Quantcast
Daily driver under 7k - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily driver under 7k

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Daily driver under 7k

Looking at picking up another daily under 7k. I'm leaning towards an AWD, but depending on the car, not opposed to FWD.

There doesnt seem to be many AWD options in that budget, but I'm looking mainly for fuel economy, reliability and automatic, but not completely boring to drive.

What should I be looking at? I'm really drawn to the e90 328xi but at that budget, I feel like I'd get a shit car.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Acccord5 bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:53 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If the LS bores you, the 328xi will put you to sleep, my 330xi with the auto is the worst... and everything feels cheap (probably thanks to having the M3) but yeah, not a fan... beast in the snow though!

My Ride
    This and that.

Don’t know if you saw my other thread but I am actually kinda looking for something similar right now. Check it maybe find some good suggestions in there. Personally for me I am fixated on a GTI and checking one out tomorrow. Looking st a few options, keeping between 2007-2012’ish depending on the deal.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

2003-2006, 2007/2008 G37x sedans, 2006 BMW 330xi, Audi A4s... not much selection for AWDs, I used to look... also, Infiniti Fx35/45... maybe even a 2001-2004 Audi TT.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    2003-2006, 2007/2008 G37x sedans, 2006 BMW 330xi, Audi A4s... not much selection for AWDs, I used to look... also, Infiniti Fx35/45... maybe even a 2001-2004 Audi TT.
    See, I'm really interested in the audis, but I'm afraid of the reliability and know nothing about them other than the bad things.

Also, the G37s...there are soooo many in my price range that it makes me feel like there is something wrong with them lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    If the LS bores you, the 328xi will put you to sleep, my 330xi with the auto is the worst... and everything feels cheap (probably thanks to having the M3) but yeah, not a fan... beast in the snow though!
    I had a 128i that was actually really fun but I've never driven the 328xi. Beast in the snow is a big plus though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Don’t know if you saw my other thread but I am actually kinda looking for something similar right now. Check it maybe find some good suggestions in there. Personally for me I am fixated on a GTI and checking one out tomorrow. Looking st a few options, keeping between 2007-2012’ish depending on the deal.
    I'm not a big baller like you dude, I have a baby budget lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Here is my suggestion
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Turbo, AWD, pretty low KM's, great interior... not a bad budget DD for sure

This is the first year of the redesign for the S40 and V50 with the wizzy award winning floating center console that journalists couldn't shut up about... the S60 and V70 didn't get a updated until I think 2 years later

I was really impressed with this car when it first came out, that inline 5 cylinder has a cool characteristic of having a flat max torque curve that goes for like 4000rpm... awesome power. Really like the engine in this car.
    Not sure what the issue with that particular Volvo is but it has been listed and re-listed on Kijiji many times over at least the past year.

I’ve got a 2002 Honda that’s jd2 with like 67,000 km and some subtle mods that fits the bill for awd and fuel mileage. Not the funnest to drive, but the 50 miles per gallon offsets that a bit. Has brand new winter tires on it too.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Here is my suggestion
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Turbo, AWD, pretty low KM's, great interior... not a bad budget DD for sure

This is the first year of the redesign for the S40 and V50 with the wizzy award winning floating center console that journalists couldn't shut up about... the S60 and V70 didn't get a updated until I think 2 years later

I was really impressed with this car when it first came out, that inline 5 cylinder has a cool characteristic of having a flat max torque curve that goes for like 4000rpm... awesome power. Really like the engine in this car.
    I really know nothing about volvos, nice enough car though, I wouldnt have a clue what to look out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loweg View Post
    I’ve got a 2002 Honda that’s jd2 with like 67,000 km and some subtle mods that fits the bill for awd and fuel mileage. Not the funnest to drive, but the 50 miles per gallon offsets that a bit. Has brand new winter tires on it too.
    Thanks, but I have to pass on JDM, my wife wont drive it, so she hinders my buying anything real good lol

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcc View Post
    Not sure what the issue with that particular Volvo is but it has been listed and re-listed on Kijiji many times over at least the past year.
    Usually if they don't mention accidents or history in the ad, and the price is low enough, I just assume it's rebuilt.
    I've considered Volvos in the past, especially the C30, but the styling just doesn't do it for me, however, all the new ones look great! I've turned my head every time I've seen those new XC90s on the road, what a masterpiece.

My Ride
    CAEB, 6G72

Quote Originally Posted by loweg View Post

Out of curiosity, what kind of Honda is it?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post

On the other hand, 7k is almost enough for a 2 year lease of a (basic) new AWD car. You'd be ahead of the game just on maintenance alone.
    Which vehicles are we talking about here? Even a basic Impreza with 0.5% APR is $12k

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    See, I'm really interested in the audis, but I'm afraid of the reliability and know nothing about them other than the bad things.

Also, the G37s...there are soooo many in my price range that it makes me feel like there is something wrong with them lol
    The G37 is shit for resale but if you find one that's been maintained they're great daily drivers. Not the best at anything, but pretty good at everything. Q50 is heading that way with the resale too.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by relyt92 View Post
    The G37 is shit for resale but if you find one that's been maintained they're great daily drivers. Not the best at anything, but pretty good at everything. Q50 is heading that way with the resale too.
    I have a feeling that 90% of them are in the NE and haven't been maintained well at all lol I've always liked the Gs but I heard alot of issues about oil consumption with them, so it kind of scares me a bit.

Honda that’s, it’s actually called Honda That’s. Was part of a big ad campaign for the Honda life. Resulting in ads with the slogan “that’s life”.

If you want pics pm me your number and I’ll text ya

My Ride
    KTM

I have a feeling that 90% of them are in the NE and haven't been maintained well at all lol I've always liked the Gs but I heard alot of issues about oil consumption with them, so it kind of scares me a bit.
    I had a friends G37 for a couple weeks and I found it TERRIBLE on gas. Also found it hard not to put my foot into it, which likely contributed to the shitty mileage haha.

My Ride
    G37X

G35 had oil burning issues, not so much G37. There's honestly not much in the way of issues with the G37. Bad mileage and bad resale for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcd View Post
    I had a friends G37 for a couple weeks and I found it TERRIBLE on gas. Also found it hard not to put my foot into it, which likely contributed to the shitty mileage haha.
    It's true, the VQ is terrible on gas. It doesn't help that the car is torqueless it needs a bit of gas to get moving decently. 7500RPM in it is fun though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast