Quantcast
How to do Disneyland right? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How to do Disneyland right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Flash Mountain rocks! It’s also pretty racist which is also awesome.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Yah it's probably my favorite ride there.

Space Mountain is done up for Halloween. It just pitch black and you can't see any turns coming... really throws you for a loop.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    RSTi

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yah it's probably my favorite ride there.

Space Mountain is done up for Halloween. It just pitch black and you can't see any turns coming... really throws you for a loop.
    Sooooo....like it always is you mean?

Except for the Halloween part.

when I take one of my gf there one day if she was going to get wet it’ll be the last ride of the night which is in the hotel bed haa has you all know me too well lolz #reppower so coolz

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    We got back from Disneyland on Monday night. Trip went well but here are a few tips from me now that I know whats what.

Security checkpoints as you enter the main plaza between the two parks. Left and right side lines are for people with bags/strollers. Centre line is for no bag. After the first day, my gf went with no bag so we took the centre line and it moves 10x faster than anything else. Try to avoid bringing a backpack or stroller if you can. You get in WAY faster.

Gf wanted booze in California Adventure, but they wouldn't serve her without her passport. AB drivers license wasn't accepted. Apparently they don't accept foreign drivers license as I.D. Didn't want to bring our passports so we went without the booze. So if you want booze, bring passport.

Splash Mountain absolutely soaks you now. I remember never getting that wet when I was kid. Told my gf that and we hit it first day, first ride. Got totally soaked. Fills shoes with water, pants, shirt, everything soaked. Gf was upset as she had her hair done but turned into a rats nest for the rest of the day. hahaha. I assured her many times as we approached the ride that morning that she wouldnt get that wet.... so that didn't help when waves of water were landing right on top of her. If you sit near the back of the log, it's not that bad.

FASTPASS as much as you can. If going to Cali Adventure, be sure to hit Radiator Springs Racers first followed by Guardians of the Galaxy. Those rides have standby and FASTPASS lines that are horrid. Hit them earlier in the day.

Hate the lines all you want, but the place is still sooo damn sweet!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Dark View Post

They do runs with the lights on a couple of times a year and it's terrible from watching POV the videos. Just turns into another entry level roller coaster.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Dark View Post

I couldn't remember if it was pitch black when I went on it in 2001. I thought maybe they changed something.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Fun trip! Favorite ride was probably Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!

Also went to Universal (The Forbidden Journey is amazing) and Medieval Times.
    The ride is awesome because the elevator accelerates down at slightly faster than a natural gravitational drop, which fucks with your brain even more.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride
    RSTi

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The ride is awesome because the elevator accelerates down at slightly faster than a natural gravitational drop, which fucks with your brain even more.
    It also opens the doors a lot more than the Tower of Terror ride it replaces...I honestly like it more.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think balls hit the bottom of my throat a couple of times.
    Quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Fun trip! Favorite ride was probably Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!

Also went to Universal (The Forbidden Journey is amazing) and Medieval Times.
    I went on it for the first time on this past trip. I didn't know what to expect. All of a sudden I'm being launched and dropped. Scrambled the contents of my stomach.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    ute

Ya I didn't know what a drop ride was. Until that.

Good ride

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think we're going to enjoy it. I hope I don't regret not doing the concierge thing - the VIP boarding would be a lot better from the sounds of it.
    The concierge thing is a waste of money IMO. The perks aren't worth double the already expensive price. The basic service is top notch. Typical Disney customer service, almost everything is just done right. You won't regret skimping out on concierge.

I believe with concierge you get a special concierge area (which was packed when I looked in), unlimited/free drinks in their lounge, no waiting for bookings (we did most of ours prior anyways), and early boarding. VIP boarding to me is useless, we went early enough (around 11:30am) before the mad rush of resort guests in the afternoon and literally checked in, got the kids club watches, and walked on the boat with no wait. People that have done concierge says the staff will literally do everything and pretty much ask you if you need anything every time they see you. I'm not terribly high maintenance so really, the basic service was more than enough. The people I saw regularly recognized me and chatted with me when I saw them on other parts of the boat.

Family of 5, staterooms are interesting. I could've gone 2 rooms with way more space for the kids for about $2k more which allows us to merge the balconies. If you're a family of 4, you have even better options. The rear suites on deck 10 have an extended balcony overlooking the rear, great view, lots of room and only $600 more. Best value there IMO.

Castaway Cay is awesome. Private island, no bugs, clean as fuck, perfect beaches. Really wish I woke the kids up earlier to get out earlier and maximize relax time there.

The royal suite is baller, sometimes they come up for sale on off season cruises. I'd really like to give that fucker a try if it's available for $20k USD for a family of 5 (it's roughly $35k USD regular).

Other interesting shit, there's a lot of families that do back to back cruises. Basically 2 weeks on the same boat on 2 separate routes. Another one I'd like to try too. They literally get off the boat last and back on the boat first (even before VIP boarding) to maximize time on boat at port.

My Ride
    ute

good info. I didn't know we could combine the balconies...is there a removable divider or something? I was surprised at how little the upgrade was from 1 room to 2. I guess the biggest cost is the people , not the room itself. I guess that makes sense. I wasn't interested in jamming all of us in the same room. My wife and 4 year old tend to get up earlier than me and the older two...so we often split the rooms that way.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    good info. I didn't know we could combine the balconies...is there a removable divider or something? I was surprised at how little the upgrade was from 1 room to 2. I guess the biggest cost is the people , not the room itself. I guess that makes sense. I wasn't interested in jamming all of us in the same room. My wife and 4 year old tend to get up earlier than me and the older two...so we often split the rooms that way.
    Yea removable divider. We saw some rooms with 4 balconies together. Pretty badass.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/f...ng-staterooms/

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

You two are bloody killing me! The kids have been bugging us to go back to Disney for cruising but the pools on Royal Caribbean were way better. Now you throw in connecting rooms so I can get rid of the kids? Throw in a Star Wars day @ sea and I might as well just throw my wallet in the wood chipper.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    You two are bloody killing me! The kids have been bugging us to go back to Disney for cruising but the pools on Royal Caribbean were way better. Now you throw in connecting rooms so I can get rid of the kids? Throw in a Star Wars day @ sea and I might as well just throw my wallet in the wood chipper.
    haha I was looking at Star Wars and Marvel at sea trips too. Yea, shit's fucking expensive, especially at current exchange. I didn't realize how much more Disney charges. Royal Caribbean was 1/2 the price for similar room sizes which is crazy. Basically a new Civic for a week's vacation on Disney.

One more tip, bring your own TP. The TP on the boat, even in the high end washrooms did a number of my asshole. Taking a shit at the airport public bathroom, the TP was like butter.

My Ride
    ute

I think its a star wars them on our cruise...might be wrong.

What do you do in the evenings for child care if you want to go out for cocktails or a late dinner? Do they have babysitter services?

I imagine the TP thing is because it helps with their waste-water systems?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There’s a kids club. They get Mickey watch bands, scans in and play. If you’re going to Palo/Remy they’ll call down there and unless your kids are dying they won’t interrupt you. For older kids they have access to the tween/teen clubs and just explore on their own. We had 8 kids on the trip, the 5 y/os took a couple of days to want to go to kids clubs on their own, the 3 y/os got sick of it by day 5 and got clingy. We did all our adult dinners early on so it worked out.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast