Quantcast
2019 Dodge Ram - Thoughts? experiences? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dodge Ram - Thoughts? experiences?

My Ride
    Trucks

I want the suspension and interior of a Ford with body and drivetrain of a Dodge. Maybe we should hook up and make a truck baby.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want the suspension and interior of a Ford with body and drivetrain of a Dodge. Maybe we should hook up and make a truck baby.
    Can I watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Can I watch?
    Only if you hold the camera steady.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

As both my kids are tall, that rear space matters a lot. As I am also tall, when I put my seat back and tilt the seat, i encroach a fair amount into the back seat area. Giving the kids the extra 4" of space is a very meaningful addition, and overall, is probably the most important consideration for the vehicle. We use the truck anytime we are doing something as a family. Road trips, camping, getting groceries, whatever, anywhere the 4 of us are going together, we are in the truck. Last thing I wanna hear is them complaining in the back.
    How tall are your kids? Over 6'?

I use my 2015 Sierra Crew Cab (the smallest of any crew cab truck) for road trips with full sized adults (over 6') and I never have anyone complain on long trips. And I am 6' 3" so my seat is just about all the way to the back.

My Ride
    Trucks

But don’t worry, it won’t void the warranties if the dealer can’t prove it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Here we go again...
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle27303120/

I dunno, I trust this guy more than I trust your opinion (or the shitty opinion some scam dealership gave you while trying to screw you).

Or these guys:

https://blog.tdotperformance.ca/guid...s-aftermarket/

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle27303120/

I dunno, I trust this guy more than I trust your opinion (or the shitty opinion some scam dealership gave you while trying to screw you).

Or these guys:

https://blog.tdotperformance.ca/guid...s-aftermarket/
    Your links reiterate my point. Like i said, its not a blanket denial. But if you chip your 2.0T and your turbo explodes or your tranny grenades, you bet Audi will deny it. It happens. The forums are full of it. Same goes with deletes.

If you JUST delete the emissions and do nothing to the other perimeters of the engine, maybe you'd have a chance. But touch your timing map or line pressure in you're 68RFE, FCA will not be reimbursing the dealership for your rod poking through the block or the vehicle stuck in Reverse. The forums are literally full of hundreds of cases from all of the big diesel OEM's denying the warranty.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Two things. Don't get the FX4 suspension if you want a decent ride. Also, get Bilstein 5100s

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Get smaller wheels, taller sidewalls and run p-metric tires at lower air pressure, that's the fastest way to better ride comfort on a pickup.

Fucks up your cargo carrying and trailer towing, but rides really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Am I gonna go out and buy one tomorrow? I doubt it.
    What color did you get lol The ram rebel is a sick truck but if i were buying a new ram it would have to have the 12'' screen, that thing is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    How tall are your kids? Over 6'?

I use my 2015 Sierra Crew Cab (the smallest of any crew cab truck) for road trips with full sized adults (over 6') and I never have anyone complain on long trips. And I am 6' 3" so my seat is just about all the way to the back.
    I was going to ask the same thing, i take mine boarding all the time and even with 4 adult males theres tons of room. One guy is atleast 6' and 220lbs easy.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Two things. Don't get the FX4 suspension if you want a decent ride.
    I was wondering why so many people complained about the ride because i love mine but now i know its because i dont have the fx4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    What color did you get lol The ram rebel is a sick truck but if i were buying a new ram it would have to have the 12'' screen, that thing is sick!
    Can't get the 12" in anything under their Laramie trim? I know, I love the 12" screen too, but that screen is kinda too busy. And I have been reading that a lot of people are complaining about how buggy it is, while it seems the 8.5" screen is fairly hassle free. Since you can't get the Rebel in the Laramie trim, you can't get the 12" screen.

In the current Rebels, the red accents on the door panel and seats are absolutely horrendous and make me wonder if the people at Dodge were color blind when they put it together. it looks like total garbage. We wouldn't buy it in this iteration. Having said that, they usually offer a blacked out version, which we want to check out. Also kinda hoping that the 12" screen may become available in it next year when we are more likely to pull the trigger once I see how the E-torque system plays out a bit.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Trucks

Can't get the 12" in anything under their Laramie trim? I know, I love the 12" screen too, but that screen is kinda too busy. And I have been reading that a lot of people are complaining about how buggy it is, while it seems the 8.5" screen is fairly hassle free. Since you can't get the Rebel in the Laramie trim, you can't get the 12" screen.

In the current Rebels, the red accents on the door panel and seats are absolutely horrendous and make me wonder if the people at Dodge were color blind when they put it together. it looks like total garbage. We wouldn't buy it in this iteration. Having said that, they usually offer a blacked out version, which we want to check out. Also kinda hoping that the 12" screen may become available in it next year when we are more likely to pull the trigger once I see how the E-torque system plays out a bit.
    The electric boost will be awesome once tuners can hotrod it for performance.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

The electric boost will be awesome once tuners can hotrod it for performance.
    That would be cool. But from what my research is telling me, the amount of time the E-Torque is actually engaged is very minimal. It doesn't add an extra 130hp to the 5.7L 410 lbs (making it 540foot pounds), but rather, when accelerating from a stop, it starts at 130 foot pounds, and as the engine catches up to that point from 0, once it matches that 130 from the E-torque system, the E-torque shuts off and the engine takes over. From what I understand so far, that takes about 1.5 seconds.

Granted, technology is amazing and the right people with a laptop can extract a lot out of what is provided. But without some big modifications, I don't know how much more they will be able to eek out of it. But I am excited to see what they could do.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I’ll piggyback off this thread since the Ram truck thread is locked.

I have been doing some research on the 2020 Ram DRL’s (Heavy duty models). The way it’s set up is the bottom and top LED brows are illuminated and the low beam is on. I was hoping to be able to enter the vehicle settings and simply turn the low beam off but I guess it’s not available in Canada. So the DRL’s are the brows and the low beam. If I turn the fog lights on when I have the selector set to running lights, the low beam turns off. Seems like Ram wanted to satisfy the mandatory DRL law using a combination of low beam and LED brows.

Dumb... wish I could disable it somehow. I just want the LED brows as DRL’s.
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 12-10-2020 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo and added clarity.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post

I have been doing some research on the 2020 Ram DRL’s (Heavy duty models). The way it’s set up is the bottom and top LED brows are illuminated and the low beam is on. I was hoping to be able to enter the vehicle settings and simply turn the low beam off but I guess it’s not available in Canada. So the DRL’s are the brows and the low beam. If I turn the fog lights on when I have the selector set to running lights, the low beam turns off. Seems like Ram wanted to satisfy the mandatory DRL law using a combination of low beam and LED brows.

you can buy a little thing to plug in under the dash and fuck with all this. I have one, it's relatively confusing to navigate haha... i'll look at what its called when i get back in my truck.

Why was the ram thread locked?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    you can buy a little thing to plug in under the dash and fuck with all this. I have one, it's relatively confusing to navigate haha... i'll look at what its called when i get back in my truck.

Why was the ram thread locked?
    Thanks. Really don't want the low beam on all the time. The workaround is to run the running lights all the time with the fog lights on... don't really want to do that either. Kind of strange when so many other vehicles on the road satisfy the law with LED brow DRL's only.

Not sure why the ram thread is locked. I just searched it again to make sure and yah, it's locked.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post

Agreed. I have the 19 ram and I wish I could run it like my old 2015. I liked the LEDs and the fog light look. Now I have the low beams on all the time and Im not a fan. Ive seen a few "tuners" that allow you to mess with the LED lighting but Im definitely concerned about having issues as a few guys on the Ram forms wrecked their lighting.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Agreed. I have the 19 ram and I wish I could run it like my old 2015. I liked the LEDs and the fog light look. Now I have the low beams on all the time and Im not a fan. Ive seen a few "tuners" that allow you to mess with the LED lighting but Im definitely concerned about having issues as a few guys on the Ram forms wrecked their lighting.
    Yah. I don't know why the hell they opted to put the low beam as the DRL. My 2014 1500 sport had the amber LED DRL's. Like I said, I guess I going to have to run the fogs and LED brows unless I decide to really fuck with things to get the low beam off. Which I probably shouldn't... but I could at least check into it.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Did some more reading on this and apparently the top and bottom LED brows are classified as 'accent lighting' which prevent it from meeting the DRL law.

Not bright enough or something? The 4th gens had LED brow DRL's on certain trim levels. Don't know why it had to change.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast