Quantcast
Amazon Prime returns - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amazon Prime returns

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bought a bunch of different storm door hardware because I wasn't sure which kit I needed for my mothers house. Clicked return on two items this morning. Still a flawless process, one item I got this following message too "We are processing your refund. You don't need to return the item back to us!". So I am keeping the item, and getting my money back. Dropping the other item at the post office this afternoon for free return shipping.

So no surprise, but amazon returns are still awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Bought a bunch of different storm door hardware because I wasn't sure which kit I needed for my mothers house. Clicked return on two items this morning. Still a flawless process, one item I got this following message too "We are processing your refund. You don't need to return the item back to us!". So I am keeping the item, and getting my money back. Dropping the other item at the post office this afternoon for free return shipping.

So no surprise, but amazon returns are still awesome.
    They often do that. I've got to keep a ton of stuff - basically anything that doesn't make sense to ship back. My neighbor got a free extra snowblower when Amazon sent him two haha! Amazon is the best. Also if it's sold by Amazon you'll get a refund immediately, and you don't have to wait for the item to actually arrive at their warehouse.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Had a bad experience with Amazon refund a few weeks ago. We had an Amazon Baby Registry, and we were supposed to be able to return the gifts and get gift card/amazon credit back.

- We returned a relatively expensive gift (>$150). Using the Amazon Return center paid $20 to generate a return label and sent it back.
    - Item noted as received a week later, but remained "Processing" for over a month.
    - Live chat with agent, who confirmed that the item was "stuck in refund center" so will process it immediately.
    - No gift credit after 2 weeks, live chat with Agent again. Agent admitted that they messed up and refunded the original buyer's credit card rather than as a gift card. Said it's an easy fix and will forward to Billing to adjust
    - No gift credit after 4 weeks. Live chat with Agent again. Agent said they actually can't recharge the credit card once it's refunded. So I asked of what this means, and they said they screwed up but there's nothing they can do. Too bad so sad.
    - Obviously angry cause it's an expensive gift and I had to follow up myself 3 times over 3 months to find this out. I asked if there's a number I can call to file a complaint. They said no, but they will submit the case internally to quality control for review. I asked if there's an email for ME to write and file the complaint so I can provide the whole story. They said no, it's internal only. I asked if someone can confirm with me that a complaint has been filed in this matter. They said no they don't disclose that to customers. So I asked if the agent can confirmed that they mis-handled the return and costed us $150+ in credit and $20+ in return fees for the purchaser, and there's nothing Amazon can do about this and I can't even get an acknowledgement that someone messed up.. the agent said yes..

My Ride
    Eclipse

I've had some ups and downs with Amazon Prime - There used to be a seller and he sold these crappy bluetooth headphones and they were ALWAYS on sale.. purchased and got in an argument with Amazon and cancelled my membership for a few months.

Got back to it recently (month to month) and then got a free month and my dad purchased this by mistake from my account: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried EVERYTHING to have the order cancelled but I noticed like 3 hours after it was purchased, I contacted UPS the next day and try to cancel it (Amazon told me too) and UPS basically told me they won't cancel it and to not sign for the A/C when it arrives, I told amazon I can't cancel it - I think i contacted them about 5 times and told them it's extremely silly how it's currently near Toronto and they want to send it to me so I reject it and send it back.

Amazon decided to just refund me the $240ish and keep the item, I told them I'll pay for a year of amazon Prime afterwards since they helped me out.

UPS ended up just leaving the package at my house without a signature anyways so I would of struggled returning it anyways...

Ended up just letting my dad keep it as a fathers day gift and now reading prime it seems I used to get A LOT more 1 day FREE shipping on items and it is just charging me for 1 day shipping, seems even though I'm eligible being in Calgary it has to come from the fulfillment center near me to qualify for free 1 day shipping, which now seem very rare..

Anyways A+++ to amazon for refunding me and letting me keep the Portable A/C -

Edit: Forgot to mention 1 click purchase was used on the item, (I never use it myself since I want to verify the address) - I asked them to remove it from my account so it doesn't happen again.

Edit: Also had a $30 credit on my account which got used towards the A/C purchase, I got returned the $30 credit as well
    Last edited by Kobe; 06-11-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Ford

Ordered a Rain barrel for like $100 free shipping. When it arrived it was not the colour advertised. GO to do a return and Amazon had us ship the barrel back on our own dime and then refund the money later. Funny thing is the barrel was $100 with prime shipping. But cost $150 so ship back as it was giant. We got the money no problem. Just fucked up.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I would have just charged back my CC if they tried to make me pay up front for their screw up

Isn’t that essentially how the whole Nigerian prince scams work? Lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Funny thing with Amazon is they don't do price guarantees. I purchased some shelves 2 weeks ago for $160, and they went on sale last week for $120. Contact Amazon and they said they wouldn't price match, so I had to order the cheaper shelves, and send back the "old" shelves to get a refund.

This is a big waste of money for them since they will pay for shipping to me and shipping back to them. For the exact same product by the same seller on FBA.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Funny thing with Amazon is they don't do price guarantees. I purchased some shelves 2 weeks ago for $160, and they went on sale last week for $120. Contact Amazon and they said they wouldn't price match, so I had to order the cheaper shelves, and send back the "old" shelves to get a refund.

This is a big waste of money for them since they will pay for shipping to me and shipping back to them. For the exact same product by the same seller on FBA.
    Your credit card will price match stuff on Amazon up to a certain amount if it's any one of the major cards. Quick form to fill out and they send you a $40 check. Works for me up to my maximums.

It's a lot cheaper for Amazon to do what they got you to do rather than allow EVERYONE to simply call them for a refund every time there is a price change, that's why they don't do it. The instant there is the slightest bit of effort/hassle involved, 90% of people don't bother.

My Ride
    LNF

I had a interesting experience with Amazon.. Hopefully my experience will help others avoid what happened with me.

I ordered a mattress in a box (Zinus) for my camper from amazon prime. Tried out the mattress and did not like it. With Endy or Casper, you just phone them up and they arrange a truck to come pick it up and donate.

So I called amazon and the lady asked me to box it up and Canada post would take it.. SO even after asking her how do I ship a queen sized mattress.. She says "Oh no worries, canada post will take it". I also said how endy does it and she said we do not do that..

So I wrapped it in cardboard. Struggled to get to canada post and fit it through a door etc. Canada post says its too big

I was pretty pissed off at this point. I called amazon again and the rep this time says "oh that other rep was incorrect, we have a shipping company that deals with large items and we just arrange them to come pick it up" Well WTF.. So he says they will just full refund me for the mattress and I can toss it out or donate it.

TL: DR is that Amazon has shipping companies that will pick up large items.. So if you need a return on a large item, make sure you insist that amazon deals with it and not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Your credit card will price match stuff on Amazon up to a certain amount if it's any one of the major cards. Quick form to fill out and they send you a $40 check. Works for me up to my maximums.

It's a lot cheaper for Amazon to do what they got you to do rather than allow EVERYONE to simply call them for a refund every time there is a price change, that's why they don't do it. The instant there is the slightest bit of effort/hassle involved, 90% of people don't bother.
    Good to know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2