Quantcast
NDP only care about trapping the UCP - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: NDP only care about trapping the UCP

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then maybe the UCP should pick cleaner candidates? I mean the worst NDP winner wore a stupid tshirt in a social media post, but the UCP can't find anyone that doesn't have some kind of racist history?
    Hell, this guy was Farkas' campaign manager in the municipal election. He has been hanging out with the special interest groups and doing door knocking for ages, even has Farkas' endorsement, and this all would have come with or without any law changes because that's just how they operate (getting their face out there).

It is a completely self inflicted wound. Trying to pin it on the NDP is basically lauding them as political masterminds because they could think so far ahead. Or it's admitting that such laws are unfair because conservative candidates are more prone to be doing stupid shit that will get them in trouble. I'm not sure either is the narrative you'd want to be pushing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I am so confuse......
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    WHO section IDC-10 still considers it as such. The american DSM still does as well, just in much more politically correct terms.

Of course, once again, a favourite of leftists is to obfuscate and degrade language until it is meaningless.

Mayo clinic describes mental illness as the following:

Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

Many people have mental health concerns from time to time. But a mental health concern becomes a mental illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress and affect your ability to function.

So it certainly fits. It just isn't acceptable to left wing identity politics to say so. Again, is being gay a choice? That was the question pushed for years, with the left screaming it wasn't.

So by any possible logical conclusion, it certainly is (edit- a mental illness). Can't have your cake and eat it too, I'm just going by the lefts definitons
    I see you’re still up to the same old, same old - pulling from your ass prefusely.

You guys really gotta stop quoting this guy. The ignore function is there for a reason.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I see you’re still up to the same old, same old - pulling from your ass prefusely.

You guys really gotta stop quoting this guy. The ignore function is there for a reason.
    ಠ_ಠ

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Then maybe the UCP should pick cleaner candidates? I mean the worst NDP winner wore a stupid tshirt in a social media post, but the UCP can't find anyone that doesn't have some kind of racist history?
    Anyone can become a nominee with the party. You want to run? Go ahead. The party can remove you, but I don't think they can block anyone.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Anyone can become a nominee with the party. You want to run? Go ahead. The party can remove you, but I don't think they can block anyone.
    So essentially, the NDP are vetting the UCP members for them, before the UCP gets into power. Sounds like a win to me.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

It seems the NDP are dealing with a bit of a contradiction here. How can they re-organize society under the premise that gender identity and sexual orientation are entirely subjective and fluid, then try to ban people from wanting to change their own identity? They can't have it both ways here.

And instead of running away from it, the UCP should be pointing this out.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    On a somewhat related note, is conversion therapy really a thing in this part of the world or is it just in the deep South of the US / bible belt? Or are the NDP just creating a law for something that doesn't exist? Is this akin to banning all people over 10 feet tall from public transit?
    It doesn't exist, there is no such thing in Alberta and probably hasn't been for decades. It's only purpose is to setup a strawman, and then wrongly associate it with the UCP.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    As mentioned, it's trap legislation to try and get the worst social conservatives to be up in arms that they can't force minors into conversion therapy and have the government pay for it (something the government already doesn't have to do because the programs covered by insurance wouldn't do them anyway on moral grounds).

Your concerns about gender dysphoria would be valid if there was anybody on the left (or right for that matter) who supported government insured hormone therapy on a minor against their will.
    Who is forcing anyone into conversion therapy here, and wants the government to pay for it?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    It seems the NDP are dealing with a bit of a contradiction here. How can they re-organize society under the premise that gender identity and sexual orientation are entirely subjective and fluid, then try to ban people from wanting to change their own identity? They can't have it both ways here.

And instead of running away from it, the UCP should be pointing this out.
    You're trying to woo over NDP voters. These people aren't that smart, so logic isn't how you are going to prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    Who is forcing anyone into conversion therapy here, and wants the government to pay for it?
    I'd like to think nobody is. But that doesn't really matter.

For example, if you fight against this bill, somebody can ask:

Why do you feel people should be allowed to force kids into conversion therapy and have the government pay for it?!

It is a trap. It, as the article in the OP points out, doesn't really affect anything. It doesn't affect what adults can willfully do, and prevents the government from paying for something it already doesn't have to pay for. Getting push back from the social mouth-breathers on the right is the hope, when all they need to do is try to keep their mouth shut because there is absolutely nothing to gain by doing so (and as a bonus, there isn't anything to lose by doing so).

My Ride
    Silverado

Except burning tax payers money.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Except burning tax payers money.
    Are they getting paid more for doing this than doing nothing at all? Would you rather the NDP focus their time on more worthwhile legislation that will see sweeping changes both socially and economically to justify their salary?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

I honestly couldn't tell you I knew who they were either. After some 3 minutes it looks like they mostly protest social issues. Nomination candidates and the party should have known better. Good on the party to recognize it and deal with it before the media could try to spin it.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 10-08-2018 at 11:29 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Where are the Soldiers of Odin logos on the shirts? All they did was pose with the general public. (the SOO acronym doesnt mean much to the average person - I didnt know what SOO meant until I looked it up)

Also, the SOO are against MASS immigration. What is the issue here?\

"Joel Angott, the president of Soldiers of Odin Canada, has said that his group supports "sustainable immigration"
    Last edited by revelations; 10-08-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Also, the SOO are against MASS immigration. What is the issue here?\

"Joel Angott, the president of Soldiers of Odin Canada, has said that his group supports "sustainable immigration"
    So you're saying the headline should be:

'Jason Kenney and other UCP members condemn group that supports sustainable immigration.' ?

You're making this worse by trying to 'help.' I get you're worried that people will think the party is all about the alt-right because members either reach out to them, or embrace them when they show up and offer their support, but by playing these guys down after the party has already taken a hard line stance against them is the opposite of what you should be doing.

'We condemn the KKK and absolutely do not share their views...but I mean it's not like they're that bad. They just want to preserve their history and culture. What's so bad about that? But again, as we said, we absolutely do not support this and do not associate with the KKK or their views, even though those views aren't really that bad when you look at their propagan...er...literature.' See what I mean?

I mean seriously, the party actually did the only thing they should have done and condemned them, and now idiots are trying to play it down with: 'But the group based on a very overtly racist group in Finland isn't actually racist over here. They're just a neighborhood watch group. Says so on their website.' If you're worried about the perception of the party, toe the party line on this one and actually separate yourselves from these guys, not try to justify why it's not a mistake to embrace the support of this group.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

No, Im asking whats the issue here? The SOO are against mass immigration and are pro-sustainable immigration.

How is this bad?

Neo Nazi groups have pro-white mandates and clear ties to white supremacy/racist behavior in their charters and historical actions.

Being pro immigration is not it.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-08-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    No, Im asking whats the issue here? The SOO are against mass immigration and are pro-sustainable immigration.

How is this bad?

Neo Nazi groups have pro-white mandates and clear ties to white supremacy/racist behavior in their charters and historical actions.

Being pro immigration is not it.
    I guess we could ask them what they feel is sustainable immigration, but given the openness of the founders' neo-Nazi backgrounds we can probably take a stab at it.

Is being a fan of sustainable immigration bad? No. Is associating yourself with founders and members of neo-Nazi groups and other ultranationalist groups good for your group's mandate of "sustainable" immigration? Fuck no.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3