

Looking at my 12 month history, I’ve flown 26 AC segments, 8 Lufthansa, 4 United. Only 2 Lufthansa segments were delayed from what I remember. I had to look back several years to find an AC delay at YYZ where they had to change a tire on me.

But ya, while I’ve been lucky, others I know always runs into AC delays for some reason. And damn I fly way too much haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

I'm one of those that always runs into AC delays. Did ~60 legs with AC in the last year or so and another 20-ish with WJ. I didn't keep track, but the frequency that delays occurred was WAY higher with AC. Only had a couple delays with WJ and easily over a dozen with AC. (Note: majority of flights with both airlines were domestic)

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I think it depends on where you fly to/from. I mean if you’re regularly flying through ORD or YYZ, you’re gonna get delayed.

Looking at my 12 month history, I’ve flown 26 AC segments, 8 Lufthansa, 4 United. Only 2 Lufthansa segments were delayed from what I remember. I had to look back several years to find an AC delay at YYZ where they had to change a tire on me.

But ya, while I’ve been lucky, others I know always runs into AC delays for some reason. And damn I fly way too much haha.
    Even YYZ isn't too bad now, depending on the time of day. I pushed early going AC to Winnipeg last week.

It was BRUTAL last year though. They had that ground stop and runway under construction or whatever, and there was way too much traffic for what was left of the airport.

I also find you probably have more chance of being delayed on AC because it is just a much busier airline than WJ; maybe their airframes fly a bit more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3