Quantcast
Nordic spa kananaskis - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nordic spa kananaskis

Default Nordic spa kananaskis

Curious if anyones been recently. Lots of recent reviews seem pretty bad. Just looking to get away with the Mrs and thought this could be a fun relaxing time. Stay a night... spend the day there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rimrock and upper hot springs if you are a realtor.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The prices have doubled over the last couple years. Still, it's a nice getaway. I believe weekdays are a bit cheaper if you can swing it.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The prices have doubled over the last couple years. Still, it's a nice getaway. I believe weekdays are a bit cheaper if you can swing it.
    This is correct. I was there last weekend Friday - Sunday and a standard room was $750/night so I used bonvoy points to cover the room. They wouldnt give me early check in or late check out despite my bonvoy status as they were too short staffed to prepare rooms. They waived the parking fee in lieu of not giving late check out. The hotel and facilities need a little TLC and they should keep an eye on their towels as most of the ones in my room were very worn out and fraying. Even the two robes in the room had ripped pockets and looked like crap.

At Forte the variety of the breakfast and dinner buffets was noticeably smaller than when we went back in February and Cedar room had raised their menu prices and limited their entree choices as well. They were also a bit short staffed and the waitresses seemed a bit overwhelmed as it was always busy for every meal time. They lost 3 of our dining bills so I was not mad about not being charged for 1 breakfast and 2 dinners lol.

on the spa we did the twilight for $90 and spent 2 hours. Paying almost $200 bucks per person for the day rate is pretty steep.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Rimrock and upper hot springs if you are a realtor.
    Dining at the Rimrock looks pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    We would go mid week... pools, massages and some good food is what I'm looking for. Seems like a mixed bag at Nordic. I'd be a bit annoyed if it ends up super shitty.

@Proyecto2000 - thanks for the insight. Sorta falls into what I saw online. I'll call them in the morning see how the packages work. Website seemed a bit confusing

I could do Fairmont in jasper with their outdoor pools/masages/dining options but not that interested in jasper.

My Ride
    *The First*

Rim Rock was incredible about 10 years ago but that's essentially useless info today. The dirty secret is Jasper > Banff and the Fairmont there is exquisite. But again, I haven't been since Herr Justin gave everyone a free ride in 2017 and that ruined the pricing for anything in Lake Louise or anywhere else in the federal Park.
    I did a spa thing in Fairmont Calgary recently and it was fantastic. I didn't see the bill, but it was still great.

Have you considered Azuridge in Priddis? That place always delivers.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Dining at the Rimrock looks pretty decent.

We would go mid week... pools, massages and some good food is what I'm looking for. Seems like a mixed bag at Nordic. I'd be a bit annoyed if it ends up super shitty.

@Proyecto2000 - thanks for the insight. Sorta falls into what I saw online. I'll call them in the morning see how the packages work. Website seemed a bit confusing

I could do Fairmont in jasper with their outdoor pools/masages/dining options but not that interested in jasper.
    Wife and I did the romance package at the Post in May and that was as a good package. Included a suite, 2 massages, breakfast for 2 days and 1 chefs tasting dinner. Their food is always amazing and the service is always superb as its a small hotel. Rooms are dated but everything else makes up for the crappy decor.

free bike rental in the summer and they setup a skating rink in the winter.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Was at the Nordic Spa about a month ago, just for the day - did not stay the night so cannot comment on the hotel.
    Massage was very good. Facilities were alright but got progressively busier during the day and afternoon, to the point that just about every sauna and pool felt uncomfortably full during the early evening; e.g. every chair occupied, someone sitting within arms reach in every pool...packed into the saunas like sardines without a place to sit, etc.

A few guests were using their cell phones in the pool areas and the restaurant (not the hotel restaurant - the one in the spa) and I found that disruptive and detracting from the experience. Staff did not bother to enforce the "no-phone" policy either. It was expensive if you're not Beyond's least-favourite realtor, but it was a unique experience and a bit of a treat / special occasion celebration for someone who hadn't been before, and that made it worthwhile.

Edit: best massage of my life was at the Post, and as someone else mentioned - food was great. Great experience, except I found the bed in our room to be absolutely awful, one of the worst I've ever slept on. I got through the first night because I had a few drinks...but the 2nd night was brutal and I barely slept. That's the one thing that's stopping me from returning - no joke.
    Last edited by XylathaneGTR; 09-27-2023 at 11:06 PM.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

Have you considered Azuridge in Priddis? That place always delivers.
    Funny you mention this. With all my searching this was on a short list. If I'm remembering right no pool/hot tub is all as my one hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Wife and I did the romance package at the Post in May and that was as a good package. Included a suite, 2 massages, breakfast for 2 days and 1 chefs tasting dinner. Their food is always amazing and the service is always superb as its a small hotel. Rooms are dated but everything else makes up for the crappy decor.

free bike rental in the summer and they setup a skating rink in the winter.
    The post wasn't on my radar... I'll take a look.

I think I'll skip the Nordic which is too bad.

My Ride
    *The First*

That's funny you mentioned that. I had to think a fair bit, but you're right.
    Although, your Butler will run you a bath in their enormous bathtubs and include some essential oils like an aroma therapy type of thing to complement it. I think it was the first bath I experienced in about a decade and it was tremendous.
    If you aren't bringing kids, who gives a shit about a pool. We take our kids every year and get one of their "camping rooms" where the kids have a tent in the loft. They fuckin love it. Also there's a Santa Mailbox during Xmas season and that's also a hit.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you are a poor like me, any hotel with an outdoor hot tub is a Nordic spa once the weather gets cold. 10 mins in hot tub, 2 mins standing outside in - 15c, back to hot tub.

#cheapiehaxx

I was also at the Nordic spa 1.5 months ago.

It's no longer a spa in my opinion. Too many "influencers" taking selfies and blabbering in the steam rooms/ saunas.

Not worth the price until they crack down on shenanigans.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If you are a poor like me, any hotel with an outdoor hot tub is a Nordic spa once the weather gets cold. 10 mins in hot tub, 2 mins standing outside in - 15c, back to hot tub.

#cheapiehaxx
    Banff hot springs
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

It's no longer a spa in my opinion. Too many "influencers" taking selfies and blabbering in the steam rooms/ saunas.

That sounds awful! I would be very displeased with that.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

I thought it was a fairly strict no cell phone policy?
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

"strict"

There are no staff from the Nordic spa walking around and monitoring activity.
    They sit at their towel counter.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So this is how they've managed to stay so busy despite the 100% cost increase.

My wife when to a Nordic Spa outside of Montreal a few years ago, and it was like $30 and better than the Nordic Spa in Kananaskis (according to her). It's just insane what is normal costing out here.

Jasper and area are super nice and prefer it to Banff; any excuse to drive HWY 93 is welcomed.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Jasper is a great town, and Miette hot springs are the best in the Rockies.

2:47 you can see her jiggly arse.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

1.5 months ago was still summer... We took the kids out there for 2 nights at the end of August and the entire place was pretty hectic.

Dropped the kids off at school and headed straight out to the Nordic about 3 weeks ago and it was great. There were 3 other people in there when we arrived, maybe about a dozen others around lunch time and still less than 20 when we left early afternoon. Mid week is definitely key and it's a much easier day trip (especially if you have to get back to pick kids up at school, etc) than Banff or LL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast