Quantcast
Tesla Model 3 Track Mode - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Tesla Model 3 Track Mode

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe people give money to this company. oh well.
    One thing I've learnt about car buyers that aren't car enthusiasts, these aren't problems at all. Only a small percentage of people care about fit and finish, paint thickness, paint quality, scratches, etc. The rest only care if functionality is broken.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The company I always thought was the worst for panel gaps was Ferrari, every time I have looked at one up close. Terrible.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I can't believe people give money to this company. oh well.

Actually, it's not as bad as I thought it will be, being built in tents and all.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    One thing I've learnt about car buyers that aren't car enthusiasts, these aren't problems at all. Only a small percentage of people care about fit and finish, paint thickness, paint quality, scratches, etc. The rest only care if functionality is broken.
    sure...but because people buy them doesn't it make it less like schlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Actually, it's not as bad as I thought it will be, being built in tents and all.
    We have pictures of these tents. This isn't some rumour or something. They built the things in tents! Now we see bumpers falling off, chucks of whatever in paint, paint damage, general quality horridness. Teslas as cars are barely interesting to me. But the attitude towards the company from its devotees...now that's a fascinating thing to observe.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Go drive a P3D already haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

Go drive a P3D already haha.
    I am sure it quick, but that's only half the experience when it comes to driving. Like the difference between downloading music digitally versus buying the vinyl record to enjoy the hiss cracks and pops along with the artwork in the album cover.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I am sure it quick, but that's only half the experience when it comes to driving. Like the difference between downloading music digitally versus buying the vinyl record to enjoy the hiss cracks and pops along with the artwork in the album cover.
    It’s not just quick. It’s quick everywhere, in every situation. It’s something no ICE car can accomplish today short of a hyper car with a big hybrid setup. If you like how connected a NA car is, the throttle response, the communication from foot to acceleration out of a corner, the Tesla is 100x better at it. Even the base models (just not as quick). Exception is if your top priority is rowing your own gears every single drive, or the rumblings of a V8, then it’s not for you. For me noise is important, the driving experience easily overcomes the need for noise.

Again, drive the P3D and tell me what you really think afterwards. The S and X just handles like ass for it to all work, the P3D gets it right. If Tesla gets all the other shit together I’d be converted.

My Ride
    Trucks

Really, how long can a Tesla run flat out? Longer than it takes to drink a hot large coffee?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Longer than you can drive one at that pace!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

It’s not just quick. It’s quick everywhere, in every situation. It’s something no ICE car can accomplish today short of a hyper car with a big hybrid setup. If you like how connected a NA car is, the throttle response, the communication from foot to acceleration out of a corner, the Tesla is 100x better at it. Even the base models (just not as quick). Exception is if your top priority is rowing your own gears every single drive, or the rumblings of a V8, then it’s not for you. For me noise is important, the driving experience easily overcomes the need for noise.

Again, drive the P3D and tell me what you really think afterwards. The S and X just handles like ass for it to all work, the P3D gets it right. If Tesla gets all the other shit together I’d be converted.

Its a hideous car and that does take away from total driving experience, it can take the place of the moped in the old what do fat girls and mopeds have in common jokes, but better packaging will be coming at some point.
    I understand the advantages of the Ev when it comes to power application, and response. It can be done much better with an EV than it can be done with an ICE for sure. Way back when, my wifes parents neighbor in Japan, who worked in engineering and design for Toyota, took me a for a ride around in a hopped up minivan with that was a developmental hybrid with the PRIUS platform. Yes it had strong linear acceleration and excellent control of power application, but even back then, it was boring as F after a few pulls, and in EV mode, felt dead generally. The ICE gives a vehicle more of a soul because its always running, and always giving some sensation to the driver.
    But from driving experience perspective, there is that divergent point that the tech is making apparent, you can be a driver, or, its difficult to describe, a passenger with some input over the general direction of travel. From a lap time perspective., the tech will win out every time, but its diminishing the skill and the experience and I don't really see a lot of value in that. Its like the difference between a radio control car in the backyard to a afx electric slot car track. All this artificial intelligence and augmented reality does shave the numbers and make for impressive stats for the headlines, but for doing HPDE and track days, its that analog-digital choice. The EV will always be on one side of that equation, and having the car do most of the work for me is not really that interesting. Probably still the reason I have a manual milling machine in my shop instead of a CNC as well. Its definetly a new time for cars, but the increasing tech is really drawing the lines between types of enthusiasts now. I use to chuckle at those old guys that would gather around steam engines, but as I get older I understand their position a lot more.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Its a hideous car and that does take away from total driving experience, it can take the place of the moped in the old what do fat girls and mopeds have in common jokes, but better packaging will be coming at some point.
    I understand the advantages of the Ev when it comes to power application, and response. It can be done much better with an EV than it can be done with an ICE for sure. Way back when, my wifes parents neighbor in Japan, who worked in engineering and design for Toyota, took me a for a ride around in a hopped up minivan with that was a developmental hybrid with the PRIUS platform. Yes it had strong linear acceleration and excellent control of power application, but even back then, it was boring as F after a few pulls, and in EV mode, felt dead generally. The ICE gives a vehicle more of a soul because its always running, and always giving some sensation to the driver.
    But from driving experience perspective, there is that divergent point that the tech is making apparent, you can be a driver, or, its difficult to describe, a passenger with some input over the general direction of travel. From a lap time perspective., the tech will win out every time, but its diminishing the skill and the experience and I don't really see a lot of value in that. Its like the difference between a radio control car in the backyard to a afx electric slot car track. All this artificial intelligence and augmented reality does shave the numbers and make for impressive stats for the headlines, but for doing HPDE and track days, its that analog-digital choice. The EV will always be on one side of that equation, and having the car do most of the work for me is not really that interesting. Probably still the reason I have a manual milling machine in my shop instead of a CNC as well. Its definetly a new time for cars, but the increasing tech is really drawing the lines between types of enthusiasts now. I use to chuckle at those old guys that would gather around steam engines, but as I get older I understand their position a lot more.
    Brillant post! . Pure enthusiast insight
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

sure...but because people buy them doesn't it make it less like schlock.

- - - Updated - - -

We have pictures of these tents. This isn't some rumour or something. They built the things in tents! Now we see bumpers falling off, chucks of whatever in paint, paint damage, general quality horridness. Teslas as cars are barely interesting to me. But the attitude towards the company from its devotees...now that's a fascinating thing to observe.
    Haven't we been doing that for years already with Apple?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Haven't we been doing that for years already with Apple?
    shhhh, don't say mean things about Apple, even in jest. People around here will not take kindly to it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Its a hideous car and that does take away from total driving experience...
    Fair assessment. I’d say with the track mode (I haven’t tried it) you’re more a driver than a passenger. At least that’s what Randy Pobst says. With the safety systems on, yea its a bit of a soulless drive. What’s funny is laptime, the P3D isn’t any faster than a M4. It just feels a lot faster.

End of the day not trying to convince you guys of anything. Just want to see you guys test drive the car to see what you think. At a minimum it would make for interesting conversation. For me the outright 0-60 does get tiring, but I would never get tired of the way it blasts out of a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    shhhh, don't say mean things about Apple, even in jest. People around here will not take kindly to it.
    To be fair it’s just tiring seeing you post about it in every thread when the opportunity arises.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think the most exciting car is the one you want to be driving, that’s what will really get you to elevate strong points and see past flaws.

If a Chiron doesn’t then your crank then you aren’t likely to gaf about how fast it is or how expensive it is.

I am game for having lots of different cars on the road with different levels of capability, looks, practicality. Otherwise it would make car forums pretty boring. Imagine sitting around listening to a bunch of civic owners suck each other off. Gross.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Imagine sitting around listening to a bunch of civic owners suck each other off. Gross.
    Early beyond in a nutshell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4