Quantcast
Bow Hunting Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bow Hunting Thread

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Nailed this button buck (antlerless mule) from 45 yards. Double lung shot.

My friend said "Real men don't quarter their deer to pack out, real men pack out the whole thing."

Haha.

Name:  IMG_3843.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  160.1 KB

Wife still has a mule buck tag we're working on filling. Hopefully get er done this weekend.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Congrats man. I missed (clean miss) my 45 yard shot on Saturday. It's still bugging me

Nicely done! First year out bow hunting without much luck, definitely looking forward to rifle season tho.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Thanks gents. Missed a really nice buck myself, my wife was happy because I didn’t fill her tag but I should of had it. Elevated shots always throw me off no matter how much I think about them.

Didn’t shoot anything my first year with the bow either, but have been successful every year after that. Takes some time to get into the swing of sneaking around everywhere and coming up on animals by surprise.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks gents. Missed a really nice buck myself, my wife was happy because I didn’t fill her tag but I should of had it. Elevated shots always throw me off no matter how much I think about them.

Didn’t shoot anything my first year with the bow either, but have been successful every year after that. Takes some time to get into the swing of sneaking around everywhere and coming up on animals by surprise.
    If you're in to Podcasts Remi Warren just started another one, "Cutting the Distance". One episode he talks about coulee hunting with a bow and techniques to help in those situations. It really helped me.

The other tip i could give is use a true hunting range finder that accommodates for curve of the earth and elevation. It makes a huge difference and helped myself immensely when shooting in the coulee's or out of a tree stand. Elevated shots are deceiving
    Last edited by Ca_Silvia13; 10-23-2019 at 11:01 AM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have to check that out. All my hunting is done in the coulee's and ridges at my farm.

I do have a range finder that accounts for the curve and elevation, however my arrows still always fly high. I find I have to use my 40 yard pin if I'm ranging 50 yards (with adjustments) no matter what shooting down. Paralyzed two deer waste down now drilling into the spine over the years but this shot was right on the money.

View before the arrow flew, albino deer on the left. They were a little too curious.

Name:  D8C76554-32C4-4D2F-9379-7CBADE624629.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  216.1 KB

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Bumping this thread in advance of the 2023 bow hunting season. What's everyone planning for the upcoming season?

Also I don't suppose any Beyonder has an acreage in or around Calgary they would be willing to let a fellow Beyonder dial in and shoot a new bow on? With the Calgary Archery Center closing the only option is Jim Bows which is a PITA to get too. Also only shooting 40 yards gets old fast. Would be nice to practice out to 60 yards without having to drive to crown land.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Bumping this thread in advance of the 2023 bow hunting season. What's everyone planning for the upcoming season?

Also I don't suppose any Beyonder has an acreage in or around Calgary they would be willing to let a fellow Beyonder dial in and shoot a new bow on? With the Calgary Archery Center closing the only option is Jim Bows which is a PITA to get too. Also only shooting 40 yards gets old fast. Would be nice to practice out to 60 yards without having to drive to crown land.

I plan to go to my treestand and kill. Zone 406. If anyone has an ATV and wants to hunt together let me know and we can set up another stand. Was elk, mule, whitetail and bear at my stand last summer.

I only hunted one fucking day last year. Sad
    Last edited by SJW; 05-02-2023 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I plan to go to my treestand and kill. Zone 406. If anyone has an ATV and wants to hunt together let me know and we can set up another stand. Was elk, mule, whitetail and bear at my stand last summer.

I only hunted one fucking day last year. Sad
    That's a pretty sweet offer.

I feel ya on the hunting aspect. I took 15 or so days off for rifle season which the zones I was hunting in started nov 01. Got super sick while out and had to call it quits. Missed 8 or 9 days of hunting because of it.

You wait all year to hunt and that happens. Goal is to hunt earlier this year.

My Ride

Might try a spot and stalk coulee hunt if I land the permission. But I honestly want to get the kids into duck hunting so that will probably take over most of bow season.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Been 5 years since I bagged my last mule buck with a bow. This year my draw will come up. Can’t wait but need to get some practice in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2