Quantcast
How to do Disneyland right? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How to do Disneyland right?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damn y'all. We getting personal up in here.

Anyway, as someone who went to both in the past several years, I would have to say that Disney World's system can definitely catch you off guard. We were lucky that we were able to move a couple things around strategically with our FastPass but there were definitely some rides that we had to miss out on account of having to book everything so early like it's an exclusive restaurant reservation.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Dark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, if 5 minutes is too much time for you to focus on something I feel sorry for your wife.
    Didn't know we were going to do DW until 5 minutes before we walked out of the hotel.

Even looking at the rides with long waits, they all looked like they sucked anyway. Won't need to worry about it though, won't be back in DW ever. Next Disney trip will be sometime when the Star Wars park opens in Anaheim. That shit is gonna rock. But I think we're going to get that VIP thing, because fuck lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Damn y'all. We getting personal up in here.

Anyway, as someone who went to both in the past several years, I would have to say that Disney World's system can definitely catch you off guard. We were lucky that we were able to move a couple things around strategically with our FastPass but there were definitely some rides that we had to miss out on account of having to book everything so early like it's an exclusive restaurant reservation.
    I'm not a Disney guy, never was. But went to DL with the kids a year ago and loved it. DW has reversed that somewhat. Cruise is the tie-breaker.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    What do you expect? Anyone who wears socks with sandals is obviously rich enough to not care what others think
    What's hilarious is that the real story behind the photo is that we bought the photo package, and the damn kids weren't getting enough. Being a chink, needed my money's worth, so lined up for the princess meet and greets on my own like a perv.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What's hilarious is that the real story behind the photo is that we bought the photo package, and the damn kids weren't getting enough. Being a chink, needed my money's worth, so lined up for the princess meet and greets on my own like a perv.
    bahahhaha. That whole story is told in a subtle way on the face of the princess. It's all right there.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Didn't know we were going to do DW until 5 minutes before we walked out of the hotel.

Even looking at the rides with long waits, they all looked like they sucked anyway. Won't need to worry about it though, won't be back in DW ever. Next Disney trip will be sometime when the Star Wars park opens in Anaheim. That shit is gonna rock. But I think we're going to get that VIP thing, because fuck lines.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a Disney guy, never was. But went to DL with the kids a year ago and loved it. DW has reversed that somewhat. Cruise is the tie-breaker.
    Wow. Good to know. I only went to DW once a decade ago but it was fun even though not as good. That Safari ride and the stunt cars thing was awesome! DW "magic kingdom" was a terrible replica of DL.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I had my picture taken with Ariel when I went to DL with my wife before we had kids. lol She was hot with those seashells... Not sure where that picture is but I am sure my wife will pull it out one day to embarrass me.

On the DL/DW thing, I personally prefer DL for the size. Although I would like to see Avatar in DW. Last time we went to Florida though (2 years ago) we just did Universal and Cape Canaveral and then further south on the coast for the rest of the trip. More relaxing.

My Ride
    ute

So far the Disney cruise fucking rocks. All it was made it to be. How's the weather up there.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Drugs and sex, what else?
    I work with a guy who used to work on a cruise ship. This about sums it up.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    RSTi

Bumping this up as I just got back from a 5 day trip with my fiancee.

We were supposed to have a quiet week but thanks to Grad nights and Galaxy's Edge opening soon it wasn't meant to be. They're actually blacking out Annual Passholders for the next 3 months so they were all trying to squeeze in one more trip this week.

Maxpass was fucking amazing. We averaged 20+ rides per day when stand-by queue's in the 50-80 minute range. I don't think we ever waited longer than 15 minutes for anything...plus we got all of the ride photos. If you're going to DL just do yourself a favor and budget it in, for $50USD per person you'll more than make that cost up in time spent doing other things.

Bump, thinking about a trip to Disneyland. 4 of us with me, wife, 2.5 yr old and 4.5 yr old. I feel like kids are finally old enough to enjoy it.

Can anyone comment on hotels? Is it worth staying on one of the on site Disney hotels and if so which one is a good middle of the road one? (I’d like to keep it under 400 usd/night if possible). Or if you had good experiences at off site hotels, any specific recommendations? Any specific times I should avoid? We were thinking potentially June before it gets too hot in the summer but maybe July/Aug are OK in Anaheim?

How many days is good enough to see everything? 4 days?

I have no idea how the passes work and reading this thread confused me even more haha. I’m sure it’s all different now anyways so I’ll do some research on that part

My Ride
    *The First*

^I have much to say and assist with this, but no time. Hopefully I'll remember later.

Last time I was in Disneyland was just before everything shot down for COVID. I was in LA for work for a couple weeks so went over a weekend. I've always done a 3 day park hopper pass. 1 day in Disney, 1 in California Adventure and the third to jump between the two to pick up anything you didn't see/want to do again. Getting Genie (new version of Fastpass) is going to make your life much less stressful.

Outside of summer holidays is going to be less busy than through the summer. Although, I was there at the end of Feb and it was still decently busy. I've always stayed at one of the hotels across the street and never had an issue, staying at one of the resorts may give you some perks like getting in earlier.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Bump, thinking about a trip to Disneyland. 4 of us with me, wife, 2.5 yr old and 4.5 yr old. I feel like kids are finally old enough to enjoy it.

Can anyone comment on hotels? Is it worth staying on one of the on site Disney hotels and if so which one is a good middle of the road one? (I’d like to keep it under 400 usd/night if possible). Or if you had good experiences at off site hotels, any specific recommendations? Any specific times I should avoid? We were thinking potentially June before it gets too hot in the summer but maybe July/Aug are OK in Anaheim?

I have no idea how the passes work and reading this thread confused me even more haha. I’m sure it’s all different now anyways so I’ll do some research on that part
    Grand Californian is the place to go especially with small kids. Easy in and out of park straight to the room for naps, while you go out and go nuts in the single rider lines.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

As @rage2 said Grand Californian is the hotel to stay especially with small kids.
    We stayed at the Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel and had the rooms at the Club Level totally worth it.
    Also when you stay in one of the Disney hotels you get the Magic hour and if you plan it properly you can easily do 2 to 3 rides during that one hour.
    IMO it is totally worth it to stay in the Disney hotels and I think 4 Days is good amount of time it again depends on how many rides you want to go on.

My Ride
    *The First*

We looked into Grand Cal for an upcoming trip and I recall $2,100/night for a suite with a deck so I don't think you can touch an on-site hotel for <$400/night.
    We've always stayed at DL Hotel and it's incredible but it used to be expensive and now it's kind of getting out of hand.

Kids are too young. I wouldn't bother yet.

Just got back from our family trip with kids 4 and 6. I wondered if they would be too young but we had an incredible time as a family, will do it again for sure. A few tips from me...
    - Book a hotel within walking distance to save having to shuttle (Our hotel was a 15min walk away and was perfect. Much more affordable too)
    - Pay for the Lightning Pass it's worth every penny to maximize your time and eliminate as many long lines as possible
    - We rented a side by side stroller, even though my son is 6 it made things so much easier on a long day, especially walking back to the hotel. The company we rented from delivered it to our hotel lobby.
    - Bring loads of snacks
    - Don't forget a portable usb charger, you'll need your phone all day to book attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Kids are too young. I wouldn't bother yet.
    I'm with Suntan on this.

Also reading more about Disney, they've done some bone headed upgrades that are causing everyone to lose their minds.

Edit: Also best way to do Disney is without kids.

I've taken my kids 3-4 times now and they have zero recollection of when we took them the first time when they were 2.5 and 4.

We just went there for spring break and its a different process now. You will have to buy ticks online and then book the actual days you want to go in, without a date physically booked you will not get in even with a pre purchased ticket, we saw a family lose it when they realized this at the gate and were denied. There might even be a chance all the dates are already sold out for the time you want to go, go onto disney site and check the dates available before you book anything else. We didnt know you had to book ticks so we booked too late and got screwed and were only able to book disneyland for 1 day when we wanted to do the California side too. If you want to see and do a lot at disney while taking your time id allow for 2 days there and then 1 at the cali side, get the genie add on!

For hotels under 400usd you'll be off the grounds but theres ton that are close but keep in mind you can walk to DL no problem but you wont want to be walking back after a day in the park. We stayed in a club level 1 bed at the grand California and it was almost 2000 can a night(thinly veiled humble brag lol) and it was worth every penny because they helped us get tickets to the California park when they found out we werent able to, they also had a fitness thing where you can go into the cali park before it opens and do a mini work out circuit and best off all we could go into the lounge and load up on snacks lol

Bring a battery pack to charge the phone that will be used for the genie, my wifes barely last the day.

Also bring lots of money as you will bleed money like you've never before

Forgot to add that we will just bring bottled water in and then ask for cups at the various food places so we can have ice water without spending crack money on the shit inside the park.
    Last edited by Rocket1k78; 04-07-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast