Quantcast
Speeding tickets in Calgary construction zones up more than 1300% - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding tickets in Calgary construction zones up more than 1300%

Alarming my ass, cha-ching!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On crowchild, at times it was right at the end of the construction zone, so even if the drivers saw it, they sped all the way through it basically.
    Ha, that one got soooooo many people. They now put one on the ramp down to 9 Ave. That one is extra tricky.

Also have seen one at the bottom of the hill just past 5 Ave going southbound. That one was just out in the open though. But people still blew past it.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    And don't get me started on the left/right lane closed signs they leave up all day, every day regardless of whether or not they're actually closed. Construction companies should be held accountable for disrupting traffic too.

D'z Nutz for Councillor!!!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The front-line cops get their directions from their superiors, who get their marching orders from city hall. Don't bitch about the cops, start exerting pressure on your Councillors and work with your friends, neighbors and community associations to draft new and more reasonable policies for speed enforcement. If it matters to people, and you work at it, changes can be made. We've seen what the druh-followers can do, because they put lots of energy into it.

Or just whine on the internet, that's cool to.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The front-line cops get their directions from their superiors, who get their marching orders from city hall. Don't bitch about the cops, start exerting pressure on your Councillors and work with your friends, neighbors and community associations to draft new and more reasonable policies for speed enforcement. If it matters to people, and you work at it, changes can be made. We've seen what the druh-followers can do, because they put lots of energy into it.

Or just whine on the internet, that's cool to.
    It's really hard to compete against rich soccer moms and trust fund millennials.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    It's really hard to compete against rich soccer moms, trust fund millennials and thousands of senior citizens.
    Don't forget the old white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I appreciate the lower speed limit in places where the lanes are now narrower due to barriers, signage, the big fat pylons, new lane markings, changes in traffic flows etc. Even when workers aren't present, all of those factors can make for a dicey situation at higher speeds especially if you haven't driven that road since all of the work has begun and a lot has changed. If it's part of your regular commute and you've mastered it then sure, it can be frustrating, but at full speed would you really want to be there with a poorly skilled driver ready to careen into you? The merge onto WB Glenmore from Crowchild is significantly shorter now with the contruction, it borders on needing to be a yield but FML that would suck too. Between people not leaving a gap and those serious ass hats going from the left lane to the right exactly where the merge happens it would be a car flipping stunt show every day at 80+ km/h.

That being said, I fully agree that there are plenty, in fact the majority, of construction zones where the speed and length are overkill. I just follow the limit start to finish in the right lane and watch the BMWs and trucks go flying by as they race to the strobe light.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Construction zone rules are set by the province. Its pretty detailed in terms of how every, single, fucking, cone should be placed.

The CPS traffic units are there after construction working hours PURELY to make money.

If they were there with workers present, I can understand this but its pretty rare to see them setup LIDAR traps along construction workers.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Don't forget the old white people.
    Hey, hey, I resemble that remark.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    NC1

Amazing. Calgary's version of go fund me via construction tickets.

My Ride

Oh geez will you look at that .... my license plate is very worn out!

(The TSA does not specify at what distance the plate should be legible to a person with 20/20 vision at solar noon on 21 June, just that it has to be clear and legible - ie. no snow or other obstructions like a bike rack).

A Magic Eraser will lighten up the red quite nicely.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Jesus people... we're talking about construction zones with serious safety issues and people bitch and moan that cops are doing their jobs? Can you blame cops for hitting areas that have obscene amounts of traffic infractions with safety considerations? Construction workers get killed every year in construction sites because people simply cant slow down or drive unsafely.

How about Calgary drivers take responsibility for their shitty driving habits and actually follow the law instead of bitch and moan at the people who are getting paid to enforce it. I'm sure the instruction workers and their families appreciate the work they do.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Jesus people... we're talking about construction zones with serious safety issues and people bitch and moan that cops are doing their jobs? Can you blame cops for hitting areas that have obscene amounts of traffic infractions with safety considerations? Construction workers get killed every year in construction sites because people simply cant slow down or drive unsafely.

How about Calgary drivers take responsibility for their shitty driving habits and actually follow the law instead of bitch and moan at the people who are getting paid to enforce it. I'm sure the instruction workers and their families appreciate the work they do.
    The issue is that the CPS do most of the construction zone encofrement after working hours. That is purely a cash grab.

If they wanted safety, they would have a ISC type camera onsite until the work was completed.

A great example was the glemore tr at DF construction zone (50kph) .... NO ONE did 50 there.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Construction workers get killed every year in construction sites because people simply cant slow down or drive unsafely.
    How many actually die every year in car accidents?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    How many actually die every year in car accidents?
    Worksafe Alberta doesnt break down the numbers nearly as well as Worksafe BC, but from BC's numbers, it looks like about one a year is average.

Edit: just found the death reports section on AB OHS website. No road workers have died in the past 11 years due to being hit by a vehicle. Possibly longer, thats all the reports go back to.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 09-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    My only gripe when I was watching the news on this last night....

Why are the tagging cars speeding in construction zones when THERE ARE NO WORKERS PRESENT??!?!?!?.....

I totally understand when there is activity going on in the zones. Safety of the people working and moving around the site is paramount...but during off hours??....
    Exactly! Total bullhsit, and I actually convinced a cop when he lasered me doing 20 over in a construction zone during non working hours with no construction happening.

He realized how stupid he sounded after I questioned him and let me go with a warning.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

people get killed every year because of water... i don't see them banning that.... there are bigger fish to fry, this is a moneygrab... nothing more, if they gave a shit about safety there were be a photo radar box at every construction site and signage to inform motorists so they'd either slow the fuck down or avoid the area.... but there isn't, they hide in the shadows when there's no danger to anybody
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Worksafe Alberta doesnt break down the numbers nearly as well as Worksafe BC, but from BC's numbers, it looks like about one a year is average.

Edit: just found the death reports section on AB OHS website. No road workers have died in the past 11 years due to being hit by a vehicle. Possibly longer, thats all the reports go back to.

That's fucking crazy!! If no one is dying every year, we should remove the slow downs until at least a few of the dummies get maimed or die. Why the fuck should the lives a few uneducated morans dictate me speeding mere feet from their lives? And, whats with the concrete barriers between my lifted RAM and them working? They could scratch my rims if I hit them for fuck sakes. And don't get me started on flag people . They deserve to be hit too, trying to tell me to slow down or stop for their stupid road construction. Don't they know I got a chip and new exhaust on my Diesel and make almost 1000ftlb of torque? And I'm badazz! i don't even have mudflaps! And with my next paycheck ( fuck child support ) I'm getting stickers! you know, grenade and a few skulls and a So Scared! I love to roll coal on their sorry azzes too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast