Quantcast
Pinched nerve in shoulder/neck - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pinched nerve in shoulder/neck

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Default Pinched nerve in shoulder/neck

Has anybody ever experienced a pinched never that stemmed from the neck/shoulder area?

Approximately 1 month ago I did SOMETHING. Wether it was sleeping awkwardly, or at the gym, and a trip to Mexico in August likely didn’t help as I caught some good air on a seadoo and hit the water pretty hard.

What I’ve done so far:
    Physio
    Acupuncture
    IMS needling
    Chiropractor
    Regular massage
    Deep tissue massage
    Cupping

Problems I’m facing: right shoulder pain, tingling in my shoulder radiating down to my forearm and sometimes middle finger. The pain is annoying during the day, however at night it becomes quite unbearable that I need to pop an Advil or Motrin to just relax the muscles and get me to sleep.

I haven’t lost any strength as far as I can tell in my arm, and going to the gym seems to somewhat help it. I frequently stretch and manipulate the joints to relieve pain. I’m sort of at my wits end right now and unable to find a solution to my problem. This has been going on for a month now and it’s currently starting to affect my work and daily life due to constant radiating pain.

I need some recommendations as to just what to do.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

who did the physio/cupping/acupuncture/IMS etc? I've had something similar but it was cleared up quite well from IMS from the physiotherapist after not many visits, maybe three? I'll PM you the name of the physio I'd recommend
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    G35

Have you tried ART? Active Release Technique.
    www.shephardhealth.com

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I get exactly this regularly, last time was a couple months ago. Kept waking up in the middle of the night to a dead arm. During the day I'm throwing my arm around like an idiot because it feels like it's not getting enough circulation. I didn't do anything about it, it went away after 2-3 weeks. I seem to get the same pinched nerve every year or 2.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Depending on situation, injection of anesthetic into area may be helpful along term alternative. Should consult physiatrist, ask you family doc for referral.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by rvd View Post
    Have you tried ART? Active Release Technique.
    www.shephardhealth.com
    I’ve heard of it but haven’t specifically tried it... I’ll look into that site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I get exactly this regularly, last time was a couple months ago. Kept waking up in the middle of the night to a dead arm. During the day I'm throwing my arm around like an idiot because it feels like it's not getting enough circulation. I didn't do anything about it, it went away after 2-3 weeks. I seem to get the same pinched nerve every year or 2.
    My issue is it’s been going on for about a month now and I see no end in sight. I’m visiting the doctor tomorrow morning and seeing what he has to say. Never smoked marijuana in my life but it’s getting to the point where I’m having a hard time dealing anymore. May see what the doc has to say

My Ride
    Bang Bus

I do my ART at this place http://www.activesportstherapy.ca/

My Ride
    TypeR

Any luck? Symptoms sound like something ive treated before. Have you gotten an xray/mri yet? Sounds like a bulged disc in your cervical spine. Alot of this can be fixed by improving posture and correcting imbalances in the shoulder/neck.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseas...pinched-nerve/
    IG:scboss

I've always had my best luck with Osteopaths when massage/chiro/physio/doctor don't help. Same for my coworker who has had back pain most of his life, tried everything and an Osteopath finally fixed him up. Always YMMV but worth a shot and they are a separate benefit category on every health plan I've ever had.

Don't put off getting the proper diagnostics - X-rays/ultrasounds are free and even $800 for an MRI is cheap if it provides insight that helps fix you up.

My Ride
    G37X

I have a similar issue that comes and goes ever since getting into a car accident last September. It's quite painful. I haven't found any real solution beyond rest. Massage helps as does tiger balm/hot showers. Hanging off a chin up bar helps a bit as well to really stretch everything out. Have you tried a massage hook? They are quite effective.

I also think it may be related to posture or too much time on the cell phone.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 10-10-2018 at 09:28 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I've always had my best luck with Osteopaths when massage/chiro/physio/doctor don't help. Same for my coworker who has had back pain most of his life, tried everything and an Osteopath finally fixed him up. Always YMMV but worth a shot and they are a separate benefit category on every health plan I've ever had.

Don't put off getting the proper diagnostics - X-rays/ultrasounds are free and even $800 for an MRI is cheap if it provides insight that helps fix you up.
    Got a good recommendation on a Osteopath?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Got a good recommendation on a Osteopath?
    I go to Intrinsi on 17th ave and about 15th st. Seen 3 different Osteos there over the years and they are all great. Has 5.0 stars on google reviews too haha. Parking sucks though.

If you explain your issue to the receptionist she can help pair you with a particular Osteo based on their masters/specialty - the individual I like may not be a good fit for you or vise versa. They are all Australian or from the UK - I don't think it's something commonly taught here.

I'm sure they don't work for everyone, but definitely worth a try if you've been through all the other usual stuff of massage, physio, etc. Visits are 45mins and $123 - Initial consult I think is an hour and a little bit more.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i went through a similar issue, and had no relief for over 2 years until i went and saw the wonderful doctors up at Kinesis Medical Center. 10 minutes and the doc knew what i needed to get better and what to do. i think you need a referral to go there but i honestly wouldn't hesitate to go back in an instant with how good they were!

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Kin....0406287?hl=en