Quantcast
ITR Becoming a Collectable - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ITR Becoming a Collectable

My Ride
    V8s

Default ITR Becoming a Collectable

Yet another sign that I'm starting to get old. A buddy and I have been talking the last few years about how the ITR is probably going to be come highly collectable car once we're in our 40s (still about ten years away) since all the 80s babies will have their money and start buying the cool/rare cars from their highschool and early uni days and driving up the price.

One owner ITR sold for ~$65kUSD at Barrett Jackson this year. Kinda cool to see it happen, also makes me wish I actually went through with buying one of these as an investment back when we started talking about it and I'm thinking about it a little more now. Unless perhaps they've been trading at this price for a while now and I've just not noticed it...

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...-TYPE-R-222422

Opinions? Anyone think I'm an idiot and this will be the peak value for this car?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet another sign that I'm starting to get old. A buddy and I have been talking the last few years about how the ITR is probably going to be come highly collectable car once we're in our 40s (still about ten years away) since all the 80s babies will have their money and start buying the cool/rare cars from their highschool and early uni days and driving up the price.

One owner ITR sold for ~$65kUSD at Barrett Jackson this year. Kinda cool to see it happen, also makes me wish I actually went through with buying one of these as an investment back when we started talking about it and I'm thinking about it a little more now. Unless perhaps they've been trading at this price for a while now and I've just not noticed it...

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...-TYPE-R-222422

Opinions? Anyone think I'm an idiot and this will be the peak value for this car?
    We’ll see it crest 100, I’m sure.

All the people grew up Idolizing it have cash now.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Ouch!! I remember when Brand new was on sale for ~ 28K back then ..and the dealership kept calling me to replace my GSR ..... Ouch!

I can see Old NSX and "stock" Supra in high demanding with high price .. but ItR ... um .. especially the front end of the N/A model are horrible ... I got my GSR, and I love it, awesome machine, but I still couldn't stand for the front end ... Got the RSX Type S, lovely car, but also not good looking .. (say compare to the Celica GTS back then) since then .. Honda are in to C R V kind of vehicles .. (Chinese Retired Vehicle..)

Till now, the new Civic Type R is brilliant for $45K, and the horny new N S X !!!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

As a Honda guy....I love this...I mean it sucks for us who want them but yeah haha...

It's reminiscent of the old Mopars and the like from our parents generations that now garner crazy money for prime examples....

Mark my words guys...get onto those EM1 SiR Civics...they will be up there in a few years time...especially in stock low mileage conditions....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’ve always wanted one but never had the money. I think it’s cool to see cars like this increase in value and following in a digital age.
    Last edited by Twin_Cam_Turbo; 09-29-2018 at 09:54 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    Mark my words guys...get onto those EM1 SiR Civics...they will be up there in a few years time...especially in stock low mileage conditions....
    Not to mention the Integra GSR's.

I remember an old 90's article in Sport Compact Car that said those with Civic SiR's and Integra GSR's dream of owning a Type R and those with Type R's dream of owning an NSX. Now it's gonna be, those who can't afford an NSX will settle for a Type R and those who can't afford a Type R will settle for a Civic SiR or Integra GSR hahaha

But yeah, those third gen Integras never appealed to me cause of those hideous bug-eyed headlights. Not to mention they were terrible to drive in the winter cause they collected snow. Loved the JDM front end though.

My Ride
    ute

Maybe.

Ive been looking at the rx7... Which has a similar problem. Most of them have been abused by tasteless ricers. Or even just guys who are doing mods for more power etc.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Feeling nostalgic? Douggy boy did a pretty good review on one here, and also touches a bit on why the value is skyrocketing.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Maybe.

Ive been looking at the rx7... Which has a similar problem. Most of them have been abused by tasteless ricers. Or even just guys who are doing mods for more power etc.
    If I was gonna buy a car from this era, it would be a stock low mile usdm rx7 or supra, or an ITR like this one. They'll all go up in value for collector grade cars, but because of the low production numbers the 97 usdm ITR is gonna go up the fastest/highest, imo.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I agree with what you're thinking. I just don't know the price point. My current list of cars are all 90's early 2000's cars and either stuff from High School or Gran Tourismo (no not kidding). Haha
    Cos...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If I was gonna buy a car from this era, it would be a stock low mile usdm rx7 or supra, or an ITR like this one. They'll all go up in value for collector grade cars, but because of the low production numbers the 97 usdm ITR is gonna go up the fastest/highest, imo.
    Perhaps....super hard to determine these things.

The difference between the ITR and the Rx7 is that the ITR was a great FWD car, but really only for its era. I'm not sure it would impress as much today. The Rx-7 was amazing for its era, and is still amazing to drive and look at today.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Perhaps....super hard to determine these things.

The difference between the ITR and the Rx7 is that the ITR was a great FWD car, but really only for its era. I'm not sure it would impress as much today. The Rx-7 was amazing for its era, and is still amazing to drive and look at today.

Maybe a big part of this is the Honda fanboi in me....But driving stock, or close to stock ITR's still always brings a smile to my face. Are there faster cars now??...of course...but there is just something, and PLEASE forgive my cliche, analogue about it and for me thats the fun factor....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I still don’t get the hype, but the obvious answer is but the best jdm one you can, sit on it for a few years until it is legal in the states and the market has really heated up, and sell down there. It is hilarious to me watching people go crazy for some of the jdm cars On youtube that most of beyond rolls their eyes at due to rhd
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

whens the NSX gonna go up to 180k

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Spotted a very clean White ITR a couple weeks back on deerfoot.
    Wonder what the value of the ITR in Calgary.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    whens the NSX gonna go up to 180k

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

LOL Another collectible...92 180sx sold for $18k

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...R-COUPE-222050
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    something green

A set of NOS door panels for a 88 Chev beretta might be worth something yet.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    MR2

To me the best thing about it was the motor. 200hp of an N/A 1.8 litre in the 90's? v6's were hardly making that much back then. And at almost 9k rpm. That was at the pinnacle of vtec as well. The K series motor kind of tamed it down since then

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Im still impressed with the ITR. I wrote up a review of a beyonder’s Jdm ITR a couple years ago. I decided to look for one before the summer and was blown away by the pricing so I gave up. It’s a spectacular handling car even today, especially the early lighter JDM models.

Edit - http://www.beyond.ca/canadian-jdm-in...e-r/39430.html

I wanted to buy one after writing up that review. Shouldn’t have procrastinated.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast