Quantcast
2018-2019 Winter tire discussion - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Winter tire discussion

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by DboyNismo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to be dailying the BRZ all winter and picked up some Blizzak WS80s in 215/45/17. Since this is my first RWD in the winter, looking for some advice and others' experience. Daily commute is from Whitehorn to downtown for context.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    ^

You picked arguably one of the best tires on the market. No advice really unless you are a terrible driver.
    i had the WS80s on a RWD BMW E90 and they were incredible, wayyyyy better than the conti winters TS810 that were on previously. the car refused to get stuck even in deep snow which was a shocker to me because i was always expecting the worst based on my experience with the contis. stop/starts at slick intersections were fine too

My Ride
    NC1

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Ordered some studded Altimax Arctics for the gfs Jetta. Happy to have her have a nice upgrade from all seasons.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

For those that have been waiting like me for the Nokian rebate-it’s out now. $50 off a set of R3/SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    For those that have been waiting like me for the Nokian rebate-it’s out now. $50 off a set of R3/SUV.
    Going in on Thursday to get WRG3's put on my truck

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Both cars on studded, earliest I've ever had to do so. Lending one car out to family to drive out of town in snowy highways, and other car got a flat this weekend so slapped on the winters early. Looks like good timing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Picking up a vehicle tomorrow. It has near new Cooper Ultra Touring M/S on them. Will drive it home slowly and find set of winter rims/tires.
    Last edited by bigbadboss101; 10-02-2018 at 07:10 AM.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    Going in on Thursday to get WRG3's put on my truck
    Not sure if you're aware, but those aren't covered by the rebate. Honestly it's kind of odd this time that it only covers three specific models...usually there's more than that IIRC.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

And the smart people put them on or made an appointment already Fak what a drive in today !
    Complete shit show.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    And the smart people put them on or made an appointment already Fak what a drive in today !
    Complete shit show.
    I didn't want to put mine on so early (a week ago), but thank you @tirebob for convincing me!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

shit... i booked mine for the 16th, knowing i had to drive to BC on friday... at least it's warm there

My Ride
    18 BRZ Sport-Tech RS, 05 Corolla XRS, Planes

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post
    i had the WS80s on a RWD BMW E90 and they were incredible, wayyyyy better than the conti winters TS810 that were on previously. the car refused to get stuck even in deep snow which was a shocker to me because i was always expecting the worst based on my experience with the contis. stop/starts at slick intersections were fine too
    Very glad I got the WS80s. This morning drive was an absolute breeze while everyone else was spinning. Is it normal for the ride to be very bumpy, or is that just a function of a car with harder suspension and 45 profile tires?
    Rides:
    2018 BRZ Sport-Tech RS
    2005 Corolla XRS
    Single Engine Planes

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Very glad I got the WS80s. This morning drive was an absolute breeze while everyone else was spinning. Is it normal for the ride to be very bumpy, or is that just a function of a car with harder suspension and 45 profile tires?
    that is definitely not the norm for our roads, it was a crappy mixture of lots of traffic, continuous snow, just below freezing temperatures, and no plows out. days like today i somewhat regret driving a lowered honda, but on the plus side i didn't rip off any mudflaps or front lip today

My Ride

It's too bad there wasn't some kind of warning that we were getting mass amounts of snow this week. I guess even if we were warned, it's not like the city has some kind of gritty substance that could somehow be laid down on major roads by large trucks of some sort.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

i didn't find the ride with the WS80s to be bumpy, in fact i remember them being fairly smooth and quieter compared to summers believe it or not. having said that, my wife had the same tires on her prius and i found that her car seemed to vibrate at higher speeds last season. took it in to blaskin and lane and they agreed, turned out it needed to be re-balanced.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

hey y'all just a quick question regarding winter tire swaps... i have an appt for tomorrow morning. do you think i should ask if they can power wash the summer wheels/tires before throwing them in the bag? reason is that i'm kinda paranoid of any salt or grime sitting on the wheels for the next 6 months, and if that would cause long term aesthetic or functional damage. the car is still new, wanna keep the wheels looking that way too :p

My Ride
    BB6

My 55 profile WS80s were bumpy when they were brand new. Didn't take long before the bumpiness wore off though

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

hey y'all just a quick question regarding winter tire swaps... i have an appt for tomorrow morning. do you think i should ask if they can power wash the summer wheels/tires before throwing them in the bag? reason is that i'm kinda paranoid of any salt or grime sitting on the wheels for the next 6 months, and if that would cause long term aesthetic or functional damage. the car is still new, wanna keep the wheels looking that way too :p
    I don't think you need to worry too much if they are summer wheels. There shouldn't be any salt on it and they are dry in storage I assume. I couldn't wash mine neither last weekend as my garden hose was frozen. I just wiped them off to keep them somewhat cleaner for handling.

My Ride

Pretty sure they'll be too busy to accomodate such a request, but you can always ask.

Going on my 6th year with Michelin Xi3's, couldn't be happier. I will say they aren't the best in super deep/slushy snow, but nothing is great there because it just packs the tread. 99% of my winter driving is on packed snow or icy pavement. They are quiet, they last a super long time, and always seem to test the best for stopping on ice which is where I am most likely to get into an at-fault accident.

Had Blizzaks on my old S4 and they were useless at only 50% tread so I wouldn't get those again.

When I bought a new set of winters last year though, the tire shop didn't label my all-seasons when they took them off - is that not standard practice? I assumed everyone would do that since it takes 1 second per tire and allows me to do a proper rotation in the summer. I was not impressed.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast